Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

kinda wish I didn't post my pics in the middle of all this turmoil. :monkey3

Sorry! I'm not usually involved in the turmoil! :peace

Your pics are awesome. I think the skin tone looks way better on the in-hand pics.

How do you like the eyes and the hair/skin transition on the chin in-hand?

Actually its a good thing you posted your pics cause the most of the earlier pics were taken with flash. Got me even worried yesterday when I saw some of the pics before I opened mine. Its nice to see what the figure really looks like in a well lighted environment.

kinda wish I didn't post my pics in the middle of all this turmoil. :monkey3

I like your pics.

I am not trying to cut up the piece too much, the sculpt is nice and the tailoring and base is really nice. If the price dips later i will get it..i mean it is one of the if not, the best Depp likenesses.

That would be fantastic, but ultimately impossible. Things like the complex base and outfit that come with Jack inevitably jack up the price.

The Bruce statue has a bare bones base and is approximately 70% skin, with some simply tailored pants and, in some cases, sloppily painted shoes making up the remainder. Enterbay better have nailed the skin texture and paint apps because that's mostly what the statue has going for it.

If Enterbay put out a statue with a base and outfit on par with the complexity of Jack's, you better believe that $170 price is going for a hike.

EXACTLY, I won't deny that Enterbay is doing some really good stuff but if they had the license and did Jack with a real cloth outfit, there is no way in the world it would be $170. Period.

They put a lot of time into the tailoring, weathering, layering etc.

I'm still at work and I took another good look at mine and I agree, the people taking iphone photos and camera photos with flashes are ruining how good this piece looks. Flash washes out all the details, and iphone photos simply suck.

This honestly needs to be shot and shown by some of the boards really good photographers. The last couple of photos have been pretty good, but some others should chime in.

I agree with Valfar to a point (did I just write that!? :horror :thud: :slap), and after seeing what SS is doing with the German Paratrooper PF (in-person at Con) the PF line is in good hands.

To those who were there the realism in the skin was damn impressive. :clap :exactly: I wish Sparrow and a good number of past PFs were done with their new technique; but I still don't think that they are miserably done, and Jack does have some nice skin variations when seen in-person.

I will see if I can get a few shots of mine when I get home from work.

...I'm still at work and I took another good look at mine and I agree, the people taking iphone photos and camera photos with flashes are ruining how good this piece looks. Flash washes out all the details, and iphone photos simply suck.

This honestly needs to be shot and shown by some of the boards really good photographers. The last couple of photos have been pretty good, but some others should chime in.

2vng9ia.jpg

nyciad.jpg

15sabg7.jpg

rkydcn.jpg

Actually, these were taken with Iphone :wave Hee hee
I just know better not to use Flash:lol
That tells you how good this this thing really look in hand.

ps. I also used 2 LED strips instead of just one to better Illuminate the PF. This highlights a lot of features specially the face. Lighting makes a huge difference which a lot of people tend to ignore.

I think the piece looks great and I should probably stop coming in this thread because I'm just about ready to order one right now. Sculpt could be a bit better, but I love everything about it.

Turned out good,the idea and creativity behind this statue is just perfect,it just screams Jack Sparrow,couldn't ask for a better presentation of this character.The details and tailoring are top notch,the Paintjob,well it's sideshow and i could say it's good but i would be lying,the dreads look awesome though.

Their Human characters PF's Paintjob,specially the head,doesn't live up to todays standards imo.

I think the piece looks great and I should probably stop coming in this thread because I'm just about ready to order one right now. Sculpt could be a bit better, but I love everything about it.

YOU didn't order one yet? :impatient:
I thought I knew you....:monkey2

Some quick shots focusing mainly on the portrait:

n4w6lz.jpg

2jcf0bm.jpg

ridny1.jpg

2qm1ysn.jpg

1zmcr28.jpg

:wave

Thanks for the recent pics guys, they are definitely helping to solidify this PF as a must own for me :hi5:

Excellent....Excellent photos...

And thank you so much for the comparison one. I have it on Flex but I don't see myself waiting 3 months for it... It will be paid early.....

Cheers

Bear

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

A pic with some of my pf's for size comparison:

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

I'm surprised that more people aren't rolling up the sleeve to expose the cool Pirate brand and Sparrow tattoo, I know I will be. :exactly:

I would imagine it's because from average viewing distance you won't really be able to tell it's anything more than a black blotch on his arm, where how you position and futz the sleeve is more noticable and probably a better overall aesthetic for people.

I would imagine it's because from average viewing distance you won't really be able to tell it's anything more than a black blotch on his arm, where how you position and futz the sleeve is more noticable and probably a better overall aesthetic for people.

For me it's the balance of his sleeves; I thought it might look odd with one rolled up higher than the other.

Back