Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

I have Ex Darth Maul, Ex Captain America, Red skull, Dr Doom, Elvira, General Grievous, Hellboy, Thor, T2, Green Goblin and some i've probably missed. :lol

This would be in at #2 behind Dr Doom because this Jack pf is so awesome to look at! trust me you won't be disappointed if you buy this. :)

I have Ex Darth Maul, Ex Captain America, Red skull, Dr Doom, Elvira, General Grievous, Hellboy, Thor, T2, Green Goblin and some i've probably missed. :lol

This would be in at #2 behind Dr Doom because this Jack pf is so awesome to look at! trust me you won't be disappointed if you buy this. :)

THE SECOND??????????????? :horror

Over beautiful pieces as Captain America, Thor or General Grievous???

Then Jack must be GREAT!!

Thanks, i guess i will buy.

Over beautiful pieces as Captain America, Thor or General Grievous???

Then Jack must be GREAT!!

:lol

Yeah don't get me wrong those are also amazing and it's always hard when someone asks you to rank them in a list because once you start thinking of the others like Captain America etc it's hard to say that's better than Thor etc.

This is more than good enough to stand with any on my list though and i love it!

You guess?!?! :)

I think you'll be very happy with this. I'm shocked that they have some in stock (which I honestly think it's due to people having too many items in their shopping cart at the moment or before the holiday season) but once that passes, I don't think this should be lasting too long.... Jack Sparrow is easily a classic/timeless film character... So I'd sat DEFINITELY pick it up now.

Didn't SSC say they'll be making a second Jack PF? Based on the pics of this one I think I'll hold off and just wait and see if we get a smiling Jack with decent paint apps next time.

If you guys are contemplating on getting this, I highly suggest getting it. It is the typical "So much nicer" in hand.
When I saw some of the pics, I was already set in doing some futzing to it like maybe coloring the goatie/hair and weathering the clothes but its fine in hand. The clothes look very clean looking in pics but in hand, it isnt. And depending on your lighting, it enhances the facial features that it does indeed look like Depp. Hands down, I believe this will sell out and the price will hike when the next movie comes out.

I'm like a lot of the people here that I almost cancelled this due to a lot of cool Hot toys that's been coming out and I'm glad I didnt. This thing is a beauty.

2vng9ia.jpg

nyciad.jpg

15sabg7.jpg

rkydcn.jpg

Last edited:

Great pics there man! I am going to hang fire until I get paid in nov, but if I see this thing start to sell out soon I'll pull the trigger. Those pics do the sculpt justice. Some of them make it look terrible but most statue's look bad with flash on.

Some news from today's (10/29) Ask Sideshow. Doesn't warrant a new thread, so I posted it here since it's POTC related...

Q: I was thinking about a Davy Jones Premium Format… are there any plans?

A: Davy Jones has a lot of fans in the Sideshow office. Unfortunately, he’s been a slow seller for other collectible companies – which frightens us a bit because he’s such a complex character, demanding a big development investment. We’re determined to bring him to life in one format or another, which may mean we go with a format that’s a little less demanding than PF to test the waters on our own DJ sales.

New POTC maquette line coming, perhaps?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but after having collected SS and PFs for over 7 years I can honestly say that this is right up there among the better releases. The paintwork is actually very nicely done, and the sculpt looks great. It isn't my absolute favorite PF; but it certainly holds its own.

:lecture

Thanks Matt.
And Spikecast, glad you're gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on this, you wont regret it.

This is seriously phenomenal looking.

Couple more pics...enjoy :)

2quuji0.jpg

ejtst1.jpg

b3m03p.jpg

11mffj8.jpg

Last edited:

Just got mine, not happy with the paint apps. I'll post some pics later, but my Sparrow looks too Dark/tan. Reminds me of the Indy PF paint job.

He's supposed to be dark and tan. If you watch the movies, he was very tan cause it makes sense being a pirate and being out to the sea all the time:dunno

I got mine in today and took a few minutes to open and make sure nothing was broken.

Can anyone tell me what the white/off-white piece is thats coming down from his top braid? When I first saw it I thought it was something to keep the face away from the styrofoam or something funny. I initially thought it was supposed to be another strand of hair that never got painted, but I see it's in everyones pics. What is it?

EDIT: I didn't remember it being in the proto shots, but I just went back to the SS shots and its on there as well, so it is intentional. Still curious as to what it is.

11mffj8-b.jpg

I always wondered myself while watching the films; figured it was a bone of some sea creature. :dunno :lol

But as you said, it certainly belongs there, even if we have no clue as to what it is. :lol

I was going to buy this as my first PF but, now..since i just got 1/4 Scale HD Masterpiece- Bruce Lee HD-1002 full statue
at $200..this PF doesn't even come close to having Enterbay detail at a lower cost to boot.

There is no excuses anymore, this line needs to evolve.

The eyes throw it off the most to me. He needs more eyeliner and they need to be more closed.

Back