Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from watching this film. I didn't like it.

It started out ok, the first act, but there's too much talking, little action. The talking kept going in circles, just redundant and pointless, just like the ending of the film.

The action, messy, CGI heavy, and underwhelming. The multiverse Spidermen were underwhelming. No big intros for them, they just walk into the movie in a kitchen.

Lots of winking at the audience, forced "emotional moments", that will have little to no long-term meaning.

Spiderman 2
Spiderman 1
Homecoming
Into the Spiderverse

are all better than this underwhelming CGI mess. This thing was boring at times. And Dr. Strange can't even beat Spidey in a fight now? Pathetic.

I liked it more than the Garfield films, Far from Home and Spiderman 3 tho.

6/10

Anyone who likes this film better not complain about Matrix having too much talking and little action or being too meta, because this whole film is like one big sketch where people make references for the audience to remember stuff they already knew to begin with.

Very insulting and that’s why I do t look to that company anymore for anything. People put ht on such high pedestals and say they want properties they would never touch with a ten foot pole anymore.

back in 2008-2011 they were very diverse in what they put out. Almost every film had a figure made by them of it was important. Then 2012-2013 hit and it was nothing but marvel city. Nothing but iron men galore.

I agree. There's some collectors here that proudly proclaim they won't buy anything but Hot Toys. I laugh at that. But I suppose if all you like is Star Wars and MCU then maybe you're content in that very small bubble. Which is over by the way.

I agree. There's some collectors here that proudly proclaim they won't buy anything but Hot Toys. I laugh at that. But I suppose if all you like is Star Wars and MCU then maybe you're content in that very small bubble. Which is over by the way.
Right. Besides the prices are getting higher and sometimes the characters rarely change appearance. I find it funny when some say they are waiting for hot toys to tackle a license they’d never touch like jaws, Friday the 13th, Harry Potter or lord of the rings. They aren’t doing that anymore

Anyone who likes this film better not complain about Matrix having too much talking and little action or being too meta, because this whole film is like one big sketch where people make references for the audience to remember stuff they already knew to begin with.
I couldn't give less of a **** about the Matrix or anything else coming out in the near future, No Way Home has been the only movie in the past years that has actually made me go out of my way to watch it at the cinema, I just couldn't miss this one and I'm glad I didn't, the fact it has now scored second best opening day of all time during a pandemic shows I'm not the only one either, I'd rather get fun fanservice that recognizes what the common fan wants than contrived ******** done in an attempt to seem smarter than it actually is, which seems to be what TPTB have been pushing for the past 4 or 5 years.

It was so awesome when the old Spidermen made their triumphant return in a kitchen and interacted with Ned who is magical now because he looks like Wong.

It was great to watch all the old characters give monologues about stuff we already know...over and over and over.

You know what the old Spiderman films needed in the final acts, more Ned and Mj. Yeah!!

So not good. Copy that.
This one is good, coming from someone that doesn't like the previous two version much.

Peters actions have consequences in this movie, and he gets hit hard with those consequences. By the end, or really from the half way point, of the movie it feels like he's finally become the Spider-Man that we all expected to see 5 years ago when he was introduced. He's no longer Iron Boy, he is Spider-Man.

This guy! Wouldn't say proudly, but I go where the quality is. HT is #1 in quality no doubt. BUT that SooSoo Toys Green Goblin is quality. And I just hate to collect figures to collect them, that was me with Hasblow and SS 1/6th back in time. It does help narrow the focus as I'm not getting everything, just selective HT I want. But the price of 2 SooSoo figures for 1 Hot Toy is quite a gap. I am dying for certain characters that are just not in the movie mainstream right now - Ghost Rider, X-Men, comic versions, etc. It is the long burn in riding the Marvel Studios coattail.

I get other licenses. I would die for an awesome Witcher figure. I just can't count on other companies production quality at the moment. I tried Sideshow and they burned me with ESB Fett. I see they burned people with Grievous too. And some 3rd parties I've seen don't keep the quality margin close like HT does from proto to production.

It started out ok, the first act, but there's too much talking, little action. The talking kept going in circles, just redundant and pointless, just like the ending of the film.

The action, messy, CGI heavy, and underwhelming. The multiverse Spidermen were underwhelming. No big intros for them, they just walk into the movie in a kitchen.

Lots of winking at the audience, forced "emotional moments", that will have little to no long-term meaning.

Spiderman 2
Spiderman 1
Homecoming
Into the Spiderverse

are all better than this underwhelming CGI mess. This thing was boring at times. And Dr. Strange can't even beat Spidey in a fight now? Pathetic.

6/10

It was so awesome when the old Spidermen made their triumphant return in a kitchen and interacted with Ned who is magical now because he looks like Wong.

It was great to watch all the old characters give monologues about stuff we already know...over and over and over.

You know what the old Spiderman films needed in the final acts, more Ned and Mj. Yeah!!
Clown's driver's license photo:

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 17-12-12 The_grinch_red webp (WEBP Image, 1078 × 1079 pixels) — Scale...png

Spiderman 2
Spiderman 1
Homecoming
Into the Spiderverse

6/10
I was also taken back by their kitchen intros but it worked by the end because bringing them in last minute during 3rd act battle would’ve been too late me thinks.

Ma Ned was annoying though lol

Last edited:
@Wor-Gar -- today's Hot Toys offerings are boring for a Gen-X'er like me, you're correct; but for the most part I haven't seen other companies rival HT paint apps or overall quality, in spite of their misses from time to time, so it's a no-win situation.

The best quality products overall are mostly boring or irrelevant to me, whereas the more exciting properties fall short of the quality expectations that finally got me into 1/6th in the first place. Seems I had a very narrow window and it's mostly over for me, which is fine since I had my fun, but I don't blame other collectors for sticking to Hot Toys in this scale. I acknowledge there are exceptions out there but perhaps few and far between.

Clown's driver's license photo:

View attachment 551189

The Christmas Grinch indeed. I'm glad people like the film, but I'm still going to give my opinion here. That's what this forum is for, so those who like the film shouldn't take my criticism personally.

I might be getting too old for this type of film or maybe it's the MCU style of writing that just doesn't work for me. The constant humor then forced "drama" is rubber people fighting just doesn't work for me.

Hm. I may wait for Disney Plus. I do like the idea of nixing "Iron Boy."
Ned's Magic Kitchen sounds turrible tho. But could be a decent restaurant name.

Thankfully my wishlist is small for potential Hot Toys I'd buy from this movie:

Tobey Spidey
Doc Ock (w/o red nano-tech arms preferably)
Goblin (make it a deluxe so you can switch between his classic look and final look, and include his glider of course)

Back