Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An $800 from ANY line, I would expect COMPLETE accuracy, ANY LINE! It's not a Star Wars thing, it's a "super cheap-o who has high expectations for an expensive product" thing. If this was an X3 Wolvie PF, and the claws were too short or too long, you'd hear about it. If this were ANY line that had such a large piece and there was a size innaccuracy, I think it's be mentioned. It's just all that, ALL THAT combined with the horrendous nit-pickery of Star Wars fans. Double Whammy.

nash said:
HEY EVERYONE KOOKIE CAN AFFORD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Heh- that is funny! And Nash- keep posting- your moving graphic has the nicest butt of any signature on any board anywhere!

PosterBoyKelly said:
An $800 from ANY line, I would expect COMPLETE accuracy, ANY LINE! It's not a Star Wars thing, it's a "super cheap-o who has high expectations for an expensive product" thing. If this was an X3 Wolvie PF, and the claws were too short or too long, you'd hear about it. If this were ANY line that had such a large piece and there was a size innaccuracy, I think it's be mentioned. It's just all that, ALL THAT combined with the horrendous nit-pickery of Star Wars fans. Double Whammy.
Not that I am arguing with you because you have a valid point. Accuracy is important. However, I think that in this case it isn't as important as people are thinking. The first time any one saw it they said "wow, that looks amazing!"

Yes, $800 is a heck of a lot of money and you should be happy and satisfied with the product you purchase. At the same time, this isn't a studio scaled piece and SS never claimed it to be 100% accurate to the movie or anything else. It is what it is and that is all it is. A beautiful "representation" of something from a movie.:)

There really isn't a point in stressing out about a couple of inches as long as you, the consumer, can be happy with the final product. If scale and accuracy is your thing then I am sure some where down the road a company will make one just for that type of fan.

I don't know about your math, but they said earlier in this thread it is 9 actual inches short. That is a HUGE problem. Of the very few straight on shots I've seen, all look like the bike has been shortened from the way it should look. For 250.00 or 300.00 I'd give them a pass but for 800.00??? I think not. This is their most expensive PF to date. It should also be the most accurate for that price.

I'm sure SS is cursing the acquisition of this line all the way to the bank.:rotfl

The fact that this piece is getting so much discussion in terms of "at what point do you draw the line in your budget" is very interesting. Bottom line: these things come in all shapes and sizes. It's up to us to decide what we can afford and what else do we need to give up for it.

I wonder what else SDCC will bring. If something cooler is announced it will put this piece in perspective even more as people work their budgets.

iansilv said:
Heh- that is funny! And Nash- keep posting- your moving graphic has the nicest butt of any signature on any board anywhere!

there was a thread someone here that had jessica biel with some...moving parts that was better but nash's is awesome too.

customizerwannabe said:
I don't know about your math, but they said earlier in this thread it is 9 actual inches short. That is a HUGE problem. Of the very few straight on shots I've seen, all look like the bike has been shortened from the way it should look. For 250.00 or 300.00 I'd give them a pass but for 800.00??? I think not. This is their most expensive PF to date. It should also be the most accurate for that price.

I'm sure SS is cursing the acquisition of this line all the way to the bank.:rotfl
It has nothing to do with math. You either like it or you don't. Buy it or skip it.
Like I said earlier, they never claimed this item to be accurate. Cost and accuracy do not go hand and hand, contrary to popular belief.

This is a forum chief. I can cry all I want to. "They never claimed this item to be accurate." Wow. That's what I would get for trusting them on that eh? Cost and R&D DO go hand in hand I would hope. For THIS cost they should find a way to lengthen it.

Is it just the front part thats too small? If thats it.. they could make it like the old Hasbro toy.

as far as crying.. there's a difference between wanting a peice that you want to be better, than B!tching about what others say that might be a difference in opinion. ;)

PosterBoyKelly said:
I'll be basing my decision on what retailers charge. In the end, I won't drop 800 on this.

Figure around $680 from a retailer. Some may offer it for less and that will be real tempting :monkey3

El Roranous said:
It has nothing to do with math. You either like it or you don't. Buy it or skip it.
Like I said earlier, they never claimed this item to be accurate. Cost and accuracy do not go hand and hand, contrary to popular belief.

Before you people ***** a brick, please remember that this is still a prototype and the final design isn't 100% done yet. Now more than likely it won't change, but it's still possible.

I spoke with them too about the scale on the bike and it was made a bit shorter to conform with the original bike it was modeled after and the blueprints. I'm sure there were many bikes used in the film and they could have had different lengths of struts.

I'm sure it's the nitpicking of the Star Wars fans that have doomed us all to never having a Chewie 1/6. Most would be happy with it, but there will be the vocal minority that will be demanding it be perfect, especially for the high price. If I were them I'd just avoid doing it at all and save the grief.

I just looked at the Pics for the billionth time.. and I'm definatelly getting him (bikerscouts being my favorite).. 800 is steep but I'll be buying, maybe for SS just to suport them. :monkey3

Darklord Dave said:
I'm sure it's the nitpicking of the Star Wars fans that have doomed us all to never having a Chewie 1/6. Most would be happy with it, but there will be the vocal minority that will be demanding it be perfect, especially for the high price. If I were them I'd just avoid doing it at all and save the grief.

I've said the same thing before. I think the fact that Boba Fett PF is on second chance right now has thought them a lesson: is it worth the hassle of having the unhappy vocal minority influence the rest of the fans and us sit here with all this product?

On the other hand, they know putting up with it comes with the territory.

Darklord Dave said:
I spoke with them too about the scale on the bike and it was made a bit shorter to conform with the original bike it was modeled after and the blueprints.

So Dave, this bike was used in the film then?

So Dave, this bike was used in the film then?

Huh?

Not sure I understand the question - but my impression is that the scale models used in the film may have been sized differently, but this is 1/4 scale based on the 1:1 bikes that were actually used.

customizerwannabe said:
Lame argument. No matter how much I like it, I hate to buy collectibles that immediately lose much of their value. As often as I change my collections, I truly can't afford to buy blindly like some.
What do you prefer to buy something then sell it a few weeks later? Ohh wait yes you do.

customizerwannabe said:

Yes they said they had it longed they took it to Lucas and after looking at the blueprints they used to build the full size ones they shortened since it was not the same as the reference material they had available.

Back