Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that their appearances were done in a comical more civilian type of way..I think everyone would just expect they show up in a intense third act final battle showdown..this way we got a nice surprise and saw what we like and remembered about Garfield and Tobey’s version of Peter.

I thought the Filipino speak was dragging the scene and it was too long and I thought Ned having magical powers was a weak point of the plot
The first mother joke with Andrew worked perfectly with the cobwebs it fit into his arc.

The second one with Tobey went on far too long and made no sense.

The first mother joke with Andrew worked perfectly with the cobwebs it fit into his arc.

The second one with Tobey went on far too long and made no sense.
Actually it was his grandma..but this just goes to show ..it was an unnecessary type of setting for their appearances

Let's see theres Book of Boba, Morbius, She Hulk, Batman, Kenobi, DS MoM, Moon Knight, Thor LT, SpiderVerse 2, Black Adam, Andor, The Flash, Panther 2, Ms Marvel, Aquaman and maybe Secret Invasion. Whew!

NWH I would get all 5 villains. Good news that HT has teased Gob/Doc/Electro. Sandman and Lizard are easy molds to me, zero tailoring. Power Pose and done. Yeah, prob Tob and Gar and the Holland final suit. That's 8 LOL :oops:. More than what I got the previous 2 years. Really I need a Matt Murdock figure to make that 9, but HT probably won't make him.

I'll take a Morbius, Battinson, maybe a Kenobi, Moon Knight. Don't think I'll take a variant of Strange as I love my DS1. Got a Thor and DC is really meh to me right now. Black Adam and Doc Fate might be all I want. Batfleck again looks too JL like, I'll stick with BVS Batfleck.

I could see someone making a dio of all three on the head of the Statue of Liberty.
I didn't even think of Morbius and Fett. I'm trying to "run a tight ship" so to speak, but these things are hitting me at lightning speed and I need to be very cautious. The Spider-Man display was always going to be Raimi Spider-Man, Ock and Goblin; period. Venom temps me at times, but I can at least give it time until they release a version with a symbol 5 years from now. But there are so many things that I want to get at least a single figure to stand as a representative of, and so many others that I want to do a deep dive into, that I'm constantly going back and rethinking it all. For example I'll probably skip Black Adam and Battinson, and get only a Dr. Fate if they make him, as I'll need to go deep into DSitMoM. If the rumours are true then I'll have to set aside cash for a Professor X in his 90s chair (which is looking more likely every day, since in that concept art Wanda was wearing the exact same hoodie and jeans as she does in the NWH leaked trailer) at the very least.

As time goes on I'm limiting my list more and more to only the characters that I have some genuine connection to, so a lot of others that I "just like" will have to go. Between the cost and the clutter, I'm just not into the whole thing. It cheapens the whole hobby and the idea of "high end toys".

I just got back from watching this film. I didn't like it.

It started out ok, the first act, but there's too much talking, little action. The talking kept going in circles, just redundant and pointless, just like the ending of the film.

The action, messy, CGI heavy, and underwhelming. The multiverse Spidermen were underwhelming. No big intros for them, they just walk into the movie in a kitchen.

Lots of winking at the audience, forced "emotional moments", that will have little to no long-term meaning.

[...]
And Dr. Strange can't even beat Spidey in a fight now? Pathetic.
It was so awesome when the old Spidermen made their triumphant return in a kitchen and interacted with Ned who is magical now because he looks like Wong.

It was great to watch all the old characters give monologues about stuff we already know...over and over and over.

You know what the old Spiderman films needed in the final acts, more Ned and Mj. Yeah!!
Like I said already, I liked it, but I agree with all these. It's the OOC & PIS moments I mentioned earlier. The CGI was abhorent, to start off. And as a bigger Strangefan than Spider-Fan these days (funny thing, I got into Doctor Strange through the 90s SM cartoon, so they were always kinda linked for me; then again I got into Iron Man and the FF the same way, and the X-Men had their own show), I did hate how incompetent he came off as. And don't get me started on the Ned nonsense. I always hated kids being better than adults with training, it cheapens the journey you witness the MC take. I agree on the entrances as well, these guys just walk into a kitchen and webshoot some corners. We should've had scenes of them getting through, but I suppose they were going for a "random surprise" bit, and couldn't figure out another way. But still, underwhelming.

