Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope you guys contradicted yourself then tried to backpedal, again read the above conversation, it's pretty much all there. :wave

Where exactly did I contradict myself and where is the backpedal? :dunno Here is all my posts stating the same thing over and over. I literally just explained why I said pretty much. Thats not backpedaling thats clarification for you.

Well, the last couple pages have been intersting. I would say just because you buy a Snake Eyes dio, statue, or PF (if it was to happen) doesn't make you a Joe collector. It just makes you a collector who happened to like that particular piece. Now, if you have many other pieces from that license (even made by different companies) that would tend to make you more a collector of that license.

Agreed. They're as much fans most likely as the next guy but not necessarily joe collectors.

Thats assuming they keep buying pieces. If they buy just 1 piece because they found it interesting doesn't make them a Joe collector. I've seen plenty of people say, "Oh, I like that LOTR piece think I'll get that because it looks cool." but they also admit they have no interest in owning other LOTR pieces. They are collectors just not specifically that lines collectors.

Several pieces at least. I like Hellboy and have the comic-con ex they did for the gun but I wouldn't call myself a Hellboy collector.

There is a distinct difference between being a fan and a fan who collects.

Thats not what I said. You don't have to collect the same format as me to be a Joe collector, Marvel, LOTR, SW, etc. However, if you just see a random piece from any line and buy it because you think the piece is cool that does not make you a collector of that license, but a collector of that piece in general.

Oh I'm no hater either. I think the piece is pretty cool looking. I just prefer the 1:6th Joes and as far as statues in general I love statues and have owned many over the years.

Really. I clearly stated earlier if you collected past Joe statues or busts and are getting these Dio's and statues adding to your joe collection that works. Hell, if you're getting these and adding them to your 3 3/4 or 1:6th stuff same deal. Nam, agreed with me on that point as well earlier. What we're getting at is that if this is the only Joe collectible you every buy you're not really a joe collector. You might be a fan but there is a difference between being fan and a collector (though they are usually fans as well).

I may get this down the line too spazzy, SE is just too awesome to resist in whatever format and my kid gets excited everytime he see him and starts pointing and waving his hands. : P

Cool, I am sure many others will be pursuaded, it is a great looking statue, with SDCC this month, lots of stuff in works, the price, waiting for in hand pics, are a few of the factors why some are not ordering. IT is def understandable, I knew from the get go that it wasn't going to be a quick sellout, Joe statues rarely are.

Where exactly did I contradict myself and where is the backpedal? :dunno Here is all my posts stating the same thing over and over. I literally just explained why I said pretty much. Thats not backpedaling thats clarification for you.

Yep, and if the rest of their joe collection is statues then they are still joe collectors : )

Again, not really, but if it makes you feel better. *pats head*

Pretty much :lol

Cool, I am sure many others will be pursuaded, it is a great looking statue, with SDCC this month, lots of stuff in works, the price, waiting for in hand pics, are a few of the factors why some are not ordering. IT is def understandable, I knew from the get go that it wasn't going to be a quick sellout, Joe statues rarely are.

Yeah no doubt the sculpt is good. I would love to see in hand pics of this bad boy.

Man, you just don't get it. I've explained what I meant by "pretty much" and quoted you my posts in this thread. If you are mentally not able to understand that I can't help you.

It's pretty clearcut from your response to that other quote therein lies the contradiction. No explanation needed.

Nope you guys contradicted yourself then tried to backpedal, again read the above conversation, it's pretty much all there. :wave

I didn't backpedal on ____. You're a statue collector who happens to have some Joe pieces or a single Joe piece on preorder. Whereas a Joe collector might just happen to have Joe statues in his Joe collection. I collect vintage, and current 3 3/4" Joes, vintage and 25th Anny 12" Hasbro Joes, some of the palisades busts, Sideshow's 12" figures and I have the PF on order from a retailer. You? What do you have on preorder Mr. Statue Collector? The PF? Are you even ordering this? :huh :lol A box of old Joes in the attic doesn't mean ____ to me. :monkey1

I didn't backpedal on ____. You're a statue collector who happens to have some Joe pieces or a single Joe piece on preorder. Whereas a Joe collector might just happen to have Joe statues in his Joe collection. I collect vintage, and current 3 3/4" Joes, vintage and 25th Anny 12" Hasbro Joes, some of the palisades busts, Sideshow's 12" figures and I have the PF on order from a retailer. You? What do you have on preorder Mr. Statue Collector? The PF? Are you even ordering this? :huh :lol A box of old Joes in the attic doesn't mean ____ to me. :monkey1

It's not in the attic, it's right in front of me and a couple are displayed in my kid's room and living room. assume much? lol. As for the ones I have already a SE/SS bust, SE dio and have a dio and the PF on order from SS, still thinking about this piece and who cares what it means to you :nana: So you collect joe statues after all. :lol Are you ordering this?

Words of a wise one:

Didn't you know? Telling other people the correct way to collect merchandise based off of fictional characters is serious business. :lecture

Whats the problem? This statue is freaking awesome. The price is steep but atleast Sideshow have flexpay instead of paying all at once.

I'm a Joe fan, but not even close to a collector. I'm a Star Wars fan, and still I really wouldn't call myself a collector, though I have a lot of stuff in different formats. Same with Lord of the Rings, and a few anime properties. I see things pertaining to licenses that I like, and I get them, but what I do is not collecting.

There's more to it than just being a fan and buying stuff. The closest thing I come to being a collector of is 1:6 figures, but even then, I'm not particularly devout. I just buy a lot of them.

If you're not a collector, you have no business posting.

Kindly delete your account and never visit here again!

:wave

Back