Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Ray this has to be one of my favorite shots. Reminds me of when she just finshed her costume and was standing in front of the broken neon sign.

16h2pi1.png

Glad she made it to you safely as well. Looks great! :peace

Wow, look so awesome back on the body. congratulations on a beautiful piece of pop art.
It starting to get hard to believe these are all 1/6 figure heads if I hadn't see one my self in hand .
When I show my artist friends the pics here they all think there 1:1 or a real picture of the actor/actress at first. After I tell them they are 12" figure heads they just look blown away and confused on how you get so much paint detail on a sculpt so small in scale.
I tell them that it takes a real practiced zen master to pull off such a feet and Josh is definitely one of those masters.
Always love to see what you've got in store on the painting self, keep up the brilliant work dude, looking forward to all your summer paint ups!

P1130985.jpg

P1130982.jpg

P1130977.jpg

P1140044.jpg

P1140045.jpg

P1140052.jpg

P1130974.jpg

I backed up and zoomed in on this last one to eliminate any lens distortion. Although it's a bit grainy due to the zooming, the proportions are the closest to the in-hand look.
Honestly, how anyone could suggest this isn't the most accurate sculpt of this character to date is beyond me.

That the paint-job is off the charts goes without saying of course.

Now the long wait for Hot Toys to release an official figure for me to stick this head on...

A few more pics here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3507225#post3507225 :peace

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again: That paint job of the Nicholson Joker is beautiful. I can't wait for Josh to paint mine up!

Man, that looks good. My unpainted sculpt has been sitting on the shelf since I got it. I need to paint this. Great work, Josh.

That Catwoman is outstanding!!! I thought that pic was one of Michele Phifer!!!!

That Joker looks good too but I'm still seeing a little Brent Spiner in the pics of that sculpt. I'm sure it looks great in hand. Sorry, but that's what I'm seeing.

That Catwoman is outstanding!!! I thought that pic was one of Michele Phifer!!!!

That Joker looks good too but I'm still seeing a little Brent Spiner in the pics of that sculpt. I'm sure it looks great in hand. Sorry, but that's what I'm seeing.

I posted this picture with you in mind:

P1130974.jpg

All the others (including Josh's pic) make the nose look bigger than it really is. And I think that's partly where you are getting Brent Spiner.

I mean, I guess I see him in there a little, but again anyone who would seriously suggest this isn't the most accurate sculpt of this character to date has some kind of an agenda.

Last edited:

... but again anyone who would seriously suggest this isn't the most accurate sculpt of this character to date has an agenda.

I agree, very nice representation. I am looking forward to seeing what Hot Toys does, as the only thing that bugs me with this one is the lack of skin texture. Minor, minor gripe of an otherwise extremely beautiful and professional looking sculpt.

I think Josh nicely compensated for the lack of texture in the freckling effect he did with it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is incredible and very much captures Nicholson and the Joker. Fantastic sculpt and of course his paint on it just enhances it.

Where is Mcclaneeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Willis will be coming down the pipe line soon. Still painting him up i just won't be bashing him. :yess:

Also thanks for the continued feedback on the Joker and Catwoman sculpts. I honestly can't get over those photos posted. They look great! I will be posting updates in the next few days. :panic:

Willis will be coming down the pipe line soon. Still painting him up i just won't be bashing him. :yess:

Also thanks for the continued feedback on the Joker and Catwoman sculpts. I honestly can't get over those photos posted. They look great! I will be posting updates in the next few days. :panic:

Glad to hear we'll still get to see your paint on that Willis sculpt :yess: Every time I see you post in this thread, my heart leaps in anticipation of an update :panic:

Same here. When I saw your Willis on the for sale thread, I thought it would be while before we get to see you paint one. Whew.

I posted this picture with you in mind:

P1130974.jpg

All the others (including Josh's pic) make the nose look bigger than it really is. And I think that's partly where you are getting Brent Spiner.

I mean, I guess I see him in there a little, but again anyone who would seriously suggest this isn't the most accurate sculpt of this character to date has some kind of an agenda.

Just making a comment bro...no secret agenda. I don't even know who sculpted it :huh

The paint job is superb on it though!

I would seriously have to hold both FML's sculpt & this one in hand to really say which is the most accurate tbh...Pics can accentuate positives & negatives in a sculpt.

Just making a comment bro...no secret agenda. I don't even know who sculpted it :huh

The paint job is superb on it though!

I would seriously have to hold both FML's sculpt & this one in hand to really say which is the most accurate tbh...Pics can accentuate positives & negatives in a sculpt.

I own both FML's and imaresqd1's. I don't mean any disrespect to FML but Adam's is just leaps forward in likeness and to be honest it wasn't difficult to see that big difference in pictures before confirming it in person. They are both excellent sculpts but the anatomy on imaresqd1's is just incredible. Even FML showed interest in buying one from Adam. (I don't know if he did at the end).
Let's just say that FML's strongest talent is painting while Adam's is sculpting. ;)

Back