Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some of these at two different Meijer stores while I was out of town yesterday. Kind of wish I had picked one up now. Verizon stores are on the list of retailers that are going to carry these and my Sister-in-law works at one, so she should be able to pick one up for me with her employee discount. She hasn't seen them in her store yet but she is going to look into it.

Are you sure those weren't the bigger, cheaper ones at Meijer?

Are you sure those weren't the bigger, cheaper ones at Meijer?

Shouldn't be. Isn't that a Target exclusive right now?

I'm loving this thing still. It's the most fun I've had with a toy in some time and has made me more excited for the movie than any of the other Episode VII toys by far (besides Hot Toys).

Yeah I'm sure they were the smaller Sphero ones. The large one is a Target exclusive. They were $150. One of the Meijer stores had a tablet on the end cap playing the product demo trailer.

Yeah I'm sure they were the smaller Sphero ones. The large one is a Target exclusive. They were $150. One of the Meijer stores had a tablet on the end cap playing the product demo trailer.

The one they had must have been the Sphero Version. The only larger version right now is the Target exclusive.

Just ordered a Furbacca off Amazon.ca, and they have a special going right now where if you spend over $100 (taxes/shipping doesn't count) you get $25 off. So Furbacca was -- of course -- $99.99, so I was .01 off! So I bought a $5.99 X-Wing Hot Wheels that was a part of the deal too, and the total with free shipping for both came out to $80!

$100 for a Chewbacca-like Furby? WOW. That's approximately $90 more than I'd have guessed.

SO i ordered this product at 12:01 on force friday off amazon thinking they would be the best company to order from. It was suppose to be delivered today. But i get a email about an hour ago stating;

"We're sorry to inform you that there is a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay."

Below it says they don't know when its going to come back in stock ... i must of been one of the first people to order off Amazon.... i was refreshing the site until it was posted. Im so annoyed by this and to be honest I'm a pretty easy going guy. But i could have ordered through other sites and i would have had it by now.

Anyone have this same issue with amazon

BTW it isn't a third party company thru amazon, its Amazon

Mine was also prematurely cancelled at Bed Bath.... but I had decided I didn't want this by then anyway and was relieved. Too many issues. Once I read about the baby that got electrocuted, that was it.

Mine was also prematurely cancelled at Bed Bath.... but I had decided I didn't want this by then anyway and was relieved. Too many issues. Once I read about the baby that got electrocuted, that was it.
What a baby got electrocuted?

Ive googled the reviews on this item and i couldn't find anything negative... although they seem to be flooded with news article of how cool the toy is rather then actual user reviews...

Do you have any links to the issues .. not that i don't believe you , I'm just curious

Im tempted to just cancel this , it is almost the price of Leia (which is my next purchase )

SO i ordered this product at 12:01 on force friday off amazon thinking they would be the best company to order from. It was suppose to be delivered today. But i get a email about an hour ago stating;

"We're sorry to inform you that there is a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive this item, please let us know. We apologize for the delay."

Below it says they don't know when its going to come back in stock ... i must of been one of the first people to order off Amazon.... i was refreshing the site until it was posted. Im so annoyed by this and to be honest I'm a pretty easy going guy. But i could have ordered through other sites and i would have had it by now.

Anyone have this same issue with amazon

BTW it isn't a third party company thru amazon, its Amazon

Same here, but I noticed it on Friday. I ordered the instant it came up, and to not have it by now is very irritating.

He was making a joke. You can't electrocute someone with the battery in a BB-8. There isn't enough voltage to get the current through the very high resistance of the human body to the heart.

Oh, the Sphero BB-8 is also a sealed unit, might even be water-tight.

This guy gets me every time ... i think this is the third time this week

the last one was the September Coupon that i kept trying on sideshow lol

The Sphero BB-8 is great. It's tiny but very cute and well made, and the app is slick and well put together just like the Sphero itself. I wish the Sphero itself made sounds as that happens just through your own device, but overall I'm very happy with it.

I have both the Sphero and the Target exclusive Hasbro units. The main difference - aside from size - is that the Sphero definitely has a cool tech gadget vibe, and the Hasbro one is definitely a toy. But it's bigger, has its own controller, and makes sounds - even if it is a little clunky and not as polished as the Sphero. I really like both.

If I could only have one, it'd be the Sphero. But I'm glad I have both.

I like my Sphero BB-8, but I'm a little disappointed with the Android app and how Sphero is handling Android support so far. The Android app still doesn't have the advertised voice commands, while the iOS app has them. iOS can also use some of the other apps for the regular Sphero, but the Android version doesn't seem to be able to use those apps yet. It makes me wish I had a newish iOS device that I could use with my Sphero BB-8 because I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of fun that I could be having right now. I would expect them to get Android up to where iOS is eventually, but I have a feeling this is how it is going to be when they release new stuff for the Sphero BB-8.

Re: Sphero BB-8

I haven't used the voice command once on my iPhone nor any other apps. But I'm a bit of a Luddite, despite having a Sphero and iPhone. I drove it around, do some of the auto commands, throw him on patrol, and try out the hologram when someone asks about it.

Back