SKAAR, Son of Hulk, 1/4 scale!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure the moisture on baby wipes is ok? They seem a bit too wet and I don't know what they put in them. Water seems to be safer if very lightly on a damp cloth or napkin.

They are slightly damp. You want something soft. Another product is the rags intended to clean screens for hdtv or glasses. They are designed to prevent scratching. Just pick something and go with it. Its not rocket science. Leaving dust on a statue will damage it long term.

Ahhh the first statue that I got from SS....well from a 2nd party, but still. Once I got him in hand the addiction was on.

I own a bunch of SSC pieces. This one runs with the very best of them. From the sculpt to the paints apps and the quality put into making it, I can honestly say I was blown away when I unboxed him. This is what a $380 statue should look and feel like. I only hope we see more of this quality in future SSC releases.

I own a bunch of SSC pieces. This one runs with the very best of them. From the sculpt to the paints apps and the quality put into making it, I can honestly say I was blown away when I unboxed him. This is what a $380 statue should look and feel like. I only hope we see more of this quality in future SSC releases.

Imagine how much more love we would have given the Rhino Comi' if would have come with those quality...Nooooo! All we get is an overpriced paper weight. The first major let down of 2013...:monkey2

Imagine how much more love we would have given the Rhino Comi' if would have come with those quality...Nooooo! All we get is an overpriced paper weight. The first major let down of 2013...:monkey2

Yeah IL, I couldn't agree more. My fear is that Skaar will be the last great quality piece we will see from SSC. The Hulk Maquette and Rhino Com seem to be the way of the future. I know that all of their future releases can't be solid but come on...a 20 lbs 1/4 scale Hulk and Rhino? :cuckoo:

Yeah IL, I couldn't agree more. My fear is that Skaar will be the last great quality piece we will see from SSC. The Hulk Maquette and Rhino Com seem to be the way of the future. I know that all of their future releases can't be solid but come on...a 20 lbs 1/4 scale Hulk and Rhino? :cuckoo:

Yep, I just remember thinking when I seen the box. Get ready to lift something heavy! You that feeling? Then when you lift it and you almost toss it in the air because of the flyweight. Talk about fooling the minds eye...:(

Mine was 600.00 so at least he didn't feel hollow. :clap

I agree I have that same fear as well that Skaar will be the last quality piece. Back in the day we were getting awesome quality pieces all the time, but not much anymore. The only thing that's increased is the prices, but unfortunately the quality has decreased. If Juggernaut and Apocalypse land up being cheaply made then I might just have to call it quits with Sideshow entirely and just enjoy the great pieces that I bought in the past when Sideshow was in it's prime.

I think the quality varies with SS these days. Before Skaar's release there were a fair amount of other pieces that lacked quality. It's just hit or miss nowadays.

I agree I have that same fear as well that Skaar will be the last quality piece. Back in the day we were getting awesome quality pieces all the time, but not much anymore. The only thing that's increased is the prices, but unfortunately the quality has decreased. If Juggernaut and Apocalypse land up being cheaply made then I might just have to call it quits with Sideshow entirely and just enjoy the great pieces that I bought in the past when Sideshow was in it's prime.

You can include Deadpool for me. If these come cheaply (especially Apocalypse) made you can bet your bottom dollar I'm out the door with this hobby. I pretty much already have one and half foot out the door.

Last edited:
I know some on here had QC issues but my Hawkeye PF reminded me of the old school SS pieces. I'll never stop collecting though, worse case scenario I'll just send it back & get my money back

I was tempted by Skaar but there's more important characters I want before him. There's no denying he's an awesome piece though

Back