Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no denying Dafoe and Molina will forever be iconic whether villain or not in this film, but my standout surprise was still Fox as Electro ..he really made me like Electro again when I was annoyed from ASM 2 . Garfield and Fox had better chemistry in this then ASM 2 imo

Almost as well as Maguire and Dafoe/ Molina and that is saying a lot .

so in other words..if Garfield returns down the line, I wouldn’t mind seeing Fox as Max again
redeem-yourself-dumb-and-dumber.gif

I can see next weeks headlines in the news..” Multiple outbreaks of Omnicrom and Delta reported after the sources pin point to aftermath of NWH screenings on opening weekend “

let’s face it with all the screaming and yelling :lol
There have already been multiple outbreaks following various concerts recently, I expect similar from NWH although presumably people in most venues were masked...? Or not, I can't keep track.

There have already been multiple outbreaks following various concerts recently, I expect similar from NWH although presumably people in most venues were masked...? Or not, I can't keep track.
I’d say for the most part people were masked in theaters ..but I say a lot of countries and some states were not

cB4QHs1.gif

Maybe this movie will cure the virus too...

I can see next weeks headlines in the news..” Multiple outbreaks of Omnicrom and Delta reported after the sources pin point to aftermath of NWH screenings on opening weekend “

let’s face it with all the screaming and yelling :lol

Me leaving the theater after seeing NWH:

joker-movie-joker.gif

ColorlessAmusingJay-size_restricted.gif

Then Omicron takes hold:

BiodegradableNauticalBelugawhale-max-1mb.gif

There is no denying Dafoe and Molina will forever be iconic whether villain or not in this film,
They're both very good and also professional actors. Molina might be doing it for the money, but he gave it his all. And DaFoe genuinely loved the role. They're similar to the Brits in that they know acting is a fortunate job, so they can do everything from pure schlock to theatre and always bring their best. I find that is the best attitude, as lots of actors get lost in how "important" they are. DaFoe and Molina are a class act, period.

Random thought, but Molina's Italian accent really came out when he started getting irritated. The "burrito in a microwave" bit was like Gandolfini had come back from the grave. I liked it it added a bit of an extra layer. DaFoe's Norman alternating between beaten old man and the pure vile that was the Goblin persona was excelent. They really did not miss a bit, and it's been nearly two decades. I definitely need Goblin & Ock figures now.

but my standout surprise was still Fox as Electro ..he really made me like Electro again when I was annoyed from ASM 2 . Garfield and Fox had better chemistry in this then ASM 2 imo

Almost as well as Maguire and Dafoe/ Molina and that is saying a lot .

so in other words..if Garfield returns down the line, I wouldn’t mind seeing Fox as Max again
I'm 50/50 on it. I didn't mind Dillon in TASM2 (though I still am perplexed by the design) and I always found him a sympathetic guy. He was basically Peter but dealt an even worse hand and then getting even more power. Most people would take the Electro route than the Spider-Man route, let's be honest. That made him relatable. NWH Dillon was basically Jaime Foxx playing Jaime Foxx but with a backstory. It worked for me, because I like Jaime Foxx. What irks me is that I really don't care for Electro as a character in a general capacity, so I'll never be able to justify the money for a figure. I feel like Foxx's getting wasted on a B-lister when he could've gotten a more "starring role".

But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing him again if they merge the TASMVerse and the Venomverse. Maybe he returns as an ally, or he goes after power again and he joins some new Sinister Six version, you can still do things with him.

Thousand dollar 3 pack and I'm considering two...one masked, one not... Lord help me.
If I think about what I need from now till the end of 2022 in POs, I'm going to pass out. Screw it, let me try a list.

NWH:
  • Tobey-Man
  • Ock
  • Norman
DSitMoM:
  • Strange
  • Wanda
  • Defender Strange
Misc Marvel:
  • Kang
  • MODOK
  • Black Panther
  • Namor
  • Moon Knight
And then if we go by the rumors they'll have Patrick Stewart Xavier, Jackman Logan, Cruise Stark, Clea, some Lokis and who knows whatever else in MoM.

