1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I frankly wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back again :|

This was initially supposed to come out in Q2 of 2018. Looking forward to it, though.
Was it? I recall the Sept - November date.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

crossing my fingers it will. passed over this for a while, took a closer look at it recently and had to get it. i know there were complaints of the hs, and ss's production work on hs's isn't amazing, but that portrait really drew me in. sideshow even got another purchase out of me with it - bought the jawas to go with him. i don't mind ss's prices as long as i don't have to pay their shipping AND THEN screw around trying to get my hands on the ups signature delivery.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 1.27.39 PM.jpg

From Sideshow's LQ livestream

Tab says shipping Sept-Nov 2018. Hopefully, it's up to date and will get released within the next 6-8 weeks.

Looks pretty good overall but something about the sculpt I don't like. I think partially because of it being an interpretation and not quite Guinness or McGregor. I generally don't like Sideshow taking creative liberties with characters. Costume and accessories look cool though.

Looks pretty good overall but something about the sculpt I don't like. I think partially because of it being an interpretation and not quite Guinness or McGregor. I generally don't like Sideshow taking creative liberties with characters. Costume and accessories look cool though.

Thats what happens when they don't include two sculpts like they did with the statue. Kind of a bummer.

This whole figure is a creative liberty, though, remember.
I’d like to see a “realistic” Rebels era Maul being done.
A line of mythos 1:6 interpretations of other characters would be cool.

This whole figure is a creative liberty, though, remember.
I’d like to see a “realistic” Rebels era Maul being done.
A line of mythos 1:6 interpretations of other characters would be cool.
I know but still. Just not a fan of that. It always kinda feels like a cheap out from Sideshow so they have an excuse for something not looking like we'd expect, whether it be this or one of their comic figures or whatever.

I know but still. Just not a fan of that. It always kinda feels like a cheap out from Sideshow so they have an excuse for something not looking like we'd expect, whether it be this or one of their comic figures or whatever.

Of course. Speaking from personal experience, it's always harder to bring a product to market that is 100% accurate and very easy to make one that isn't and palm it off as taking a few creative liberties.
We know they are a bit lazy when it comes to 1/6 scale figures. Their one success story was Maul. Nothing else has come close.

Back