Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and if the rest of their collection is statues then they are still joe collectors : )
JimFace.gif

Did anyone else order besides Dprime Mamba and me on this board? So far 7 total on SF, lol not looking too good!

:nono You're not taking into account that this is G.I. Joe. You can't use format comparisons here, you have to know the license and how it sells. It's not Marvel, not by a looooooooooong shot. I'd guesstimate that a good 75% (and I'm probably lowballing that percentage) are cheap Hasbro collectors that denounce everything not made by Hasbro. Swing over to Hisstank.com for proof. It's hard enough getting Joe collectors to spring for $100 high-end action figures. Look at the statues and dios and how not-well the PF and com are selling. You really think Joe collectors are gonna pay EVEN MORE for a low ES 1:1 bust? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that.

SW has the high-end collectors because of its mass popularity. There must be tons of computer programmers and what not who made good with some such patents and are now buying high end SW items.

Marvel... well, just think of all the high-end comic book collectors out there, paying 50,000-100,000+ for some of those rare, minty silver and golden age #1s. Dropping several hundred on some busts must be nothing to them.

GI Joe, not so much. We're toy collectors, primarily - and even the rarest, most expensive GI Joe items aren't over a few grand at most. Yeah, there's been a bit of a resurgence since the 25th line came out, but those are mainly guys who collect new retail toys at $5-10 a pop.

This is all I could find for confirmed orders, I hope that isn't a sign, would be pretty sad for a very impressive statue

1. Spazzy
2. WarMachine714
3. Barbarian
4. Mamba
5. derekrodneysim
6. Jetfuel
7. Spartacus
8. Joebad
9. Dprime (freaks confirmed preorder)
10. Dark Knight66
11. ultra8294 (hisstank)
12. evil one (hisstank)

This is all I could find for confirmed orders, I hope that isn't a sign, would be pretty sad for a very impressive statue

1. Spazzy
2. WarMachine714
3. Barbarian
4. Mamba
5. derekrodneysim
6. Jetfuel
7. Spartacus
8. Joebad
9. Dprime (freaks confirmed preorder)
10. Dark Knight66
11. ultra8294 (hisstank)
12. evil one (hisstank)
--

Given all the "balls busting" . . . some would actually admit to ordering the SNAKE EYES & TIMBER statue?

They might as well post their real names & addresses and invite all the statue & PF format haters to come to collectively lynch them. I'm sure there are some members who'll actually enjoy & relish in that given some of the replies.

No matter the forum . . . the product . . . there will always be differences & discussions regarding price, what is being offered for the price, and how collectors like us interpret and perceive what is being offered for the price (i.e. are we getting our $ worth). If some feel strongly about it, then well . . . _____ing/complaining follows as usual.

I am not ashamed to order SE and Timber, it is a great statue, sure it is 1/5th and prefer 1/4, but I got plenty of 1/5th statues, I have no problem with it....except price is a bit high, but that is what flex is for and they have it spread out to 4 payments, so makes it easier for me.

Back