Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
You usually seem like an intelligent person, but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard you say. If SS thinks they can sell 1000 at that price point, they should make 1000. It has nothing to do with greed. We all know that SW is the biggest cash cow around and people love big, expensive items (MR Falcon). Every SW PF has sold out. I'm sure SS accounts for some cancellations but the trend for a lot of people is to pre-order and then cancel later on. If SS derives the ES based on pre-orders, naturally the ES will tend to be higher and the excess of cancellations has led to a lot of Second Chance offers and a decline on the secondary market.

Obi and Vader have both dried up after being out a little over a year. Give it some time and you'll see the value of those PF's begin to climb.

I agree with you about that. If Sideshow can sell more then I dont see any reason why they wouldnt. Plus they are paying money to develop these might as well maximize profits. Much better than what the other company does by refusing to make enough to go around.

Darth Loki said:
You usually seem like an intelligent person, but that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard you say. If SS thinks they can sell 1000 at that price point, they should make 1000. It has nothing to do with greed. We all know that SW is the biggest cash cow around and people love big, expensive items (MR Falcon). Every SW PF has sold out. I'm sure SS accounts for some cancellations but the trend for a lot of people is to pre-order and then cancel later on. If SS derives the ES based on pre-orders, naturally the ES will tend to be higher and the excess of cancellations has led to a lot of Second Chance offers and a decline on the secondary market.

Obi and Vader have both dried up after being out a little over a year. Give it some time and you'll see the value of those PF's begin to climb.

Sorry you think so, as I often think of you as being intelligent too. Not here. First of all do your homework. Every SW PF has NOT sold out. Example. Luke/Yoda. ES on Luke/Yoda 2300. HUGE. The aftermarket on it is about 150.00 less than retail. They will be giving those away as prizes for years.

Dude, it does have to do with greed. I'm not saying greed is bad. It's necessary for a business, but you can't flood the market and expect it to keep supporting you. To think it isn't greed is naive.

I'm not down on SS overall, but I do think they overproduce on a lot of items that leaves the buyer holding a bag worth a lot less than they paid for it.

Are you buying the item because of what it will be worth or because you WANT the item in your collection.

I WANT this in my collection and dont care how many Sideshow makes. I hate that I will have to pay at least $800 in order to finish off my GG AOTC clone collection of the red white and blue one. Thats what I think that sucks, not Sideshow making to many of their products.

jlcmsu said:
Are you buying the item because of what it will be worth or because you WANT the item in your collection.

I want the item, but I also want the best possible price. Retailer for me. :cool:

LOTRFan said:
I want the item, but I also want the best possible price. Retailer for me. :cool:

Agreed. When buying limited edition items, it is to our benefit to keep the ES as low as possible while keeping the price reasonable. That comes before my worrying about Sideshow making money.

jlcmsu said:

Lame argument. No matter how much I like it, I hate to buy collectibles that immediately lose much of their value. As often as I change my collections, I truly can't afford to buy blindly like some.

Here is the deal on the scale. Originally it was longer. The reason that it is shorter is that when they went to lucus they were able to get the original blueprints for these. This is based on that. It is smaller the 1/4 scale but is portioniate to the original blurptints.

As far as the edition size that is still unkown or they are not saying.

Appreciate the update, but that reason is a bit ridiculous. I would certainly trade a little artistic license for a bike that at least looks correct overall. At 400.00 I would consider it, but 800.00 for a Speeder Stub Bike? Nope. Not here.

mfoga said:
Here is the deal on the scale. Originally it was longer. The reason that it is shorter is that when they went to lucus they were able to get the original blueprints for these. This is based on that. It is smaller the 1/4 scale but is portioniate to the original blurptints.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like Sideshow just did an "elite" on this one. :D

I think they already know what the ES for this one is. I just hope it didn't go up with the positive feedback it's been getting.

Customizer: I agree with you bro. These things are too expensive. Cooler heads have to remain when it comes to being a smart shopper before being a fan.

mfoga said:

Thanks for the info. Hope Im able to get one of these. Cant wait to have this one in my Star Wars room. Im sure you have to be really big geek to get out a tape measure and measure to make sure that it is right to scale.

jason2885 said:
Thanks for the info. Hope Im able to get one of these. Cant wait to have this one in my Star Wars room. Im sure you have to be really big geek to get out a tape measure and measure to make sure that it is right to scale.

Nope. You have to be a really big geek to not care and shell out that ridiculous sum anyway.:chew

customizerwannabe said:
Nope. You have to be a really big geek to not care and shell out that ridiculous sum anyway.:chew

Exactly. Perhaps I'll be able to score one on EvilBay™ for $500 down the road...if I really want one. The initial 'cool, WOW!' factor has worn off. Probably the price...and the amount of room it'll take up. :rolleyes:

This is still a cool peice... and I will definately be gettign this.. one way or another.

I have yet to see a peice yet that is 100% acurate.. I'd even go 90%. So a bit of scale is not an issue with me!

This is going to rock my collection!!! and no one can sway me otherwise! :rotfl :chew

Back