Sideshow Scum and Villainy Limited Edition 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Just saw the absolutely ridiculous prices on the Sideshow website (Especially for overseas import). I'm going to skip the entire Mos Eisley batch and see if there's maybe a couple of figures from Jabba's Palace worth adding. They're gonna have to outdo the fan customs I already own by quite some marigin though for me to bite at these rates...
yeah i have a lot of customs myself. like weequay yakface squid head etc.

These would have been great as a 3rd party release costing around £120 a figure. Cheap enough to collect them all and you forgive so so bodies and average paint apps.

Pretty nice timing, I got to use my expiring thank you coupon on Greedo and my Clone Wars Obi Wan showed up yesterday and then another thank you code came in and I used it on Ponda. That never works out for me

THEY'RE DOLLS!!!!!...

Archer - Phrasing2.gif

I feel like based on height and silhouette, bottom middle could also be Yak Face
That would have been really cool, but enhanced you can pretty much confirm that it's a Nikto in the face area. He has an open belt buckle that's visible in the enhanced pic and the only Nikto I'm aware of with a single buckle like that is Vizam, the nikto in the yellow vest who fires the deck gun at the skiff. You can see an outline of what looks like his vest, but there's other details that don't quite align either, so not 100% confirmed.

Good news for Chakaman if it is Vizam, because I think that's one of the very few Jabba goons he hasn't made. :lol

That would have been really cool, but enhanced you can pretty much confirm that it's a Nikto in the face area. He has an open belt buckle that's visible in the enhanced pic and the only Nikto I'm aware of with a single buckle like that is Vizam, the nikto in the yellow vest who fires the deck gun at the skiff. You can see an outline of what looks like his vest, but there's other details that don't quite align either, so not 100% confirmed.

Good news for Chakaman if it is Vizam, because I think that's one of the very few Jabba goons he hasn't made. :lol
I did a Vizam a few years back. He is in wardrobe right now getting an upgrade.😁

Screenshot_20240822-163925_Instagram.jpg

This series of announcements has to be the strangest in all of SW 1/6 scale history. We've really never seen anything like it. SSC basically loses live action SW license, then a few years later abruptly gets it back, and simultaneously drops literally a dozen figs all at once.

My assumption is that they made a financial decison to just get the super-expensive SW license for a short couple of years, so developed/prototyped a ton of stuff ahead of time, got the license, then dropped everything all at once to get it all released in the short 2 year time window before the license lapses again.

But yeah re price complaints: it's sad that SSC wasted so many license years on endless clones because had these figs gotten released 10+ years ago as they should have, they likely would have been $130-$190 and been close to the same quality in most cases (yes, probably crap bodies, and outfit tailoring not quite as good, though the costumes are fairly simple and/or rough anyway.) Because other than Evazan, none required the human-face apps that so visually separates figs from 15 years ago vs from today.

I'm not seeing the pretty much confirmed Nikto in the face area. The head to shoulder ratio is AWFUL if that's a Nikto.

Super quick admittedly not perfect photoshop job to highlight what I'm talking about. Color correct to see as much semblance of detail as I could. Red line is top and bottom of the average shoulder/neck line for the figures. Even with oversized headgear, something is funky. I'm not claiming to know what it is, but I'm just not committing to it being a definitive Nikto. Either way the proportions are confusing, even accounting for massively oversized headgear.

Attachments

• SSC.png
    SSC.png
    810.9 KB · Views: 0
Super quick admittedly not perfect photoshop job to highlight what I'm talking about. Color correct to see as much semblance of detail as I could. Red line is top and bottom of the average shoulder/neck line for the figures. Even with oversized headgear, something is funky. I'm not claiming to know what it is, but I'm just not committing to it being a definitive Nikto. Either way the proportions are confusing, even accounting for massively oversized headgear.
I sure hope you are right about Yakface. That'd be a day one PO for me. Such a memorable character design and I think the final Kenner figure produced...

Back