Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
Huh?

Not sure I understand the question - but my impression is that the scale models used in the film may have been sized differently, but this is 1/4 scale based on the 1:1 bikes that were actually used.
Well Scott said it was a lil less the 1/4 scale but close enough:lol

mfoga said:
Well Scott said it was a lil less the 1/4 scale but close enough:lol

The thing is freaking huge. I saw it on saturday and it is the biggest statue/figure/thingy I have ever seen. WAY bigger then the PF Hulk, it was sooooo nice. If only I had the $$$$

So much fuss. :lol

I'm gonna choose to look at it this way: That's one tall-assed biker scout under that armor. :D (This would also explain the diminshed size of the pauldrons.)

Oh, I know. It's a tough argument to make, given that they're clones and all. But I'm watching the Endor chase right now, and I don't see that great of a difference. The scale is definitely different, but not grotesquelly so. I'm willing to overlook it.

Don't do a thing, Sideshow. :rock2 Leave it as it is.

Last edited:
I am now convinced that some people on this boad would find a way to b!tch about winning 100 million dollars.

KitFisto said:
I am now convinced that some people on this boad would find a way to b!tch about winning 100 million dollars.

Who would want to win $100 million? :confused: Who could possibly spend it all? Suddenly, you'd have friends that you never knew you had. Tricksy, false ones. And all of those people calling you asking for donations, hanging on the bell all day, never giving you a moment's peace.

That much money, man. Such a burden. You can keep it. ;)

JSA said:
That is definitely the truest statement ever made! :lol

JS ;)
Actually you are wrong as of now. I asked about that and they said no the scout will not be plastic, if I remeber correct they said it will be a resin figure.

I think it's a valid complaint seeing the price is nuts, but I'm not complaining if it's considerably cheaper from a retailer. I mean, high price = high standard + Star Wars rabid fan-ness = REALLY high standard. I just don't see how some people act like the whinners here have poor arguments. On 1 side AMAZING figure, great choice, and great character selection, BUT on the other side For $800 if it's NOT totally accurate, whinning is VERY valid.

BUT Knock off a hundred fifty bucks or so, I can't complain anymore. My whole point is this: FOR THAT PRICE, ANY THING NEGATIVE IS WORTH A COMPLAINT. If you don't think so, I'm glad you can toss $800 around and ignore the little problems. I certainly can't, I'm cheap and a weirdo. (new signature there?):lol

PosterBoyKelly said:
I think it's a valid complaint seeing the price is nuts, but I'm not complaining if it's considerably cheaper from a retailer. I mean, high price = high standard + Star Wars rabid fan-ness = REALLY high standard. I just don't see how some people act like the whinners here have poor arguments. On 1 side AMAZING figure, great choice, and great character selection, BUT on the other side For $800 if it's NOT totally accurate, whinning is VERY valid.

BUT Knock off a hundred fifty bucks or so, I can't complain anymore. My whole point is this: FOR THAT PRICE, ANY THING NEGATIVE IS WORTH A COMPLAINT. If you don't think so, I'm glad you can toss $800 around and ignore the little problems. I certainly can't, I'm cheap and a weirdo. (new signature there?):lol

Well put. Sheep+Star Wars=Big bucks for any manufacturer every time. I love the scout figure. Just wish the length of the bike was CLOSER to the real thing. Don't want to whip out a measuring tape. Just want it to appear like the real thing. I'm not an accuracy freak. Would just hate to be disappointedafter spending that much. That's all.

customizerwannabe said:
Well put. Sheep+Star Wars=Big bucks for any manufacturer every time. I love the scout figure. Just wish the length of the bike was CLOSER to the real thing. Don't want to whip out a measuring tape. Just want it to appear like the real thing. I'm not an accuracy freak. Would just hate to be disappointedafter spending that much. That's all.

One of the great things about SS is the 30 refund policy though. I think I've pretty much decided that not only do I have no where to put it, I can't afford it either. :monkey2

The more I think about this, it's a shame that Sideshow had to include the Bike. Yeah, I know that Scout trooper and bike go hand in hand and it is iconic, but it would have been nice for Sideshow to produce an item that wasn't what everyone else has done.

The bike is what puts this thing out of alot of collectors' price range (accurate or not). Make a Scout without the bike for $250-$300 and it still would have been just as popular, IMO. Collectors want the Imperial trooper, not whether or not he's riding a bike. And if they would have gone with a stand alone figure, then a potential exclusive could have been an Ewok.

I'd be curious to know what other design possibilities the creative team discussed.

A Scout without his bike it's like Ghost Rider over at the Marvel line without his motorcycle. There is just something not right.

Do a Snowtrooper if you are not ready for the Stormtrooper. However, the Scout WITH the bike is a must. It is the bike that gives it the wow factor.

SolidLiquidFox said:
A Scout without his bike it's like Ghost Rider over at the Marvel line without his motorcycle. There is just something not right.

Do a Snowtrooper if you are not ready for the Stormtrooper. However, the Scout WITH the bike is a must. It is the bike that gives it the wow factor.
:clap :clap
It's true, the bike is a must.

For me the bike is a must-have for this figure, price be damned.
It is what will separate it from all previous SW PF's, and if they
actually keep the ES to a reasonable level, make it something
that just may possibly hold its value.........

JS

True this guy has been done to death, but I think it looks great, a excellent job well done. An ES of 1000 should be about right. About the price...well, to alot of SW fans, price dosen't matter :D

No argument that the bike adds to the piece and is what makes it unique from previous SW PF figures. From reading this thread though, price appears to be a major issue and the bike is contributing to that.

If the Scout, alone, could have been acquired for a 1/3 of the cost, I'd be more than happy to take it without the bike. But, obviously I'm in that minority. :)

The Bike makes the thing to me! It's what makes me REALLY want it, otherwise I'd pass. It's just a tough call with that price, but again, if the retailer price is right, I'm on this.

I just thought I'd share this photo I took at the Smithsonian Magic and Myth exhibit 9 years ago with the proto pic.

the bikes a must!! As far as it being done to death.. where? I've seen one othe (besides Hasbro) that did the trooper on bike... and GG didn't do it for me. ;)

the cost stinks.. but I'll suck it up for this. This is way better then dropping a grand or 500 bucks on a Bust! :D

Back