Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take a sticker with some kind of refund. At least give a brother $20 bucks of his money back. A sticker looks like you're trying pull a fast one on someone that wouldn't know the issue behind the sticker. Especially, if one day you choose to sell down the road years later.

I agree sticker is not the best solution, it looks cheap.

was the bottom of the base replaced on the hulk comiq? It didn't bother me, but I remember there was a lot of talk about it. I think coa would be an easy compromise on their part.

I think they sent a sticker for Hulk Comi, that missplelled issue on hulk comi did not bother me at all. I think the ES error on this piece is bigger issue than just misspelling Sideshow name. I agree COA probably would be the easiest good solution to fix this issue, I doubt sideshow would replace the base.

I agree sticker is not the best solution, it looks cheap.

I think they sent a sticker for Hulk Comi, that missplelled issue on hulk comi did not bother me at all. I think the ES error on this piece is bigger issue than just misspelling Sideshow name. I agree COA probably would be the easiest good solution to fix this issue, I doubt sideshow would replace the base.

If that's the case, I hope they (SSC) at least have the all laminated for durability over the years...:lol

That's the least they could do...:dunno

FYI, for those getting this statue, the jack sack is a separate piece so the strap is a bendy material but still pretty solid so it might not sit right on his shoulder right out of the box (in my statue at least). If you look at my first pictures you can see it sorta sits on his collar, but all you have to do is apply a hair dryer on the strap for a few seconds and it becomes very pliable and it can look like its naturally resting against his shoulder.

From this:
photo_6-1.jpg

To this:
photo1.jpg

CONFIRMED THIS STATUE IS SO BADASS, AMAZING.

17r636.jpg

6jhfsp.jpg

Comparison pic with 1/6 scale and 1/4 scale:

wsuveu.jpg

Is Timber really as dark as he appears to be in these pics? The sideshowtoy.com website make him look a little closer to his action figure/comic book color, which is a much lighter fur color.

I told you Mamba that you would have no other choice but to absolutely love this representation of our beloved Snake Eyes. I'm still stunned at the quality of the sculpture.

Is Timber really as dark as he appears to be in these pics? The sideshowtoy.com website make him look a little closer to his action figure/comic book color, which is a much lighter fur color.

The color on Timber that you see on the pics pretty much the same in person. Yeah it's a bit darker, but still looks damn good.

I told you Mamba that you would have no other choice but to absolutely love this representation of our beloved Snake Eyes. I'm still stunned at the quality of the sculpture.

I know, the pose is a killer, the detail is absolutely amazing and the size is perfect 1/5 scale size. I was afraid it would be too small, but it's not.

The color on Timber that you see on the pics pretty much the same in person. Yeah it's a bit darker, but still looks damn good.

I know, the pose is a killer, the detail is absolutely amazing and the size is perfect 1/5 scale size. I was afraid it would be too small, but it's not.

Thx very much, mamba. Mine arrives Tuesday and i cant wait!!!

Yeah, this piece is undoubtedly badass! :rock
Though, my Timber's front right leg is cracked clear through, so it's time to contact SS for a replacement. That's pretty much my only gripe about this piece after a once over glossy glance. Timber is definitely a pretty dark color. I wouldn't mind giving him a little dry brush treatment with something a bit light to add some sweet detail to this already incredibly detailed piece. Hmmm. Now that I mention it, maybe not. :lol

Aside from the issue of the 1000 ES listed on the base, this is truly a big win for Sideshow.

Posting pics tomorrow.

Yeah, this piece is undoubtedly badass! :rock
Though, my Timber's front right leg is cracked clear through, so it's time to contact SS for a replacement. That's pretty much my only gripe about this piece after a once over glossy glance. Timber is definitely a pretty dark color. I wouldn't mind giving him a little dry brush treatment with something a bit light to add some sweet detail to this already incredibly detailed piece. Hmmm. Now that I mention it, maybe not. :lol

Aside from the issue of the 1000 ES listed on the base, this is truly a big win for Sideshow.

Posting pics tomorrow.

Looking forward to the pics, Barbarian! Sorry to hear about the leg crack, man......

Whoa Barb! Awesome pics as usual. I'm kinda glad this is not a PF release, because he really does look badazz. Would have been a great addition to the PF line, but I'm broke and trying to hold out on buying anything new anyway.

/me runs off to check on price and availability, just for ____s and giggles...

Whoa Barb! Awesome pics as usual. I'm kinda glad this is not a PF release, because he really does look badazz. Would have been a great addition to the PF line, but I'm broke and trying to hold out on buying anything new anyway.

/me runs off to check on price and availability, just for ____s and giggles...
:lol Thanks, stormy! I'm also glad it's not a PF. Otherwise, it wouldn't be nearly as cool! :D I love this fully sculpted piece. It's instantly one of my favorite pieces in my collection. I'm not sure if a PF could come close to the detail this fine piece of statuary boasts. But if a PF is made of him and rocks this much ass, I won't hesitate to pick it up. :rock

Bro Barb your pictures really do justice on this badazz piece :clap:clap:clap

So, which part is cracked? I don't see it in the pic, is it minor crack?

Did you try to make his strap to look like its naturally resting againts his shoulder (not sit on his collar)? I tried even with a hair dryer like Joebad suggested, but had no luck, I am too afraid I will break the strap as it's very fragile.

Thanks, Brother Mamba. His leg is cracked completely through right where the front right leg meets the body. It is only held in place by the support wire inside. It's sorta hard to see in the pics. You can see it a bit in the second close up of Timber. He'll be going back for a replacement as soon as I can make it happen.

I haven't really tried to get the strap placed properly. I've been very busy since I got him yesterday. I'll probably give the ol' hair dryer a whirl. I've used it before for other pieces and it seems to work just fine. You just have to make sure you heat the piece enough without damaging the paint. Also, if there is a wire to support it, that will definitely get in the way. But, it worked for Joe, so it must be possible. Just be very careful.

Back