I could go on, but I don't know, I liked it. Maybe it's because of those final ten minutes. The Christmas atmosphere, the melancholy, the bittersweet air and yet the image of Peter taking the punches and moving on, even at his lowest point. It wrapped things up rather well and made me see the rest of the trilogy in another light. These days I'm too tired to critique these things too much. As long as I get the dollies and enjoy the 2 hours, I'm more or less satisfied. It's not really a well made movie, and there's tons of things they could've done better. Hell, a week later I'll probably be here going on about how they could've done it much better. But it had that something. Molina & DaFoe reprising their roles from nearly 20 years ago, and genuinely trying, Tobey coming back, Garfield getting his redemption; it had a spark of genuinity in it.

It's been ~4 months since I watched Eva 3.0+1.0 and then I went on to write this huge blogbost about it ending and yadda yadda yadda. 2 weeks later I'd started forgetting about it. Slowly but steadily. You get caught up in the excitement and then it passes like a hollow wind. Now with Spider-Man, between the 90s show, the Raimi movies and all the early videogames, plus the fact that the Ultimate line was the only then-current series I could find floppies for, I basically grew up with the guy. In a way at least, there were others right there next to him. So while I'm not in my full-on Spider-Mode now, this flick brought back certain memories. To the extent of the reactions I saw online? In no way. Eva hit me harder, even if arguably Spider-Man was a bigger part of my life. I suppose because he came so early, there was no "conscious" investment. But it stirred something in me, and that was good enough. Will it hold? I doubt it. But it was something.

What I've come to understand over the years is that everything in pop culture hinges heavily on nostalgia. I grew up with Marvel, and while I did go through my period of trying DC D-listers and scouring demonoid for compilation packs and obscure series, I can't deny that I have a special affection for that place. These are not really well-written pieces of literature, they're fun romps. And they vary in quality, sure, but when you've got an attachment towards something, you tend to be more forgiving. Which is why when all is said and done I'll have an entire wall's worth of Marvel dollies, whereas my DC corner will be a few Batman characters, some Green Lanterns and a handful of Vertigo people. My childhood and teenhood was spent in the Marvelverse and Star Wars, as pillars of IPs (I'm not going to get into vidya like MGS or Kain, or one-off blockbusters and the such, I'm generalising and compressing) that followed me for the next decade+. And in turn, that's where my investment lies as far as "fanaticism" goes.

So when it's all said done, the bit of fanservice that stirred the nostalgic feelings in me, and the satisfying 10 minutes, allow me to ignore the other massive problems. If I like a flick enough to want dollies from it, I'm satisfied. I'll get grumpier later, but for the moment, I'm good. When the figures go up for PO, and when they get to my hands 2 years later and I set them up, I'll be able to look at them and get transported 2 decades back. To those great ToyBiz SM figures, to the era of LOST, Halo and whatever else. And NWH is what'll make that possible, so, if anything, I can give it the "satisfaction" of saying that I liked it.

Last edited:
*sigh* I know right?

"Hey ZE, why's your mother dead?"
"I went to the movies to watch Spider-Man in the middle of a Plague Surge then picked up her meds delivery."

:slap

I mean, that's a worst case scenario I'm imagining, but it's kind of in the ballpark. I can't justify quarantining myself for 2 weeks over a superhero film.
You're doing the right thing. Everyone in my immediate family is fully vaccinated (including boosters) and we still wore our masks throughout the movie, but sadly we were definitely in the minority on that front.

Of all the villains, I think the two best ones were Goblin and Electro. Goblin's laugh and voice were great. His first fight with Spiderman was probably the best fight in the film.

Electro was basically Jamie Foxx, but that's an upgrade over his previous version.

Molina is still great as Dock Ock, but he was kind of underused a bit.

I also have mixed feelings about Peter Parker's actions in the film. He's a real **** up in the movie. Everything that happens is his fault, so he's just trying to fix his mess.

First Peter messes up the spell, then

he doesn't want to send the villains home, which causes Aunt May's death. Peter literally took Goblin to May's apartment, and in the end, he has to have everyone's memories of him erased, which is way worse than Strange's initial spells that Peter didn't like. Peter is his own worst enemy in this film, not the villains.

