Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will reportedly have limited articulation in the head and arm, so I guess that does mean an ABS body.

:confused:

rw23 said:
This will own all others! It will also own all of your wallets! :D

:rotfl :rotfl This is an easy pass for me. If I really have that speeder bike/scout trooper itch, I can always get the GG statue with the scout leaning on the bike. That's a lot cheaper, and smaller to find room for.

kierbaudy said:
For $500 I would definately get it, but $800... I don't know.

If the body is plastic, then no way. Not for that kind of money.

Not to say, it isn't a great PF. It's also way too big, not sure where to put the darn thing. I would have to live in a warehouse and make it look like a star wars sound stage. It's getting ridiculous, my life. Gotta quit the collecting thing.

That's EXACTLY my feeling kierbaudy...$500 -> I'm IN!...$800 -> probably NOT...although the 'arm and head articulation' REALLY has me interested. I just wasn't super crazy about the pointing the gun back look displayed at CIV.

Oh, and I figure the body will have to be ABS...not just due to weight and the articulation requiring ABS, but won't ALL Trooper PF's suffer from the same problems as Fett with the shrinkage ratio of the plastic armor to the polystone body...thus ABS will be the only way to go?

Of course, if that's the case, the Speeder Bike better be a mix of ABS, diecast metal and metal wires...to justify the $800! If it's ALL ABS, Then I'm fine with my $30 1/6 HasBlow™ Bike, Thanks.:rolleyes:

While it might be 800 dollars we cant get all excited about the price until we here something official. Has anything official come out yet?

dregs said:
While it might be 800 dollars we cant get all excited about the price until we here something official. Has anything official come out yet?

It has been confirmed by those in attendance, as well as Dusty herself.

What HASN'T been confirmed yet is the materials being used. :wave

Just throwing something else out there:

A lot of people seem to love how dynamic this piece is. It really grabs you by the balls as it captures a cool moment from the film. Do you think Boba PF would have been cut the same kind of slack (in regards to materials) if the pose was something along the lines of the GG maquette? something with more movement and excitement?

If the Fett PF was in a pose like the UNleashed figure, hovering on a huge set of flames, it'd be cut some slack I think. Also, Bobas curse is he was the first.

PosterBoyKelly said:
If the Fett PF was in a pose like the UNleashed figure, hovering on a huge set of flames, it'd be cut some slack I think. Also, Bobas curse is he was the first.

The first what?

this thing has opened a new dimension of my collection... possibly the first SW PF and maybe the reasons for some cancellations.:monkey1

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
jason2885 said:
Dusty said yesterday that it would $799.99. So yep its going to be 800. I wish it was only 600 but I can handle 800. If it was a 1000 I would have thought about it.

This will become the most expensive piece in my collection.

I would love this, but at 800 and the space it occupies alone... I just don't know if I could survive such a purchase on bothe ends. Takes up 3 regular sized PFs in sheer room and in cost as well. You definitely need a big chunk of area to fit that sucker. Definitely eliminates a lot of display options for multiple pieces.

creature4000 said:
I'm betting it is. No wat polysone would hold up on that peg.

If they do use ABS, I hope they can use a clear acrylic pole instead of that black pole they have with the prototype.

That's one thing the GG piece has is the illusion that the bike is hovering

Back