Sideshow Scum and Villainy Limited Edition 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered Greedo and Walrus Man.

I'm going to guess that Greedo, Walrus Man, Squid Head, and Bib Fortuna and maybe Weequay will be the big sellers of the 12 so far. Just very unique and fun.

The others, like Klaatu, Barada and Nikto, are for diehard creature collectors.

I'll say it again for Wave 3 -- the four-armed, silver spacesuit wearing Nabrun Leids is a must

Without realizing it, Sideshow figures still make up a decent portion of my collection. They do mix well with the hot toys. The whole bounty hunter crew, probe droid, hoth han and Luke, at at driver and tie pilot, skiff lando, jabba are all good figures. Maybe not hot toys quality, but I’m happy with them. These looked good in the sideshow video so fingers crossed.

I think these are the rest but not sure about whether we're looking at Nikto (he was Kenner for Christ's sake), Vedain (pictured here in the second pic in Hasbro form) or Vizam. And could be Klaatu at the very end instead of the Weequay Hunter. I would think they'd be attempting different creatures but appears they may be doubling up on one.

5E0F8533-6866-4353-AC4E-65FB2D52D5E9.jpeg
DC29CDD8-F935-48EA-8DD0-B6994751C925.jpeg

Last edited:
Without realizing it, Sideshow figures still make up a decent portion of my collection. They do mix well with the hot toys. The whole bounty hunter crew, probe droid, hoth han and Luke, at at driver and tie pilot, skiff lando, jabba are all good figures. Maybe not hot toys quality, but I’m happy with them. These looked good in the sideshow video so fingers crossed.
SS figures def still holding it down in the collection... only regerts I have is that I departed with all my SS Sandtroopers thinking HT was going to come fast and steady with their versions after the orange pauldron squad leader set the tone... but I still have supporting cast members even outside cantina and jabba aliens from SS that hold up as background display characters not to be focused on, heads low etc. such as Endor troops and rebel troops, behind center characters like Leia standing in front of the blockade rebels, and Endor Luke & Leia leading the Endor rebels :cool:

Interestingly Skeleton Crew might inspire HT to drop a Wolfman, new Ree-Yees and Klatoonian?
""
910zk6.jpg

Last edited:
^ Phantom Menace extra?

9121ko.gif

911wex.gif

LOL he missed his cue, everyone else "following" the speeders looking left to right.

Reminds me of the Scooby Doo and the Spooky Space Kook
9121fi.gif

9120v5.gif

If he gets a figure I seriously hope they call him that!

Last edited:
I've still got the Probe Droid, E-Web, and Skiff Lando but that's about it. My first 1/6 figures were all SS around the time I joined here: Han/Luke Hoth, Vader, TaunTaun. Was quickly hooked.

EBF55B82-316E-45E0-9D2F-AE7F4040EC23.jpeg

1EA458F7-445F-42A8-B669-98B37958C2CB.jpeg

242723ED-8C0A-42DA-97DE-9711093F1E71.jpeg

Right but these don’t have an actor/actress license to clear in addition to having to license the Star Wars brand, which they already have.
I'm not sure how much of that is actually a hurdle. The likeness issues aren't typically handled separately for a fabricated character and an performed character - Disney (or whoever holds the rights) usually manages that along with everything else. It's possible some actors hold some likeness review - and that might add a bit of time - but it wouldn't typically affect the cost to a third party like Sideshow.

I could be wrong, but for full disclosure here I have worked on licensed properties in comics and toys for over thirty years - including working on Star Wars licensed media. My guess is that any rights fees for likenesses are likely generically purchased by the studio with the actors at time of contracts and the actors have little to zero involvement.

So is that Greedo better or worse than the first one?
Yes, It is. As always both versions are very likely going to have their pros and cons. Judging by these first-look photos the v.2 suit is a tighter fit for the body, but the onscreen costume always came accross as being oversized so It's not necessarily a more "accurate" take. The v.1 Headsculpt is very good i.m.o. and the skin/eye colors (while pretty simplified and one dimensional) are fairly close when compared to the movie screenshot. I'd definitely recommend a repaint/touch-up before putting it on display though...

Screenshot_20240822_094434_Gallery.jpg

The figure on the far right of the silhouetted ROTJ scum line is Klaatu Skiff - you can see his thin waist belt, flared rear skirt and angled-straps bib just below his neck if you turn the brightness all the way up.

He was one of the old Kenner figures - interesting that all of the other identified figures are (the one to the left of this Klaatu Skiff remains a mystery, though if they are sticking with Kenner it would be the blue Nikto.)

Screen-Shot-2024-08-22-at-9-27-17-pm.png

Great line so far. However, due to the price, Bib is the only one Im in for.

Interestingly Skeleton Crew might inspire HT to drop a Wolfman, new Ree-Yees and Klatoonian?
910zk6.jpg
Hell yeah, Wolfman!

^ Phantom Menace extra?

9121ko.gif

911wex.gif

LOL he missed his cue, everyone else "following" the speeders looking left to right.

Reminds me of the Scooby Doo and the Spooky Space Kook
9121fi.gif

9120v5.gif

If he gets a figure I seriously hope they call him that!
He actually reminds me of the lackeys from the Netflix MST3K series.

header+-+har+mar.jpg

But whatever the case, I think we can all agree that skull head space suit guy is a winner.

I love how all the spoilers are being exposed with screen brightness... the latest technology in detective work, we couldn't even imagine having back in the 90s

Bib and others to fill out Jabba makes most sense, the prices though, holy hell being a Canadian sucks so hard
Yeah, Just saw the absolutely ridiculous prices on the Sideshow website (Especially for overseas import). I'm going to skip the entire Mos Eisley batch and see if there's maybe a couple of figures from Jabba's Palace worth adding. They're gonna have to outdo the fan customs I already own by quite some marigin though for me to bite at these rates...

I think these are the rest but not sure about whether we're looking at Nikto (he was Kenner for Christ's sake), Vedain (pictured here in the second pic in Hasbro form) or Vizam. And could be Klaatu at the very end instead of the Weequay Hunter. I would think they'd be attempting different creatures but appears they may be doubling up on one.

View attachment 721548View attachment 721549
I feel like based on height and silhouette, bottom middle could also be Yak Face

Back