Sideshow Scum and Villainy Limited Edition 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know all of these characters by name so I was googling "Star Wars (insert name)" to see who they were. Accidentally omitted the 'r' in in Labria and it produced some very interesting results lol...

tumblr_a4359b76b5a596e2d0f90e9dfc1c42b7_7f46ebf3_500.jpg

I can kinda live with the price for Greedo, since he's an important character and a figure I've been wanting for ages.

But for some of these others $280 is going to be a really hard pill to swallow. Especially for someone like Garindan that is mostly made up of a black cloak.
I'm hoping that he'll be a bit less because of that. Maybe @$250? Ponda Baba is $275 so we know they won't all be $280.

Sideshow just turned my collection upside down. I never thought I’d be planning for cantina aliens and skiff guards. Let’s face it, these are niche characters that are not for everyone. They need to make a profit. Hopefully these look good as a final product. I’m skeptical.
However, I remember people complaining about the Dengar figure but he’s decent. He looks ok with the other bounty hunters. Also, hot toys never made him and most likely won’t. The only cantina alien I can see hot toys making is greedo. Even that’s a long shot considering they only make 3 ot a year.
Also, wasn’t the sideshow x wing Luke $240? That was at least 7 years ago. So $280 isn’t surprising considering it’s sideshow, they aren’t selling 10,000 of these, and it’s sideshow. Very interesting times.

The idea for this line is great but at these prices.. yikes. I’m not sure what Sideshow is thinking.

Greedo is worth the money because he’s iconic even if his role is small. The rest are hard to justify at over $300 each (after factoring in tax and shipping).

I'm guessing these will really depend on how much being the "only game in town" really matters to you.

Outside of that, I imagine Greedo himself will sell well based on the price of getting ahold of the first one secondhand and being more recognizable than some of the others.

I think Sideshow is trying to see how much they can milk out of collectors to be honest. They probably realize there’s demand for these characters and want to see what the breaking point is before people pass.

The prices for these are silly. No likeness rights to clear and pretty bare bones. Plus Sideshow quality which we all know is questionable.

I think Sideshow is trying to see how much they can milk out of collectors to be honest. They probably realize there’s demand for these characters and want to see what the breaking point is before people pass.

The prices for these are silly. No likeness rights to clear and pretty bare bones. Plus Sideshow quality which we all know is questionable.
Likeness rights? The license fees and multi-tier approval process are going to still be in place, which is the likeness rights process.

Ordered Greedo and Walrus Man. This has been a long time coming. What the eff was Sideshow waiting for? Clearly something given the fact that they have a dozen figures basically ready to go it seems like.

Not sure how many others in the first tier (Cantina) I'll go for, but interested in some of the Jabba goons.

Not going to lie, I'm all over this. Sure they'll be inaccurate and overpriced, but so is HT. They just do a better made inaccurate and over priced. The difference here being, these are figures I actually want. The background weirdos and aliens are everything in StarWars and HT just ain't ever going to make them. The old SSC Greedo, Cantina aliens and Hammerhead are still favourite standouts in my 1/6 collection, mixed in with better made HT Vaders, Tarkin, and troopers etc. They won't be anywhere near perfect, but Im glad Sideshow chose to do this.

Last edited:
Likeness rights? The license fees and multi-tier approval process are going to still be in place, which is the likeness rights process.
Right but these don’t have an actor/actress license to clear in addition to having to license the Star Wars brand, which they already have.

Back