Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

i just painted my first head sculpt and i used your thread specifically for the skin tone detail...and man....how do u do it?...lol...all your paints apps are awesome....what kind of brushes do u use for the minute details....like the feathering of the eyebrows and such?

No brush at all... :wink1:

image.php

king...what is the name of that tool?

a magic wand

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

:hi5:

If you see one of Joshs paints in hand, you will know what I mean. No matter how good the cam, or how much he zooms into, you will never get in a pic what this guy is able to do with a brush. There are NO flaws, everything blends in perfectly. They are indeed kind of magical.
If I had the money I would ask Josh to paint all my heads... :bow

I'm intrigued as well, thanks for the reply Smalls. :rock

not too intrigued by this though -->

Something a bit different then the usual 1:6 sculpt. Heres is Carl from the Disney Pixar movie UP. Not sure if Hot Toys did the factory paint but if so it wasn't one of their better jobs. I enjoyed the movie so this one was pretty fun to repaint. Enjoy:wave

Before

25yvedh.png

After

izoz13.png

20j5m3p.png

3329p4k.png

Last edited:

quite cool! much better and more with the source material! awesome!

Wow, I would think painting up a CGI character might be tricky, but that looks amazing! Bravo Josh :clap

Wow, I would think painting up a CGI character might be tricky, but that looks amazing! Bravo Josh :clap

Thanks Marf. You're actually right it was a bit more challenging because of the CG rendring on the skin.

Here is a comparison shot.

160dc1f.png

The skin tone effect i used isn't as noticable in person as in the pic so it matches the CGI reference shot alittle better. I also decided not to go with the doll dot when i painted the eyes.

I also decided not to go with the doll dot when i painted the eyes.

Good call. Even though it's true to the source, a dot would insult the realism of your amazing eye paint up. It seriously looks like Carl pulled an "Indian in the Cupboard."

Back