1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to think about this one but the Kenner weapon is not worth an extra $58...the regular will be fine....

Even with our current poor exchange rate it looks like doesn't cost much more to order the Ex from Sideshow rather than the Regular locally (taking into account a $20 code and reward points earned).

In fact it's cheaper than most places here.

A new video from SS?

[video=youtube;KO5MBGbC9nI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=85114404&v=KO5MBGbC9nI&x-yt-ts=1422579428[/video]

Cool video. Sideshow has sure stepped up their marketing. Let's just hope X-Wing Luke comes out like the prototype. TIE Pilot I'm sure will be excellent, like the majority of SSC's armoured figs.

Not a bad video, but whomever produced it, and the stills shown previously, really needs a lesson in typography. The font selection is (still) absolutely atrocious. Brush script. WTFWTT.

Cool video. Sideshow has sure stepped up their marketing.

I love the '30s/'40s pulp styling!

It's a perfect match for Lucas' original intentions for the film.

Invictus Sol said:
Let's just hope X-Wing Luke comes out like the prototype. TIE Pilot I'm sure will be excellent, like the majority of SSC's armoured figs.

I fear for Luke...

15782523574_40ab6aa6cf_b.jpg

That sculpt can probably look decent with a little putty to fill the hair cracks and then a complete repaint. There's absolutely nothing about the paint on this guy that says this isn't a $25 toy. Check out that eye. Yuck.

It's so sad. So very, very sad.

It is sad to see potential opportunities wasted.

Wor-Gar said:
But if I get to cancel Hoth Han and Hoth Luke.... I will be strangely relieved.

I'm stuck with two Hans and a Luke because I was young an naïve and still Flexing orders instead of opting for full payment. :panic:

It could be goggles on and heads lowered for everyone...

:lol There is that option at least with these two. And that would look good. Cold weather gear.

The rub comes with the unhelmeted sculpts. I've had a headless Han Bespin and headless Luke Jedi waiting for almost as long as I've had these on order.

Might have to break out Luke's cloak and Han's breath mask.

And then lower their heads!

It's the first time I've noticed the seam in the hair. :thud:
There's absolutely nothing about the paint on this guy that says this isn't a $25 toy. Check out that eye. Yuck.
It's so sad. So very, very sad.

But if I get to cancel Hoth Han and Hoth Luke.... I will be strangely relieved.
The aggregate of these posts is what I'm feeling. I was going to mention the eye after Kuat posted... it's just ridiculous (and the beard... so GI JOE from the '80s). Like Pixel said about (I believe clone trooper Rex), it's very much Masters of the Universe level work going on here. Very, very poor.

In regards to cancelling, Wor-Gar, I originally had a Tauntaun, Luke and Han on pre-order (so glad I put them on full payment) and cancelled them all after a bit of reflection. That was assuming back then that they would turn out like the prototypes and long before our (Canadian) currency crash. After Drake, the clones, and Plisskin, I have no confidence at all that the $200.00 Luke/Han will look anywhere near as good as the prototype, let alone HT... Honestly I just don't get SSC's strategy. They should stick to aliens and armoured characters and forget about humans. I think in maybe 10 years they *might* be where HT is now. Maybe never.

Back