Premium Format Sideshow Sucker Punch BABYDOLL PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
128850724222531394.jpg
:wave
I'm cleaning my guns for the next person who doesn't agree with me

I knew it was BD before even clicking on the preview (that just showed a box of her face) when they first showed this, so I don't see how anyone could say the likeness isn't there. I would say that this one is slightly cartoony just going off the preview, but I think SS could make a better base, maybe a Samurai head? and maybe a switch out head?

:exactly: I have to agree with you 100%. I knew who it was right off the bat and I have only seen the movie one time, when it was first released on DVD. Both the GG statue and the HT figure look good but I think the PF really strikes me as a good representation of the character portrayed in the movie. Also can't forget that the PF is all action too. I am looking forward to the full reveal. :1-1:

Don't have enough money at the moment to buy stuff that i'm not in love with.

Perhaps, maybe, I will get the Hot Toys figures if I find them cheap. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pick them up for under $100 sooner than later, if not I can live without them. :(

:exactly: HT is renowned for their outrageously lifelike head sculpts and paint aps. SSC could not get close close to HT's standards in their wildest dreams. But the fact that HT uses articulated dollie bodies is a turnoff for me.

I would be all over the Hot Toys Baby Doll and Amber, IF they didn't have those bad articulation 'doll' bodies.

I don't understand what you mean by doll bodies... do you not collect HT or 1/6 scale figures at all??

:exactly: The key word is "fine". SSC' BD looks "fine" but far from "excellent" (which is what you would want it to look like considering the outrageous price tag)
HT's version looks far superior in term of realism and likeness...

Even though "art" is very subjective I believe we can objectively agree on these couple of points. :duff

Hot Toys is fine, not ecxellent IMO.

We can agree that we both have differing opinions regarding both BD's by HT & SSC and that art is subjective. :duff

I don't understand what you mean by doll bodies... do you not collect HT or 1/6 scale figures at all??

Well, I mean that when I look at HT Baby Doll, her wrists are ball joints where there is articulation, she has doll hair and I'm assuming a metal stand that attaches from the base to her body. To me, that is like a doll.

I do have 1/6 in my collection, but they are statues, i.e. mostly CS Moore, but I also have the 3 Aspen girls, Yamato Ritual and a few Bowens on pre-order (Storm, X-Force X-23). IMO, they are very different than Hot Toys because they attach to the base without a long metal stand behind them, none have doll hair, and none have ball joint articulations.

Do you see what I mean?

Ah Ok, I get it. You collect statues over the 12 inch figures/dolls? :)

LOL yeah. Well, I don't consider the HT dolls, I just think they're more 'doll like' than say a Moore or Sideshow statue. Nothing wrong with them, some of them are really awesome. I think Baby Doll looks great, and I love the Sweeney Todd and the 1989 Joker, but they're just not for me.

I get what you're saying. I'm trying to get away from HT too... doing pretty good at the moment but that will probably change soon. :lol

I think hot toys look great but there are several factors that make statues more appealing to me. The main reason is the size...I just find the 1/4 scale statues to just be a lot more epic and impressive. Hot toys have insane details but they are just a bit too unstable and fragile to me. They are pose-able but most are pretty fragile and rather stiff and can't really stand up without the stands. From what I have seen, most displays just have them standing there which is usually less dynamic than a posed statue anyway. The only hot toys I have purchased are the iron man mark VI and war machine and I just sold them so I can try and get the maquettes instead...just so much more epic. All this being said, I can understand why hot toys are so popular...so much detail and much cheaper if you want to keep collecting.

Yeah, I totally love how the Hot Toys come with various hands with different weapons, etc. But, I already have so many lines going, I totally don't need anymore, i.e. Sideshow PFs, a few LSBs, tiny selection of comiquettes, bishoujos, Sucker Punch GG statues, a few LOTR maquettes. Yikes, totally can't get into Hot Toys.

The one exception would be if they did a Hot Toys Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman from Batman Returns! :clap

I like both :)

I like 1/6 figures because of the cloth clothing and being able to pose them to my liking. I also like how some come with switch out pieces like arms or clothing. I like how they come with so many accessories so I can chose what I want them to hold. It's all about personal choice.

I like statues because when you do a pre pose it's perfect in it's one pose. Because it's static the artist can sculpt a lot of little details like wrinkles of the clothing and everything looks a bit more natural. I love the 1/4 pf line as it has such a presence. I only have one pf right now and I never cease to be amazed by it's presence.

Love statues like hot toys, I have been tempted with many just most of the ones I want are double or even triple the retail price, so I passed.

Love statues like hot toys, I have been tempted with many just most of the ones I want are double or even triple the retail price, so I passed.

Yup, same here! I now want that Hot Toys/Sideshow SDCC Iron Man Secret Project figure, and that is $100 more than the original asking price now. :pfft:

Back