Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it again today and I was going to ask about the rear paint but it really looks as good as the front. pictures don't do this one justice.

Hmm, guess I just need to see some better pic's, since based on the site ones, the plate on top of the engine pod and the ring of plates in front of it, just look so different and out of place compared to the front dome on the engine pod and I would have expected them to look much the same.

Hmm, guess I just need to see some better pic's, since based on the site ones, the plate on top of the engine pod and the ring of plates in front of it, just look so different and out of place compared to the front dome on the engine pod and I would have expected them to look much the same.

that curved dome is supposed to be that color, dark with some red and blue

yeah, I've been looking all over various pictures, both the model and episode/film shots. It seems this ship has had more face changes then Michael Jackson.
Between different lighting, etc plus I think actual changes (maybe repairs), many parts can look very different.
I'll just trust that the QMx guys know what they are doing and wait for some top quality pics from the show floor, anyone, please....

Thanks to Chuck at S&F, here's a way better pic:
3752561603_f3ed688468_o.jpg

Now that looks amazing.....

That pic is ok I suppose, but to be a broken record, it looks much better in person. I'm telling ya Browncoats, this one is damn near perfect. :banana

Lemme see if I have any pics.

EDIT: don't really have any that are better than what's already been posted. But here are some.
serenity1.jpg

dscn0523n.jpg

dscn0522j.jpg

dscn0524.jpg

serenity2q.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a question--on the reactor, it looks like the yellow lighting is kind of 'cloudy' ish, do the lights there change to make it look like it's sparkling or is it just a stationary cloudy pattern?

yellow reactor lighting doesn't change. the ring of white leds chase and the wing lights blink.

I bet his order is already in for number 1...

Even the detail inside the shuttle dock looks amazing.

So really, the only pain is waiting to hear the price, I'm not sure if the wait will kill me more then the actual price.

From the QMx website:

Another highlight of Serenity’s debut is the still-going outpouring of love in the form of the waiting list. In the first 24 hours the waiting list exceeded the edition size (it’s well beyond that now). We’ve already had two major collectibles distributors ask for variants. And the website has seen more traffic in the last 48 hours than in the last six months combined.

If the lighting package one ends up being around $1500, then say goodbye to that 500 ES.

I wonder, will they consider upping the ES if most of that wait list end up ordering or want to order.

I know its nice to have a limit on limited collectibles, but would it really matter to anyone if the ES went to say 1000, its still hand made and still amazing.

Mind you, one could end up waiting for 2 years for it too arrive.
They would have to put on new staff just to cover the Serenity orders, hoping that quality wouldn't suffer as a result.

BTW, SS, 12" and PF's, do you just think there maybe a market for them.

I better get one! :mad: :cool:
I think most will pass once they see the price.

I wonder what variants there could be? Battle damaged? Rever deco?

Last edited:
I better get one! :mad: :cool:
I think most will pass once they see the price.

I wonder what variants there could be? Battle damaged? Rever deco?

I think a number will pass once the price details are released, but it sounds like they have plenty in backup to fill the void.

My variant guess would be as much to do with a more simple, cheaper versions. Take what they have as a master, and combine many of the parts into single plastic bits and then do a standard paint job.
Other option may well be a full plastic kit that one can assemble and paint yourself, which would no doubt appeal to some.

If its a Rever re-working, then forget it, you ain't putting that ^^^^^ on my girl.

So, nothing much more to it then the long wait to hear pricing.

I noticed that on the QMx site. If nothing else it gives us all a good idea of the size, which I think is very nice, not too big, but not too small.

So really, its not knowing the price at the moment that is really killing me......

Back