Premium Format Sideshow Sucker Punch BABYDOLL PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If SSC ever does the rest of the girls, it will take at least 5 years to complete. I think I will only get this one and the GG SP as the set.

I don't know, the Turtles set came out pretty quick, as long as they keep selling out and people want the others I think they will push this set to keep the fans interested before they start becoming a cult classic.

The proto in the preview looks 100% flawless amazing, but i'm worried the production won't turn out as good :monkey2

The recent T1 PF looks spot on in in-hand pics compared to the preview images, and my last SSC statue the Cyborg Darth Maul is amazing, sculpt and paint, so i'm gonna try and not to... but the Rogue and Ultron results worry me for this.

Last edited:
Despite recent fubar's, I'm going to remain positive that Sideshow will deliver a fantastic piece. :D

Me too. Since they have shown that they CAN be successful with their production pieces, then I will take a chance. This is a piece I have been waiting for ever since I saw the movie so I won't hesitate to order it.

Besides, I hope we get as many orders in as possible in hopes that it will push SS to make more PFs in this line.

As others have said, if this doesn't sell out then what incentive does SS have to make the others?

Me too. Since they have shown that they CAN be successful with their production pieces, then I will take a chance. This is a piece I have been waiting for ever since I saw the movie so I won't hesitate to order it.

Besides, I hope we get as many orders in as possible in hopes that it will push SS to make more PFs in this line.

As others have said, if this doesn't sell out then what incentive does SS have to make the others?

Ditto. :D

I was lucky enough to snag a Gentle Giant Babydoll Japanese variant and I was hoping the Sideshow would do something with the SP license and I got my wish!

I can't wait to PO Babydoll and add her to my collection! :)

I'm betting females are alot harder to paint than males, they need to be more fine with the blush and lips(tick) than with a plain faced male.

Thinking about it I've only got 2 flesh-tone sideshow statues, both of them are "comic book style" proportions and exagerations (Emma Frost & X23), but both do have great paint work so that's reasurring.

Can't wait for the full reveal, this will be my third female statue, i don't know why but i'm getting into female collectibles, i'd love all the SP girls in HT & PR and would love a Mystique & Emma Frost from HT X-Men First Class. Black widow doesn't interest me though for some reason :lol

i agree. Personally i dont think just because Ultron or Rogue didnt live up to expectations doesnt mean SSC is going downhill. Ultron is ugly to begin with, a better paint job i dont think would help him much :) LoL. Rogue is a really nice piece. I know some didnt get the best paint work, but overall i love her sculpt. I dont own it but my local shop has her and ive looked at it numerous times wanting to pick it up. I think its a beautiful piece and i may someday pick one up :)

But i know im not as picky as some other collectors. Im not expecting these to be 100% perfect every time. I care more about getting the characters I love. And as long as its not physically broken im usually 100% happy :) Everything is hand made, its just tough to get them 100% perfect all the time.

well, its not just those 2. i think the arwen maquette, the faith "buffy" maquette had bad paint issues and they basically left out the second head on tons of the snake eyes statue. In general, the QC has gotten atrocious.

i have faith they will be ok. They have done hundreds of statues, having a 1/2 dozen or so that had some issues isnt that huge deal for me. i know it seems like the recent ones might be the ones having issues so it causes some concern but people & companies make mistakes, so u hope they learn from them. And like i said as everyone knows these are hand made, i never have expectations they will be 100% perfect every single one they produce. Some will have issues. SSC does a good job with customer service and usually will give replacements or refunds if needed. I know some wait a while for replacements parts, but sometimes i think customers aren't patient enough. Some companies could care less and not help out in any way, but for the amount of orders and demand and the type of products these are, i think SSC does an excellent job so ill give them some love :):1-1::dance

:goodpost:

As long as I'm happy with what I get from Sideshow, I'll continue to show them some love. :D

I agree with you Morphosis. SS has amazing CS. Even with products that aren't theirs like some recent HT products issues. Crooked "A" on Cap's helmet, dented abs, mis-aligned stars, speckled shields or like the ToyFairs Batman that had the broken ankles and dented obliques. As far as I know SS replaced just about everyone's that needed replaced.
:goodpost:

As long as I'm happy with what I get from Sideshow, I'll continue to show them some love. :D

Couldn't of said it better Snoop! SS has yet to let me down and all the times I've needed help, I've gotten amazing customer service. For that and many other reasons, SS will always have some love from me.

With that said, I'm pretty excited about this piece. I'm slowly getting into PFs and I think this will be an excellent piece to own in 1/4 scale

Final result for all the users who will order

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

gho3-117-b51a.jpg

Source: https://sideshow.com - modified by me

Back