Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! Plus the armour will cover most of the joints too, so it will look better than the previous versions I think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

According to their FB, Hot Toys is about to show some new cosbabies and 1/6 figures from the upcoming Marvel projects. I suppose that means a full reveal of most of the new Guardians of the Galaxy figures?

Starts this weekend, so I'll be looking forward to the reveals. At this point I'm mainly just interested in seeing Star-Lord and Homecoming Spider-Man. I wonder if it's too early to see Ragnarok figures?

I would be surprised if they show all the guardians at that event. I think Mantis, Nebula and Yondu won't be displayed. I hope I'm wrong. ☺

We'll probably just get the same 5 guardians again with placeholder headsculpts lol

Damn and I was hoping for the long coat again. :( Seems like people who've wanted the short jacket will be happy. :)

C8u0JgzUMAAVXz3.jpg

C8uzy-kV0AAUePd.jpg

Pics are from Twitter

And damn those blue pants look great on Drax ... too bad I won't be getting it. Unless HT drops the first and updates him to the vol. 2 version.

Hey that's pretty awesome :clap Thanks for sharing those TrashCat :hi5:
Yeah, just came across them on my dash and thought people here might wanna see. :D

Looks like I might just have to get that vol. 1 Star-Lord ... or depending on this versions head sculpt, hunt down the long coat. :lol

Nice to see HB displayed next to other non-hulk figures, even though he's posed horribly. I like the red color on Star Lord but dislike the t-shirt. If I ever get one, I'd probably buy the v1 over this.

So glad I have vol.1 Star Lord. The short coat look isn't doing it for me

I like the short coat on Starlord but not enough to upgrade mine. Perhaps if there is a headsculpt and its much better than the first one.

So glad I have vol.1 Star Lord. The short coat look isn't doing it for me

I like the short coat on Starlord but not enough to upgrade mine. Perhaps if there is a headsculpt and its much better than the first one.

:exactly: Feel the same, happy with my vol. 1 version. Thankfully though, at least now that I have seen the new SL, I officially have no reason to re-buy any of the main team, as he was the only one I was remotely interested in getting. :yess: Money saved!

So just any new characters for me then now...assuming Hot Toys make them of course! :)

Yeah, just came across them on my dash and thought people here might wanna see. :D

Looks like I might just have to get that vol. 1 Star-Lord ... or depending on this versions head sculpt, hunt down the long coat. :lol

Much appreciated :duff

I will say the original StarLord is one of the best figures I ever owned so if you get the chance it's definitely worth buying :D but I sold it along with my other Guardians. I think I will have to get this version now :slap

The first Star Lord was my first Hot Toys. Besides being a very loaded figure, it held sentimental value for me as it introduced me to essentially crack.

This is even better than crack though, because you don't get to keep your first crack rock and relive it's high. One small sniff of the pleather, and your back on cloud 9.

There could be two versions of Star-Lord coming. Either that or the long and short jackets are interchangeable. I personally prefer the long one more.

I like the short jacket on Quill, although the longer looks cooler. I'll probably pick this one up. Unless they do a screaming portrait for Drax I'll probably skip or cancel the CotG 1 version. I don't need one from each movie.

Back