Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same foot issue as ION, but as long as he is safely in the display case there should be no problem.

as for the cardboard, I could find no damage/flattening.

Thanks for the picture reference Scareb. It looks like yours is a lot further up than mine and sits more flat. Mine only really "sets" on the edge of the curved part of his foot. Just more has me worried cause his left foot doesn't fit entirely into the footprint.

I agree ambasah, as long as it can be displayed, I'm good. I jumped around my room a little bit and he does wobble some to the point where he could fall. I just.... can't jump around my office? lol .. and I should be good. Thanks guys!

Got my Sinestro yesterday! everything was perfect but the base...

it seems the lantern popped off the peg and was bouncing around breaking off the back, cracking the front as well as the energy in front of the lantern.

OK, I'm finally home and took more pics. I don't see an issue at that spot... it's just a VERY thin part, so it may look cracked/split, but it isn't, especially when viewed from the back side. But honestly, if you are going to be that picky, don't look to closely at the various glued base areas ;)

16717774862_162b22dbe0_b.jpg

16717770642_f8ab2b3526_h.jpg

16531306978_cbc1981c37_b.jpg

16692977216_3620bf11e4_b.jpg

To people that have the EX, can you quickly check your ex construct and tell me if this is a normal seam or a crack...

Here's mine's right foot. There is actually quite a bit of give, left and right, and front to back. Slight movement of the statue, along with slight movement of that part of the base.

16717780732_a74016fcc4_b.jpg

16718845615_774f3837a0_b.jpg

16718841465_34bcabf361_b.jpg

16717775131_09e1cab0a7_b.jpg

Thanks marvin!

I kinda sorta got the lantern positioned better, but it isn't really set too well. It's fine, I guess, as long as I don't move it.

Right Foot:
1621e0k.jpg

dyr6va.jpg

Left foot:
1zlq0bp.jpg

.. it isn't all the way down but that's as good as I'm getting it without damaging it I'm thinking.

Here's mine's right foot. There is actually quite a bit of give, left and right, and front to back. Slight movement of the statue, along with slight movement of that part of the base.

... what do you mean "slight movement of that part of the base" ... does the base move? I tried playing around with mine and can't get the base to move at all. If so, where at?

My right foot doesn't even come close to where you have yours. Yours is up a lot further than mine.

... what do you mean "slight movement of that part of the base" ... does the base move? I tried playing around with mine and can't get the base to move at all. If so, where at?

My right foot doesn't even come close to where you have yours. Yours is up a lot further than mine.

As you can see in my pics, the right foot position can change based on the VERY slight give of the base construct under the right food. I'm talking a mm or two, coupled with the give of the left foot peg, allowing the statue to SLIGHTLY rotate, resulting in the right foot being able to shift a tiny bit side to side.

None of this would help yours though... I couldn't get mine to be like yours if I tried. Sorry :(

OK, I'm finally home and took more pics. I don't see an issue at that spot... it's just a VERY thin part, so it may look cracked/split, but it isn't, especially when viewed from the back side. But honestly, if you are going to be that picky, don't look to closely at the various glued base areas ;)

Yeah, yours looks the same as mine. Actually, Sideshow sent me a replacement, and it is the same, too. I wasn't being picky...if it's "supposed" to be there, that's fine...I was just wondering if mine was broken.

As far as the base...yes, I noticed the glued parts...they don't look great, but there's nothing you can do about it. From a few feet back, you don't notice it.

Sinestro is the sleeper hit of the year for Sideshow, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the base...yes, I noticed the glued parts...they don't look great, but there's nothing you can do about it. From a few feet back, you don't notice it.

Sinestro is the sleeper hit of the year for Sideshow, in my opinion.

Totally agree.... the complexity of the base, and the clear areas, white areas, etc etc make the glued parts completely unnoticeable from any reasonable distance.

I absolutely love this statue! I'm so glad I pre-ordered it the moment it went up.

Nothing would make me happier than to see more lanterns added to the line. GL is one line that I would buy every piece out out.

Back