1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would probably mean pulling the head off the beast and ramming Luke down its neck! :lol

This is how I plan to display my Luke and Taun Taun. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422681327.894303.jpg
Back to the tie pilot though. If the humans really leave much to be desired I could see myself just switching to helmeted figures. It would make collecting much easier.

Honestly I just don't get SSC's strategy. They should stick to aliens and armoured characters and forget about humans. I think in maybe 10 years they *might* be where HT is now. Maybe never.

Back to the tie pilot though. If the humans really leave much to be desired I could see myself just switching to helmeted figures. It would make collecting much easier.

Sideshow's new marketing ploy could follow Polycell:

"No more unsightly heads. Free helmet with every order!
(Applies to every order apart from Bum Face Ponda Baba)".

[video=youtube;URCH2LzZsjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=URCH2LzZsjg&x-yt-cl=85114404&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I think in maybe 10 years they *might* be where HT is now. Maybe never.

I'm confident that should they choose to do so, they would be able to turn this around within the year. Not doing so implies to me there just isn't a desire to have a high-end looking finished product. It's all about the production facility and since this is contracted, it can be upgraded, orders can be moved to other facilities, etc. Maybe knock on ThreeZero's door, maybe make the relationship with Hot Toys even tighter. There are plenty of factories able to produce the level of quality to match their prototypes, judging by what other brands are producing. I'm not saying that as outsiders we have all the answers - for starters there's no way to know what hiccups exist in such a move, including whether a particular factory can deal with the volumes Sideshow requires. But as the customer, we can definitely say "not good enough."

There is hope.

SSC showed off their new Raynor figure, and the paint app on the head is very well done.

OHHn7jD.jpg

More images at their blog.

Just checked locally to order an extra, thanks to rapid drop in our dollar this is a $300 figure :(

I'm thinking we need an Aussie dollar drop thread (only partly joking - there is a lot of pain and re-evaluation going on here.):wink1:

I'm thinking we need an Aussie dollar drop thread (only partly joking - there is a lot of pain and re-evaluation going on here.):wink1:

Australian PM proposes radical solution to debt 'crisis' -

Oh hai kid.. have you considered 'donating' your lunch money?

I've been out of the loop on this figure. What are the chances of this figure going on sale? I really want a Tie Pilot but spending $200 on essentially a figure with a black jump suit is a little much.

This guy is now coupon eligible. Just used the LUCKYMARCH coupon and it worked (didn't a few days ago).

It's a great figure and in my "must have" list, but $240 shipped is steep. Hopefully he'll still be available after my stormtrooper points are activated, then with a coupon and my points he'll cost virtually nothing.

It's a great figure and in my "must have" list, but $240 shipped is steep. Hopefully he'll still be available after my stormtrooper points are activated, then with a coupon and my points he'll cost virtually nothing.

I don't think you can use points AND a coupon unfortunately.

Back