SKAAR, Son of Hulk, 1/4 scale!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you mean the moisture packets?

I seen some people use that clear wrap for their collectible transformers boxes to keep it safe. It looks like that clear wrap bought at a local supermarket made for wrapong up food and sandwiches. The ones that come in that clear roll. I wonder would that trap moisture inside of them? Btw on a side note my statues seems to have some dust stuck that a brush is not getting all of it out. Can I use a damp napkin to wipe off the remaining layer of dusts? It works great on the base. Its wet but very light.

I seen some people use that clear wrap for their collectible transformers boxes to keep it safe. It looks like that clear wrap bought at a local supermarket made for wrapong up food and sandwiches. The ones that come in that clear roll. I wonder would that trap moisture inside of them?

I don't think it would unless the wrap was wet.. wait do you mean wrapping the statues up? :lol

Last edited:
I seen some people use that clear wrap for their collectible transformers boxes to keep it safe. It looks like that clear wrap bought at a local supermarket made for wrapong up food and sandwiches. The ones that come in that clear roll. I wonder would that trap moisture inside of them? Btw on a side note my statues seems to have some dust stuck that a brush is not getting all of it out. Can I use a damp napkin to wipe off the remaining layer of dusts? It works great on the base. Its wet but very light.

Yeah, just don't let the statue get soaked. You might also use the compressed air cans

Yeah, just don't let the statue get soaked. You might also use the compressed air cans

Thanks I just spent 2 hrs wiping most of them down. I used a very light damp towel barely wet but enpught to collect the heavy dust areas out. I wipe the surrounding areas like the floor, walls, tv table etc. I'm so glad you all told me to do this. :1-1: otherwise it will be too late later on down the road. Thanks again! Wrapping statues I won't do it. It won't work because of the fragile points etc. I was brain storming to see what else is there to custom. Something simple not pricey and fast.

I occasionally use baby wipes. No issues. They are soft too so it won't scratch the statue.

I occasionally use baby wipes. No issues. They are soft too so it won't scratch the statue.

Are you sure the moisture on baby wipes is ok? They seem a bit too wet and I don't know what they put in them. Water seems to be safer if very lightly on a damp cloth or napkin.

... I was brain storming to see what else is there to custom. Something simple not pricey and fast.

Didn't like my idea for the window winterizing kit? Seriously, I think it could work, for a temporary solution. I put it on my gas fireplace hearth that I never use, and you can hardly tell it is there.

Didn't like my idea for the window winterizing kit? Seriously, I think it could work, for a temporary solution. I put it on my gas fireplace hearth that I never use, and you can hardly tell it is there.

Was there a link or pics? I didn't remember seeing them?

I didn't include a link or pics. Just a post a few pages back. Anyway, these are kits that you get to seal drafts on your windows. Comes in large plastic sheets. You tape (double sided) the sheet to the edges, apply a little heat with a hair dryer and it shrinks to a tight stretch. Not an ideal display, but if you wnat something quick and temporary.... I would think it would be better than individually saran wrap each statue.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/3M-Insulator-1-Patio-9-3-Foot-2144W-6/dp/B0000CBJ80/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359395859&sr=8-3&keywords=window+winterizing+kit[/ame]

Back