Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you bought it from SS you wasted only the not inconsiderable shipping charges. You'll get your purchase price back. If this "short" controversy blows up larger, it will NOT sell out quick. My Hasbro version looks great redone and for 800.00 it should be perfect...and I'm not even a fanboy. I'm tens of thousands of posts short for that.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Hey. For $800 I want accuracy. Sorry. My bad for being critical when it comes to spending $800. Plus shipping.

The idea's great, the figure looked great IN PICTURES, but if I get that thing in hands, after spending EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS and it's not top notch accuracy......I just wasted $800.

BUT if $800 is pocket change for you, and you don't care if your stuff is dead on after spending EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS, than that's cool, more to you.:D

Did you stop to think that maybe $800 is what the cost is for a speeder bike at that scale. It's all relative!!!

If the scale of the bike was bigger the price tag could be $1000-1200. You have no basis to judge the $800 in relationship to the size. For me the size is certainly big enough. I don't want to park a small vehicle in my home theater. From what some have said this piece is around 36-37 inches long and 45 inches long is getting a little ridiculous for the average Star Wars fan. Most people want a clean looking collection and not floor to ceiling shelves just overflowing with stuff.

customizerwannabe said:
If you bought it from SS you wasted only the not inconsiderable shipping charges. You'll get your purchase price back. If this "short" controversy blows up larger, it will NOT sell out quick. My Hasbro version looks great redone and for 800.00 it should be perfect...and I'm not even a fanboy. I'm tens of thousands of posts short for that.

I have to disagree, I think this piece will sell out quickly. In all the years I have been collecting this has to be one of the coolest Star Wars products I have ever seen. Master Replicas has done some amazing scale vehicle pieces but nothing this original. I know that GG did a small piece but that looks like a childs toy compared to this.

kookie stop trying to devalue everyone else's opions on this. you clearly have your own, and so does everyone else. If you like a "meh good enough" rendition of a PF piece that has the primary selling point as "1/4 SCALE", then that's more power to you. I hope you have fun dropping your $800 on it. I definitely would not.

I've got several of the MR Studio Scales and all their dimensions are movie accurate or are so close thats its really not noticeable. Thats what I pay for. Its not like a small switch or lever is in the wrong place on this piece, the whole look of the Speeder bike has changed. Would you spend money on a ROTJ Darth Vader P/F with a blue lightsaber?. I don't think so. I don't expect the dimensions will be changed as it looks like the whole bike would have to be remodelled. So I'll probably give this a miss. If you like the look of this statue, thats great. I just think that they could have given us the definitive model but elected not to.

oh and since you brought it up, I think the MR falcon is way more original and impressive than this.

nash said:
kookie stop trying to devalue everyone else's opions on this. you clearly have your own, and so does everyone else. If you like a "meh good enough" rendition of a PF piece that has the primary selling point as "1/4 SCALE", then that's more power to you. I hope you have fun dropping your $800 on it. I clearly would not.

I will have fun spending $800 on it because it's an amazing piece and I can afford it, maybe you can't so that's why you complain.

Kookie said:
I will have fun spending $800 on it because it's an amazing piece and I can afford it, maybe you can't so that's why you complain.
lol this genius has to bring money into the equation now.

I spend $200 per hour in flight training, do you think this will really phase me? :lol

HEY EVERYONE KOOKIE CAN AFFORD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

First of all, very funny Kookie. Awesome list. :lol

I think this will sell out well but it all ultimately depends on the ES. The question here is: how many is the least they can make for a SW product that is this popular and that they have been working on for years?

The lack of an exclusive is a good sign. One run will show what kind of support this item truly has at $800.

Wow, this does really happen every time a new product is released. My view is this. If accuracy is your main thing, then just stay away from this product. I still think it looks great but if I knew it would eat me up inside to own an inaccurate representation then I would definitely not buy it. To each there own. If more people are bothered by this problem and don't buy it, then Sideshow will certainly learn a lesson. However, I don't think too many people will care in the long run because like I said....it still looks great. :)

The truth is, if it was accurate then it would probably be too long and then people would still complain. The cost would probably be higher and breakage even more of an issue. While I am no SS "fanboy" I do believe there are reasons behind the choice to scale the speeder down.

El Roranous said:
Wow, this does really happen every time a new product is released. My view is this. If accuracy is your main thing, then just stay away from this product. I still think it looks great but if I knew it would eat me up inside to own an inaccurate representation then I would definitely not buy it. To each there own. If more people are bothered by this problem and don't buy it, then Sideshow will certainly learn a lesson. However, I don't think too many people will care in the long run because like I said....it still looks great. :)

The truth is, if it was accurate then it would probably be too long and then people would still complain. The cost would probably be higher and breakage even more of an issue. While I am no SS "fanboy" I do believe there are reasons behind the choice to scale the speeder down.

I agree with this!

El Roranous said:

My guess is that it was a matter of balance. Perhaps the front of the bike would have started to tilt forwards not because of the weight but the length. The nine inches would have affected the overall balance. Remember that this is supported on one pole.

Just speculating. I am sure there was a good reason. Look at all the reference pics these guys were working with over at the production blog.

I'm watching ROTJ right now and the length of the nose actaully seems pretty damn close. If the PF were maybe another inch longer, it would seem perfect.

I know the whole scale thing is a huge debate, but by just looking at the ones in the movie compared to the pics, it honestly looks a lot closer than I originally thought.

Kookie said:
The evolution and nature of obsessive Star Wars fans:

Step 1. A new Star Wars piece is seen for the first time. Star Wars fans embrace and rejoice in the greatness of the product!

Step 2. Someone finds out the price and the quality of the product is immediately put into question.

Step 3. All over the world Star Wars quality engineers...aka obsessive fans...pull out their schematics to compare every square inch of the product to measure accurancy to a millimeter.

Step 4. Someone finds a discrepancy of such small proportion that 99.9% of the world shakes their head and goes who gives a s***.

Step 5. The product is then labeled as inferior and fanatic fanboys go on a quest to destroy the name of the product making everyone else around them miserable.

Step 6. Fanboys boycott the product then come onto forums saying things like "meh, easy pass" or "Their not getting my money until they fix that product the way I want it"

Step 7. The Fanboy still buys said product and actually enjoys it when it arrives and the world moves on until the next announcement.

Just having a little fun with the Star Wars fans :D

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I think it looks pretty darn cool and if I had that kind of disposable income I would get it... But I don't so I won't.

And I'll say that list Kookie is just about right. I'm glad that I don't care about every single minor detail being 100% screen acurate... if I thought that way I would never buy a figure because there is something wrong with all of them.

IMO the ES has pushed the price up. The larger the edition size the cheaper they can offer the item as there's more to sell

I think people will be surprised how low the ES will be

MY guess is 300, maybe 250

People sometimes forget that we are looking at a statue not a replica. With a statue you come to expect comprimises and inaccuracies, they are not going to be screen accurate. If you want true accuracy you look towards a replica and even then you don`t always get 100% accuracy. The overall piece looks incredible and I think Sideshow have done a great job.

Back