Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

I think it looks great buddy! It is such a great piece to paint I have about 4 to paint of these now! You knocked it out the park awesome work :)

I think it looks great buddy! It is such a great piece to paint I have about 4 to paint of these now! You knocked it out the park awesome work :)

Thanks i saw your work on the one you just posted. Looks great. Your skin tone blending is coming along nicely. Don't get Baled out you may start seeing him in your sleep :lol

Thanks i saw your work on the one you just posted. Looks great. Your skin tone blending is coming along nicely. Don't get Baled out you may start seeing him in your sleep :lol

Thank you josh means a lot buddy. Hopefully I won't get to many of them otherwise I'll bale out lol

Ok here is one last shot i took with a more true to life reading. I also went back and added some dark areas to the eyebrows.

2vbx5kn.png

Always appreciate the comments and feedback.

Last edited:

29e2ntl.png

212ions.png

2pos0zr.png

9zt7yu.png

Wrapped up on Adam's Bale sculpt. The best Bale likeness out there imo. I have painted a few of Adam's sculpts and the paint takes to them effortlessly. Can't wait until his Two Face is revealed. This one is for someone here on the board for those of you who were asking. All the sculpts that i show are never for myself. In fact i don't even own any of my painted sculpts:lol

Incredible! That's one of your best paint jobs imo. It makes me nervous to paint Adam's sculpt now.

I'd love to see a collage of the ANH Obi Wan's you've painted over the years, I remember going through your thread a year ago and you've painted obi Wan 6-10 times and each one was painted differently. I think it's really fascinating and I'd love to see them all together (especially the first one you did a few years ago when you first started painting, it shows how far you've improved).

Incredible! That's one of your best paint jobs imo. It makes me nervous to paint Adam's sculpt now.

I'd love to see a collage of the ANH Obi Wan's you've painted over the years, I remember going through your thread a year ago and you've painted obi Wan 6-10 times and each one was painted differently. I think it's really fascinating and I'd love to see them all together (especially the first one you did a few years ago when you first started painting, it shows how far you've improved).

Thanks I appreciate it. I have definitely progressed since the beginning. I have picked up alot of new tricks along the way thats for sure. Most of the time i just try out new things with the paint and if it works it works then i try and duplicate it the next time around.

Oh _____*! Oh _____*! Oh _____*!

Adam sculpt, Josh paint!!! :panic:

Simply the best combo... Ah man I cannot wait to send you mine. :rock

BTW: did you get my last PM? do you want me to come back to you regulary and get on your nerves or will you come back to me when you are ready? :lol

The sideshot is just epic. :bow :bow :bow

Once again you have proven who is the best painter on the board. I know, its no competition and there are so many great painters, but IF there was a competition there wont be any competition if this makes any sence. :rock :lol

Oh _____*! Oh _____*! Oh _____*!

Adam sculpt, Josh paint!!! :panic:

Simply the best combo... Ah man I cannot wait to send you mine. :rock

BTW: did you get my last PM? do you want me to come back to you regulary and get on your nerves or will you come back to me when you are ready? :lol

Thanks for the comment. Oh and not sure about the last PM shoot it over again. :lol

OMG... I just went to see the first pages of this thread and while your paint jobs from 2008 are great, there is no comparison between your work from 3 years ago to now. You have advanced immensely in your craft! Practice makes perfect and that is what your work is.:clap

these paint jobs get better and better. shot ya my PM again for Agent K! :panic:

i just painted my first head sculpt and i used your thread specifically for the skin tone detail...and man....how do u do it?...lol...all your paints apps are awesome....what kind of brushes do u use for the minute details....like the feathering of the eyebrows and such?

i just painted my first head sculpt and i used your thread specifically for the skin tone detail...and man....how do u do it?...lol...all your paints apps are awesome....what kind of brushes do u use for the minute details....like the feathering of the eyebrows and such?

No brush at all... :wink1:

image.php

Back