Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and also there were a bunch of collectors who didn't know who the character was. There's lots of collectors who don't read comics and just buy statues that get hyped.

This still blows my mind...why buy statues of Comic characters if you've never/don't read comics....it's like buying movie statues of movies you've only seen trailers to. What do you do when someone comes over and sees it? "Oh awesome, you like Sinestro? Huh? Big GL fan" "Um, no I just had an urge to buy a pink skinned alien clad in yellow and display him in my house."

This still blows my mind...why buy statues of Comic characters if you've never/don't read comics....it's like buying movie statues of movies you've only seen trailers to. What do you do when someone comes over and sees it? "Oh awesome, you like Sinestro? Huh? Big GL fan" "Um, no I just had an urge to buy a pink skinned alien clad in yellow and display him in my house."

There where a bunch of people that bought Lobo that said they've never heard of the character and just spent $580 plus shipping. I guess when everyone is hyped about a statue people don't want to feel left out that they may have passed on a potential grail.

There where a bunch of people that bought Lobo that said they've never heard of the character and just spent $580 plus shipping. I guess when everyone is hyped about a statue people don't want to feel left out that they may have passed on a potential grail.

:lol "It's nice and shiney, I'm told it's a grail, I have no idea what it is, but that's not important" :rotfl

Suprised this one hasn't been talked about more. Got my EX yesterday, really love it. Probably got two of the better products SS has put out in awhile (Saruman came also). Have a couple older 'grail' pieces coming in a week or so, will be interesting to compare/contrast. Really have no complaints over how they both came out. My base was flawless, very well executed over all. If I had to lodge one complaint it would be that the base seems a little too small for such a tall figure, especially with the paralax construct. Though I really prefer the EX symbol out of the three options.

I was nervous when this one showed up in a different/repackaged box though. Immediate thought was uh, oh, what return did they send me. If there was something wrong with it, they obviously swapped it out, as I have no issues.

Is there really people that buy these and know nothing of the characters??? That is strange. But I might not be the biggest fan or collect the comics but I know a little about the character and can still appreciate this awesome preice of art.

... I didn't buy this, but wouldn't blame anyone for buying. Kind of reminds me when I bought a 50 cent cd years ago and the ( insert stereotype) chick behind me in line literally asked me if I was buying the cd for myself. Yes a guy in business casual was buying a rap cd. :lol

Suprised this one hasn't been talked about more. Got my EX yesterday, really love it. Probably got two of the better products SS has put out in awhile (Saruman came also). Have a couple older 'grail' pieces coming in a week or so, will be interesting to compare/contrast. Really have no complaints over how they both came out. My base was flawless, very well executed over all. If I had to lodge one complaint it would be that the base seems a little too small for such a tall figure, especially with the paralax construct. Though I really prefer the EX symbol out of the three options.

I was nervous when this one showed up in a different/repackaged box though. Immediate thought was uh, oh, what return did they send me. If there was something wrong with it, they obviously swapped it out, as I have no issues.

I received my ex this week and had the opposite happen. My box also arrived repackaged with a regular outer brown box. My base, and regular construct hand are broken/cracked and the right foot definitely doesn't rest flatly on the base. It's a shame because it is a really cool statue. It also sucks because I feel like 50% of my statues since last year are arriving with broken pieces or some kind of defects. It's really making me think about my future purchases with sideshow.

I received my ex this week and had the opposite happen. My box also arrived repackaged with a regular outer brown box. My base, and regular construct hand are broken/cracked and the right foot definitely doesn't rest flatly on the base. It's a shame because it is a really cool statue. It also sucks because I feel like 50% of my statues since last year are arriving with broken pieces or some kind of defects. It's really making me think about my future purchases with sideshow.

I had the same exact issues with mine. Sideshow was great though and got me a new base and hand. Decided it does not go with my theme though after all that and have put him up for sale. If I had a GL PF I would not, but I don't. Good luck with yours.

I had the same exact issues with mine. Sideshow was great though and got me a new base and hand. Decided it does not go with my theme though after all that and have put him up for sale. If I had a GL PF I would not, but I don't. Good luck with yours.

Thanks, I think I'm going to send him back. Like you said, I also don't have the GL PF to match. So that combined with the issues he's got are finalizing my decision. Also, it was a lost opportunity to not include a light feature! I probably would've kept him in that case.

Thanks, I think I'm going to send him back. Like you said, I also don't have the GL PF to match. So that combined with the issues he's got are finalizing my decision. Also, it was a lost opportunity to not include a light feature! I probably would've kept him in that case.

I did some messing around with my base I smashed and it looks like adding light feature to it would not be hard at all and you could do it without modifying the statue. Just add a row of LEDs to the back and have them front firing and it would light up the whole thing great.

I did some messing around with my base I smashed and it looks like adding light feature to it would not be hard at all and you could do it without modifying the statue. Just add a row of LEDs to the back and have them front firing and it would light up the whole thing great.

Hmm... now you're making me think twice about this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436705058.663338.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436705087.202760.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436705106.676178.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436705125.499622.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436705142.086555.jpg

Nice man, looks like a cool LCS.
Thanks Marker. Im fortunate to have them. Its cool to be able to go in and see alot of different old and new pieces. They have a robust trade culture so all sorts of pieces are constantly coming through. I was surprised to see an x23 there this week

Nah. I already have him. I took the pic cuz the shelf included the dc direct museum piece. They do markup and check ebay sold results to keep their prices in line with market

Back