Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

1247mep.png

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

:monkey3

come on man! :rotfl

Looks amazing so far, Josh. Is that your own personal BW sculpt, or for a boardie?

29e2ntl.png

212ions.png

2pos0zr.png

9zt7yu.png

Wrapped up on Adam's Bale sculpt. The best Bale likeness out there imo. I have painted a few of Adam's sculpts and the paint takes to them effortlessly. Can't wait until his Two Face is revealed. This one is for someone here on the board for those of you who were asking. All the sculpts that i show are never for myself. In fact i don't even own any of my painted sculpts:lol

29e2ntl.png

212ions.png

2pos0zr.png

9zt7yu.png

Wrapped up on Adam's Bale sculpt. The best Bale likeness out there imo. I have painted a few of Adam's sculpts and the paint takes to them effortlessly. Can't wait until his Two Face is revealed. This one is for someone here on the board for those of you who were asking. All the sculpts that i show are never for myself. In fact i don't even own any of my painted sculpts:lol

Fantastic paint job man! Maybe a bit darker on the dark on certain spots of the eyebrows, but other than that, incredible work!

Fantastic paint job man! Maybe a bit darker on the dark on certain spots of the eyebrows, but other than that, incredible work!

Thanks Adam. Its funny you mentioned that because after i had posted those shots i noticed that as well. In person it looks pretty close to his real brows. The lighting always throws off the natural colors of my paint. However to be on the safe side i did go back and add some darker areas. :lol Great work again on this one. :yess:

coming from the sculptor himself, that must meant a lot! This is the only paintjob that Adam commented on :panic:

Looks fantastic, Josh! Cant wait to see the repainted brows! And I know its probably the lighting, but I cant help to notice that the lips and the eyes are a bit boldish red and also the tip of the nose are a pinkish?

coming from the sculptor himself, that must meant a lot! This is the only paintjob that Adam commented on :panic:

Looks fantastic, Josh! Cant wait to see the repainted brows! And I know its probably the lighting, but I cant help to notice that the lips and the eyes are a bit boldish red and also the tip of the nose are a pinkish?

I'd like to see more paint ups by other artists as well, so far this is the only one I've seen.

I'd like to see more paint ups by other artists as well, so far this is the only one I've seen.

This is Josh's thread, so Id rather not post any pics, but there are a few painted heads by various artists if you go to the original bale head thread, Adam.

I hope you dont mind me posting the original photo which the Adam used as a reference to sculpt the Bale head, Josh:wave. Bale's lips looks paler and the the nose looks pale here:

christian-bale-batman.jpg

This is Josh's thread, so Id rather not post any pics, but there are a few painted heads by various artists if you go to the original bale head thread, Adam.

I hope you dont mind me posting the original photo which the Adam used as a reference to sculpt the Bale head, Josh:wave. Bale's lips looks paler and the the nose looks pale here:

christian-bale-batman.jpg

No i don't mind at all in fact I used that pic as a reference among others. That is one photo of Bale in a brightly lit room. His skin tones are going to look more pale in that shot. Here is another pic i used.
30jptlu.jpg

I like to go off of several photos when i do my paint applications
As you can see his nose is a bit more pinkish in tone here. The color of his lips in person match that almost perfectly. Digital photos are always going to throw the color off slightly. No way around it unfortunately. I just wish i could find some way to get a true reading every time i take photos. :lol

No i don't mind at all in fact I used that pic as a reference among others. That is one photo of Bale in a brightly lit room. His skin tones are going to look more pale in that shot. Here is another pic i used.
30jptlu.jpg

I like to go off of several photos when i do my paint applications
As you can see his nose is a bit more pinkish in tone here. The color of his lips in person match that almost perfectly. Digital photos are always going to throw the color off slightly. No way around it unfortunately. I just wish i could find some way to get a true reading every time. :lol

Awesome :rock

I hope to see it in person soon :monkey3:lol

Can't wait to see more of your work buddy!!!!

Hope

Back