Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took some tonight... it will take some arrows and rulers to demonstrate... but basically it is leaning slightly forward due to looseness of the peg in the base. Of course even a few millimeters at the foot translates to noticeable lean by the time you look at the head and hand saw. Especially when looking at it on top of a Detolf.

I'm hoping some clear museum wax/putty under certain parts of both feet will help as I have no interest in getting rid of one of my favorite pieces. :)

What a coincidence - I was doing a double take on Sinestro last week and I thought the same thing about the leaning issue. I have him facing GL's right side and noticed Sinestro was leaning more to his left (maybe closer than GL wants):wink1: In fact, I debated on calling SSC about it and just noticed that it is completely sold out on website...so unsure if they would send a replacement. So as a temporary fix - I placed additional felt tip pads on the left base to counteract the lean. My real worry is that you can simply tap (with some force) on the right side and Sinestro can topple to his...:thud: before the additional felt pads.

Curious to see your pics as well SDguy.

OK, I'll try my best to explain the issue. Let me know if you have questions...

Basically, Sinestro has a tiny bit of side to side wiggle room on his base (not tilting side to side, but turning side to side). The problem is if he shifts more to his left (which he naturally wants to do due to the shape of the base and how his feet rest on it) then he tilts forward slightly.

Let me try to explain with pictures....

Notice exactly where the tips of his feet are relative to the little yellow construct "spikes" in front of them. It's especially noticeable when looking at the right foot. It's slight, so I'm showing the pics together for comparison:

Shifted to his left:
19721260123_458dcc0d67_b.jpg

Shifted to his right:
20155584079_eb45495ccc_b.jpg

And here is his left heel, when shifted to his left:
20154184880_49f28c6164_b.jpg

and when shifted to his right:
20154206778_d85f29fc6d_b.jpg

As I said, it's slight tilt, but is obvious and magnified by the time you get up to his head and then the saw blade.

I'm thinking two options. Tilt the whole base slightly back as 4renzy is suggesting. Or, keep him shifted to his right on the base by strategically placing some small dabs of museum putty under his feet, especially his right foot and tip of his left foot.

Thoughts are appreciated!

Well, SS was very nice, and offered a full refund if I return it. Not my favorite option, since I love the piece. I'm going to try elevating the front on the base, to take the pressure off the yellow resin behind the left leg peg. Hopefully that will stop the leaning from progressing.... thoughts?

Here are the pics I ended up sending SS of the whole statue...

20543115412_7d56bc0261_b.jpg

20543120792_68399e3bdf_b.jpg

Sad to hear about that SDguy. Yeah I have been closely watching mine & think i might have to give SS a call.

I'd also suggest limiting use of the buzz saw EX, SDguy. ;)

It's amazing how a little shift can influence the lean so much. If you try and tilt the front of the base to compensate, just be sure it's stable. Maybe a very low angle wedge of some kind.

I'd also suggest limiting use of the buzz saw EX, SDguy. ;)

It's amazing how a little shift can influence the lean so much. If you try and tilt the front of the base to compensate, just be sure it's stable. Maybe a very low angle wedge of some kind.

Saw is not the EX, but that is a shame to see. He may need to drill out the hole and add a metal sleeve so the peg does not go directly into the plastic.

Thanks for any tips guys... it is a shame, and I'm willing to work on this to get it stable... I don't want to return it.

Thanks for any tips guys... it is a shame, and I'm willing to work on this to get it stable... I don't want to return it.
I did not have mine displayed long enough to see anything like this, but I have seen it with the polystone stuff even. SS should be doing metal sleeves to prevent this kind of thing.

I did not have mine displayed long enough to see anything like this, but I have seen it with the polystone stuff even. SS should be doing metal sleeves to prevent this kind of thing.

My concern is the pressure the leg peg is putting on the clear/yellow resin. I'm worried that resin (whatever it is) will crack behind the peg one day and the entire statue will be in pieces on my floor.

Saw is not the EX, but that is a shame to see. He may need to drill out the hole and add a metal sleeve so the peg does not go directly into the plastic.

Oh man. I keep forgetting it's the Sinestro Corps symbol. :slap

The metal sleeve sounds like an excellent idea. I wonder if the clear resin choice for the base influenced its omission.

My concern is the pressure the leg peg is putting on the clear/yellow resin. I'm worried that resin (whatever it is) will crack behind the peg one day and the entire statue will be in pieces on my floor.

I share the same concern. Speaking for myself (and maybe others), a custom base might be something to consider down the line. Sinestro's isn't as sturdy as Hal's. I'd feel safer with a wider base anyway as tall as Sinestro is.

Oh no!!!! you guys are scaring me now :/

I'm getting the Ex soon (still in the mail), and now I'm getting worried.

So do you think a little bumper under the base in the front would solve this issue?

Oh no!!!! you guys are scaring me now :/

I'm getting the Ex soon (still in the mail), and now I'm getting worried.

So do you think a little bumper under the base in the front would solve this issue?
It should. I take it you are planning on using the saw? I wouldn't think the EX hand will have the same effect as it is much lighter.

Picked up a green lantern Sinestro yesterday. This thing is absolutely amazing in person imo. Extremely happy with it.

Would have been nice if it would light up though lol. Oh well.

Picked up a green lantern Sinestro yesterday. This thing is absolutely amazing in person imo. Extremely happy with it.

Would have been nice if it would light up though lol. Oh well.

Mine should be shipping soon. I am very excited about it. I didn't get the yellow version but jumped at the GL version.

Not that hard to add lighting, the base responds well to backlight.

Thanks, I'll look into that this weekend.

Mine should be shipping soon. I am very excited about it. I didn't get the yellow version but jumped at the GL version.

I think you'll really like it a lot more once you see it in person. I plan on getting the sinestro corps as well, but with a total of only 350 I wanted to make sure I got the gl version first while it is still fairly new and the price hasn't hiked drastically.

Thanks, I'll look into that this weekend.

I think you'll really like it a lot more once you see it in person. I plan on getting the sinestro corps as well, but with a total of only 350 I wanted to make sure I got the gl version first while it is still fairly new and the price hasn't hiked drastically.

I had the same thought with only 350 in the run. I just got my email that it will be here on Friday!

Back