Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the link--preorders go up on September 30th, no word on pricing yet though they have a version without the lights.

I just read the specs on that link you posted. The lighting effects sound out of this world! :google That is some detail.

Screw Vader 1:1 and those other high end items. I really must get this.

The lighting doesn't just sound great, they look great:
serenity-07.jpg

I'm really really really hoping its around the $1500USD, because I think I can swing that, my fear, is thats its going to be more like $2500USD, and that is really going to hurt...

Well, the version without lighting should be significantly cheaper. But it would be ridiculous if it were $2,500 since the MR Falcon was much larger (with full lighting too) and was only $2,200.

But to me I'll do whatever it takes to get this, it's my holy grail, and limited to 500 so there's no way I'm missing out on this. Besides, we've got more than two months before orders go up and they will probably be offering a payment plan.

Anyone going to ask for some customization?

Shuttles docked?
Engines turned?
Reactor shutters closed?

I hope your right, in that the lighting version is under $2000, just had a look at the quicktime video's and how could one not want this all lit up.

Not sure about the customization's, pretty happy with how it looks now, other then my name on the builders plaque.

The timing really sucks tho, could have so done with this being next year, how long do ppl think it will take to sell out.

They've actually been showing the WIP updates on it for around a year so I've been expecting it for a while. For the customization I'd have the shuttles docked, reactor flaps open and the engines locked for flight. And I'd probably have Malcolm Reynolds listed as captain instead of myself so it's not tied to me. I don't think this will sell out too quickly just because it'll be so expensive, but I wouldn't expect it to make it past the year. Main thing right now is to get signed up on the list to get a low edition number, it's only limited to 500.

But anyways, this plus the Star Trek Enterprise replica are supposed to be on display at Sideshow's booth so we should get some more pics soon.

Well, the version without lighting should be significantly cheaper. But it would be ridiculous if it were $2,500 since the MR Falcon was much larger (with full lighting too) and was only $2,200.

But to me I'll do whatever it takes to get this, it's my holy grail, and limited to 500 so there's no way I'm missing out on this. Besides, we've got more than two months before orders go up and they will probably be offering a payment plan.

The Falcon was mass produced in China - this is being made by hand here in the US. I hoping against hope that it's not $2500 for the lighted version, but I'm not holding my breath. Remember the Cylon Raider was $1000 and was much, much, much simpler.

Well crap. I had no idea this thing could cost that much. Can anyone paint me in the direction of a model kit now lol. It will still be made in America at least :D

Oh ouch that price is going to hurt, good luck guys if you plan on getting.

I think this is my favorite scifi ship ever from the best scifi adventure show ever.

After talking to both Sideshow and the Quantum Mechanics people today, this sucker is going be expensive for the lighted version. Reading between the lines, and no price has been set yet, at LEAST $1000 and most likely $2000. No idea what the breakdown will be among the 500 (how many FX vs reg versions). But seeing it in person all lit up and shiny :drool Definitely worth it. But then shipping will cost an arm and a leg as well. I'm going to guess close to $2100 shipped. Glad I didn't buy some other stuff I was considering. This one will be my biggest and most expensive purchase to date.

Last edited:
Around $2000USD shipped for the light up version seriously puts it in my plans. I'd look at same sort of payment plan, to space things out a bit and better yet put it into next year, but still something to totally plan for.
Given the cyclon raider price, I never expected anything under $1500, but it still needs to be somewhat affordable, since really and ES of 500 isn't exactly small, especially given a fairly high price.

One things I'd like to know, if you or anyone gets the chance to ask, the photo's on the web site so far, are those incomplete final paint apps. Since compared to the eps and movie shots, the back end and engine pods do look rather different and in some ways, out of place compared to the front half of the ship.

Also, any parts actually move, can you turn the engine pods down, move the shuttles in and out of the dock and even fold their wings in and out.

So many questions, I'd love to see it in person and talk things over for 30mins.

No moving parts, it's not a toy. I assume it's proto paint and not a production piece but since they are each hand done, I don't think they'll look much different. What issues specifically do you have with the paint? It looks killer in person.

Well, compare the picture, the front half looks great compared to the film grab, but parts of the back section and engine pods look almost unpainted. Like the large pipes leading into the main engine and some of the armour plates on the engine pod.

To me it really looks like not all has been fully painted yet, but they needed something for SDCC, so put together what was all painted and stuck on some of the other bits that aren't yet, just to have a complete model.

Now that's OK, just want to confirm that is the case and it will all match the fantastic front half of the ship.

The paint is based off the actual color maps for the CG model--the CG model is much more reflective than the replica so the colors look a lot different with all the reflection than it does with just the color and that's why it looks kind of weird. But--just to point out, the photos that QMx has put up really aren't done very well, they should get a professional photographer to take some good product photos.

Back