Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

I own both FML's and imaresqd1's. I don't mean any disrespect to FML but Adam's is just leaps forward in likeness and to be honest it wasn't difficult to see that big difference in pictures before confirming it in person. They are both excellent sculpts but the anatomy on imaresqd1's is just incredible. Even FML showed interest in buying one from Adam. (I don't know if he did at the end).
Let's just say that FML's strongest talent is painting while Adam's is sculpting. ;)

Well said Ed - and a pleasure to meet you today :1-1:

I own both FML's and imaresqd1's. I don't mean any disrespect to FML but Adam's is just leaps forward in likeness and to be honest it wasn't difficult to see that big difference in pictures before confirming it in person. They are both excellent sculpts but the anatomy on imaresqd1's is just incredible. Even FML showed interest in buying one from Adam. (I don't know if he did at the end).
Let's just say that FML's strongest talent is painting while Adam's is sculpting. ;)

It definitely looks like a cleaner sculpt, if you know what I mean. I'm speaking specifically about likeness. FML's sculpt never resembled anyone but JN to me. It may not have been 100% accurate to the likeness but when I saw it, I immediately saw JN in it.

This sculpt (and this is no disrespect to imareqd1, as I don't know the guy) immediately said Jack Nicholson/Brent Spinner when I saw it. This type of thing is so subjective. Like Maglor said, its probably the nose. But like I said, pics accentuate both positives and negatives so I'm sure certain things like the nose don't stand out as much when the sculpt is in your hand and is 10Xs smaller than the monitor pics.

Sorry for jacking your thread Josh :1-1::peace

Here, lets get this back on track:

Josh, where's the new pics of all the new stuff?!?!!? :yess::lol

It definitely looks like a cleaner sculpt, if you know what I mean. I'm speaking specifically about likeness. FML's sculpt never resembled anyone but JN to me. It may not have been 100% accurate to the likeness but when I saw it, I immediately saw JN in it.

This sculpt (and this is no disrespect to imareqd1, as I don't know the guy) immediately said Jack Nicholson/Brent Spinner when I saw it. This type of thing is so subjective. Like Maglor said, its probably the nose. But like I said, pics accentuate both positives and negatives so I'm sure certain things like the nose don't stand out as much when the sculpt is in your hand and is 10Xs smaller than the monitor pics.

Sorry for jacking your thread Josh :1-1::peace

Here, lets get this back on track:

Josh, where's the new pics of all the new stuff?!?!!? :yess::lol

Things are brewing. :monkey3

Glad to hear we'll still get to see your paint on that Willis sculpt :yess: Every time I see you post in this thread, my heart leaps in anticipation of an update :panic:

Get in line Marf! :nana:

I've been waiting for my Indy for a looooooooooooong time. :impatient: :gah:

:1-1:

Would love to see a side-by-side comparison pic. :)

The latest on the chopping block. Sideshow ANH Luke Skywalker.

Good ol Before Shot

2448iky.png

Good ol After Shots

sgu492.png

2mwh44n.png

Good lord. It's hard to believe that's even the same head...

Great sculpt + great paint = WIN

Awesome work Josh!

Back