1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Keeping it vague with "4th Quarter 2015". They should have just gotten it over with and said "1st Quarter 2016". :lol

Ordered--hopefully the EX will still be around so I can cancel and reorder with a coupon but figured with no NRD I may as well grab one just in case.

NRD would be death on things like the two pilots.

I'm wondering if I should get the Luke Pilot and TIE pilot and call it a day with my Star Wars display?

I can't really give any advice as i have quite a few more 12" on my wish list before i can call it a day. Getting both luke and the Tie pilot wouldn't help me close that case :lol

Ordered. This might get me to order Luke too but for now I'm happy especially with my Kenner blaster :)

Was a bit on the fence with this but it came out way better than I expected. Ordered... yep, Kenner blaster was a factor in jumping in now. My Nien Nunb needs a pistol.:lol

Have to admit those make a cool duo. Right now I just have to believe that Sideshow is serious about taking this line to the next level and earning the $200/per they are charging for these figs. Otherwise back they will go. I think this years ComicCon will probably be the real proving ground for showing how the Hot Toys/Sideshow Star Wars line is going to blend together. There will probably be 10-12 HT prototypes, and SS will be unveiling its 2015 lineup (I think all the 1:6 SW figs that were shown at CC 2014 have now been solicited).

Have to admit those make a cool duo. Right now I just have to believe that Sideshow is serious about taking this line to the next level and earning the $200/per they are charging for these figs. Otherwise back they will go. I think this years ComicCon will probably be the real proving ground for showing how the Hot Toys/Sideshow Star Wars line is going to blend together. There will probably be 10-12 HT prototypes, and SS will be unveiling its 2015 lineup (I think all the 1:6 SW figs that were shown at CC 2014 have now been solicited).

I'm pretty confident in Sideshow's ability to deliver on this armored figure... for instance the Snowtrooper is easily one of their best and a great figure. The only thing they could reasonably mess up on this figure is a crappy base body.

I'm not at all confident with Luke, they have not been able to put out a single figure with a final headsculpt and paint that would justify a $240 price tag... and recently they've put out some real **** work in that regard.

So I'm definitely pre-ordering the exclusive for the Tie Pilot... but I will wait until Luke is in-hand before deciding on him and even then I'll be happy to find a used regular for a reasonable price than pay $240 for him.

I've put in a pre-order on the exclusive but am very lukewarm on it right now (no pun intended). With the EX Scout selling out quick and even the EX Echo Arc on waitlist I figure it's better to get the order in. But if I don't warm to it and the local price is much more competative (obviously without the Kenner pistol) I'll cancel.

I can see them droping the point they charge NRD's soon. With their figures pretty much all hitting the $200 mark I'm sure many like me are placing "wait and see" orders and they seem to be getting stuck with a lot more stock they need to discount or clear these days.

In for an exclusive. Its a ways off and I like how it looks. Plus I can always cancel later if I decide I don't want it.

Success! I ordered! I'll cancel and reorder with a coupon at some point, I'm sure. This figure just looks too good. I didn't care about it at all until seeing all the photos, but now if I only end up with troopers I'd be happy to have this guy next to the scout, storm, and snowtroopers. AT-AT driver I'm not sure of, but i'll cross that bridge later. Will probably cancel the shadow trooper now too.

Back