Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully HT doesn't bother with another traditional Thor, we've had 5 versions already, just go with Gladiator Thor for this one.

Gladiator Hulk seems like a given considering they already have the body and would just need new headsculpts with the helmet and the armour.

Loki is a really popular villain, I think they'll definitely do another version of him.

Hela is a big question mark. The female characters from these CBM only seem to get made if they're one of the leading heroes (Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora). We didn't get Nebula from GotG and even the Ancient One from Dr Strange hasn't made it to preorder. Hopefully this trend starts to change.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agree on Thor. No need for a regular. I hope for hella but all i can think of is iron man 3. They were going to use a female villain but opted not to because it wouldnt sell a lot of toys/merch. So hopefully they change their mind this time around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found this on hot toys Japan Instagram

Attachments

• hottoys_japan-1.jpg
    hottoys_japan-1.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 197
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the new Guardians members shows up as an Toy Fair Exclusive. My guess would be Yondu.

Marvel figures I'll probably be getting in 2018:

- Spider-Man Homecoming: Stark suit
- Thor (Gladiator look)
- Loki (not even sure about this one yet)
- Logan

The rest are:
- PotC full line-up,
- The Flash
- Aquaman,
- Wonder-Woman,
- (Romero Joker?)

So it will be an 'okay' year next year. My 2017 buy-list is just crazy. Already had to let go of Darth Vader, Yoda, The Punisher, Daredevil & Peter Venkman :/

Agree on Thor. No need for a regular. I hope for hella but all i can think of is iron man 3. They were going to use a female villain but opted not to because it wouldnt sell a lot of toys/merch. So hopefully they change their mind this time around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They seem to have backed off that stance since there now is a good amount of merchandise for the female characters.

Yeah i cant see them doing 12 GOTG figs.

I could see them doing figures for the three new Guardians (Mantis, Nebula and Yondu) but yeah, there's no way they're making Ayesha or Warlock.

Depending on how deep HT goes into the cast, I might end up dropping quite a bit on these two movies (not to mention Justice League and Star Wars VIII)

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Starlord
Gamora
Baby Groot
Yondu
Nebula
Mantis
Ayesha
Ego
Rocket (if made with real fur)
Drax (if screaming portrait and something else that differentiates it from the GotG1 version)
Warlock (if he shows up):pray:

THOR
Gladiator Thor
Gladiator Hulk
Hela
Valkyrie (hopefully she'll have a flashback look with the metal bikini and blue cape)
Loki

Cut those lists roughly in half.

Since we're doing lists :lol Some of these are 'If they're made'

Spiderman Homecoming
-Spiderman
-Homemade Spiderman
-Vulture

Thor Ragnorak
-Loki
-Thor
-Hulk
-Hela
-Underworld Hela
-Valkryie

Daredevil
-Daredevil
-Punisher

Guardians of the Galaxy 2
-Rocket
-Drax
-Starlord
-Gamora
-Drax
-Mantis
-Yondu
-Nebula
-Baby Groot

Iron Man
-Iron Man MK6
-Iron Man MK7 Diecast
-Iron Man MK5 Diecast
-Iron Man MK46

Doctor Strange
-Doctor Strange

Logan
-Logan

Black Panther
-Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp
-Ant-Man
-Wasp

Infinity War
-Captain Marvel
-Black widow
-Groot
-Maria Hill
-Nick Fury
-Thanos
-Scarlet Witch
-Iron Man
-Hawkeye
-The Collector
-Vision

Suicide Squad
-Harley Quinn
-Joker
-Batman

Wonder Woman
-Wonder Woman
-Hippolyta

Justice League
-Batman
-Superman
-Aquaman
-Flash

Arkham Games
-Joker
-Batman

Star Wars The Last Jedi
-Rey
-Kylo
-Luke

Rogue One
-Jyn Erso
-Chirrut Imwe
-K-2SO

Star Wars General
-R2D2
-Yoda

Other
-Jack Sparrow
-Alien
-The Mummy
-Officer K
-Major
-Jungle Predator

I think there's something that could possibly work in Hela's favor. I have no idea if that was Hot Toys' stance, but I know Hasbro mentioned they rarely do MCU villains because they usually only ever show up in one film and then die. It's pretty strongly speculated Hela may show up in Infinity War filling the role of Mistress Death from the comics.

Multiple appearances could up her chances.

Hopefully HT doesn't bother with another traditional Thor, we've had 5 versions already, just go with Gladiator Thor for this one.

Gladiator Hulk seems like a given considering they already have the body and would just need new headsculpts with the helmet and the armour.

Loki is a really popular villain, I think they'll definitely do another version of him.

Hela is a big question mark. The female characters from these CBM only seem to get made if they're one of the leading heroes (Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora). We didn't get Nebula from GotG and even the Ancient One from Dr Strange hasn't made it to preorder. Hopefully this trend starts to change.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As much as it wouldn't quite seem right missing a Thor with Mjolnir look, from what we've seen in the trailer, it's not going to differ from AoU too much (which in itself wasn't a huge departure from every other movie look he's had), I agree that the Gladiator look really needs to be given priority. It was the what we first saw in the early promotion stuff too, so it looks like Waititi wants to showcase it.

Loki is so popular, both as a second hand Avengers figure, and as a figure which never got made (Thor 1), they'd be silly not to make it, with horns and robes, which will still be different enough from his Thor 1 and Avengers appearances..

For some of the upcoming films, my prognostications on who will likely be made are as follows:

GotG 2

-Star Lord
-Rocket
-Gamora
-Baby Groot
-Drax
-Mantis

Wonder Woman

-Wonder Woman (regular outfit)

Thor: Ragnarok

-Gladiator Thor
-Gladiator Hulk
-Loki
-Thor (regular version [EX])

Justice League

-All variants of Batman
-Superman
-Regeneration (black) suit Superman (EX)
-Wonder Woman
-Flash
-Aquaman
-Cyborg

Star-Lord on Facebook! Yuss... (I'm sure someone faster at making threads will beat me to it.. ) ;)

Someone from Hot Toys reads my posts! This is the thing they are doing!

Impressive that you guessed the right way round too, after seeing that early promo I was assuming the regular would have the long coat again and the delux the short jacket and jet pack... Happy that HT thought this through that some who own and are keeping the original might just want the short jacket option.

I have to admit that other than my remaining pre-orders (Falcon, IM MkVI and Mk46) I had kinda lost interest a little in 1/6 and instead getting smaller scale Figuarts and been collecting lego minifigs.

The last couple of trailers and Star-Lord have brought me right back in though, really looking forward to the chance of getting Thor and Loki (would it be wrong to put Gladiator Thor with my Avengers?) as well as some of the newer characters coming over the next few years.

Back