SIDESHOW - IRON MAN Mark 1 Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what statues would look like if HT tackled them.

Amazing job, and that makes the factory paint look horid IMO.

I felt like a kid in me.
:monkey4
pedobear.png

:monkey3:lol

See, my gripe with the SS Mark I maquette is the right arm. The sculpt is appalling the way his shoulder juts out, looks like it's been dislocated or something. If I bought it, I'd be staring at that all the time and wondering why I wasted my money. :dunno

Plus I don't dig the solid blue arc reactor. Would it have killed SS to sculpt it properly with some detail?

I think some of you guys are way too critical for owning these pieces.

the Mark I is an amazing statue and while some items aren't 100% perfect...nothing is. The Hot Toys version isn't perfect either.

But, the Hot Toys is exactly that...a TOY. This is a work of art. A true masterpiece that I am proud to display in my home.

Sure, the right arm could be better and perhaps a little closer to the body but it's so cool looking and is very ominous to view.

It's a formidable iconic pose and I absolutely love it. I wish I could have the exclusive version but regardless....I will display this piece for years to come.

IMG_7404.jpg

That repaint is amazing, by the way. Actually looks like Robert Downey Jr. now. I think Sideshow needs to really work on their eyes in particular. They can really make or break a piece.

20100505_9860deb8473339b38cf6r6U0O3Om05o5.jpg
20100505_b400a524bd224014fa5bH2chb333XaGB.jpg

good old ssc and their google eye painters.

they must have two people painting the eyes at the same time, since it seems more of them come out googly than straight on.:gah:

That's funny....:rotfl

it's my wifes office/den as well and we share the wall...compromise is the key word (until I get more stuff to take that crap down...:hi5:)

Cant complain about a compromising wife. Good thing its not your crappy stuff going down.... :hi5:

And yes I completely agree with you on this. Its still one of the best Sideshow has produce. I have 1 in my office and 1 at home.

marki01.jpg

Origins are not so far ...

origin02.jpg

origin01.jpg

marki06.jpg

marki005.jpg

marki0011.jpg

One of my friend is a talented painter and sculptor ( Admiral Mick known on statue forum ...)

I've asked him to give life to my exclusive head from the Mark I Maquette :exactly:

Imo, the result is just perfect :yess:
Hope you will like it ....

before & after ...

Now, Tony is alive :D

markbefaft.jpg

I think some of you guys are way too critical for owning these pieces.

the Mark I is an amazing statue and while some items aren't 100% perfect...nothing is. The Hot Toys version isn't perfect either.

But, the Hot Toys is exactly that...a TOY. This is a work of art. A true masterpiece that I am proud to display in my home.

Sure, the right arm could be better and perhaps a little closer to the body but it's so cool looking and is very ominous to view.

It's a formidable iconic pose and I absolutely love it. I wish I could have the exclusive version but regardless....I will display this piece for years to come.

IMG_7404.jpg

I can tell you have the very same Ikea shelves i do

Back