DC Movies:
  • Battinson
  • Black Adam
  • Doctor Fate
Kenobi:
  • Flashback CW General Kenobi
  • Flashback CW General Skywalker
  • Tatooine Kenobi
  • RotS/Kenobi Vader
And that's still not counting for surprise characters, random licenses and whatever else. Or the figures I already have on PO. It's too much too fast. These will keep coming year after year, so I'll really need to cut back. Think just where I'm going with my displays. Get my priorities in order. Otherwise things will start cluttering very soon. I still have to plan for Ghost Rider, Punisher and the such. And God, we still aren't in the X-Men & FF era. Prices keep rising too. I can't be spending 5K every year.

I really loved the reality of how humanity can instantly turn on a person who fought an alien off world and saved the universe and instantly label them a criminal.

Didn't the fake Mysterio video sort of pinned Mysterio's death on Spiderman because he wanted to take over and be the next Iron Man/ one of the most beloved hero? It can come out that all those past heroism was to serve his own purposes.

It did get me to thinking that the original Avengers + Antman, Nebula, and Rocket may be villains of their own doing as well. The whole snap everybody back really had problematic consequences that nobody really considered because they were more caught up with their immediate losses. It was more of reactionary snap decision rather than well thought out idea. And it's not just Earth that got ****** up again as I'm sure the consequences were universal in scale. Who knows, they could have easily doomed multiple planets when half of their population just suddenly reappeared. Then we can have intergalactic civilizations having a vendetta against Earth for the ***********.

Here we have Earth just calling it a blip. Product of lazy writing.

If I think about what I need from now till the end of 2022 in POs, I'm going to pass out. Screw it, let me try a list.

NWH:
  • Tobey-Man
  • Ock
  • Norman
DSitMoM:
  • Strange
  • Wanda
  • Defender Strange
Misc Marvel:
  • Kang
  • MODOK
  • Black Panther
  • Namor
  • Moon Knight
And then if we go by the rumors they'll have Patrick Stewart Xavier, Jackman Logan, Cruise Stark, Clea, some Lokis and who knows whatever else in MoM.

DC Movies:
  • Battinson
  • Black Adam
  • Doctor Fate
Kenobi:
  • Flashback CW General Kenobi
  • Flashback CW General Skywalker
  • Tatooine Kenobi
  • RotS/Kenobi Vader
And that's still not counting for surprise characters, random licenses and whatever else. Or the figures I already have on PO. It's too much too fast. These will keep coming year after year, so I'll really need to cut back. Think just where I'm going with my displays. Get my priorities in order. Otherwise things will start cluttering very soon. I still have to plan for Ghost Rider, Punisher and the such. And God, we still aren't in the X-Men & FF era. Prices keep rising too. I can't be spending 5K every year.
Let's see theres Book of Boba, Morbius, She Hulk, Batman, Kenobi, DS MoM, Moon Knight, Thor LT, SpiderVerse 2, Black Adam, Andor, The Flash, Panther 2, Ms Marvel, Aquaman and maybe Secret Invasion. Whew!

NWH I would get all 5 villains. Good news that HT has teased Gob/Doc/Electro. Sandman and Lizard are easy molds to me, zero tailoring. Power Pose and done. Yeah, prob Tob and Gar and the Holland final suit. That's 8 LOL :oops:. More than what I got the previous 2 years. Really I need a Matt Murdock figure to make that 9, but HT probably won't make him.

I'll take a Morbius, Battinson, maybe a Kenobi, Moon Knight. Don't think I'll take a variant of Strange as I love my DS1. Got a Thor and DC is really meh to me right now. Black Adam and Doc Fate might be all I want. Batfleck again looks too JL like, I'll stick with BVS Batfleck.
Dear lord, I just realized I might have to have all 3 in 1/4 scale if Iron Studios makes them! Yikes!
I could see someone making a dio of all three on the head of the Statue of Liberty.

With Goblin being the main villain plus the other villains this movie really did fulfill what ASM2 was trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
Also no one has really talked about how Damage Control or DOD is really stockpiling a bunch of tech. Makes you wonder if they could turn into a threat down the road. Also that guy knowing Fury has been off-world means he has high clearance. That Secret Invasion show will answer a lot of questions about the state of Fury and SWORD.

Back