Do you guys think this is the real Dr. strange that showed up in the final act. I have my suspicions..It’s not really him

He seemed much calmer and more understanding with everything when he was so angry before and telling Peter there shouldn’t be anymore spells cast thus chasing after Peter for the box and he kept blaming Peter for botching his spell ..all of a sudden , Peter makes a suggestion for the final spell and then Strange is all for it..hmmm. Also when spidey left that the dimension through the portal ..they showed Strange being tangled by something .

What if Ned opened a portal by accident and another version of Strange went through

It was so awesome when the old Spidermen made their triumphant return in a kitchen and interacted with Ned who is magical now because he looks like Wong.

It was great to watch all the old characters give monologues about stuff we already know...over and over and over.

You know what the old Spiderman films needed in the final acts, more Ned and Mj. Yeah!!

See, this was actually a major thing that I loved about it. When I left the cinema I said to my friend ‘oh my god I almost nipped out to the loo during that MJ/Ned scene as I expected it to be the best time’ and then BOOM.

Considering all the spoilers/non spoilers and conjecture, the fact that they still managed to surprise with when and how they revealed what most people already knew/hoped for; kudos to them on that.

Actually it was his grandma..but this just goes to show ..it was an unnecessary type of setting for their appearances
Trying to think of the technical justification to it. Like breaking through the tension of the moment, some jokes to offset the "wtf are you doing here" to "I'm Spider-Man" and bringing some laughter to the absurdity of it all. Been like that through all 3 movies though.

You're doing the right thing. Everyone in my immediate family is fully vaccinated (including boosters) and we still wore our masks throughout the movie, but sadly we were definitely in the minority on that front.
Yeah, my main concerns are my own current lack of a booster and with doing a lot for my mother these days, even more so due to Plague -- even fully vaxxed and boostered up, she's very high risk for complications from any kind of respiratory illness, so I take extra precautions.

Prior to vaccinations, I was unknowingly exposed to the 'VID in spite of taking many precautions, and that was a very bad couple of weeks worrying about her.

At the time Dune was a calculated (low) risk for myself only but the numbers weren't remotely what they are now, and it was pre-Omicron etc. etc.

I'll be a little more at ease after everyone has boosters again and we know more. This thing isn't going away any time soon so I predict some ups and downs.

Of all the villains, I think the two best ones were Goblin and Electro. Goblin's laugh and voice were great. His first fight with Spiderman was probably the best fight in the film.

Electro was basically Jamie Foxx, but that's an upgrade over his previous version.

I also have mixed feelings about Peter Parker's actions in the film. He's a real **** up in the movie. Everything that happens is his fault, so he's just trying to fix his mess.

he doesn't want to send the villains home, which causes Aunt May's death. Peter literally took Goblin to May's apartment, and in the end, he has to have everyone's memories of him erased, which is way worse than Strange's initial spells that Peter didn't like. Peter is his own worst enemy in this film, not the villains.
That Goblin fight was crazy. We really got to see how truly powerful he can be if he didn’t care. I think he was holding back in Spider-Man 1 because he wanted Raimi man to join him . But with Holland Spidey..he was like “ Kid you better not make me go away…because I’m going to flatten you punk! “

Yes Peter was somewhat selfish and making some really bad decisions but then I rememered that people 40 years older than him make worse mistakes and decisions.

Funny how the Holland verse can really effect the Tobeyverse.

If Iron man was in the Tobey verse there will be no Doc Ock

Otto: ” the Inhibitor chip..is gone! “

Tony: “ Turn around..I have the tech to fix you up in minutes ..no need to go mental pal “

Was anybody confused how Peter was able to control the box when Strange zapped his body out of him into the astroplane ..how did that happen because what’s her name did it to Hulk Banner in EG and he couldn’t do squat :horror

Was anybody confused how Peter was able to control the box when Strange zapped his body out of him into the astroplane ..how did that happen because what’s her name did it to Hulk Banner in EG and he couldn’t do squat :horror

I think his Spidey sense had something to do with it. It was going off in that moment.

Back