SS 1:6 Scale Commander Bly!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, how long you guys been collecting these things?!?! The Velcro in the thigh armor has been done for several clones back!

Maybe you guys just buy certain ones :huh

It's Velcro in the thigh armor and a small piece of neoprene in the shin armor.
It's SSCs attempt to prevent the armor from spinning like a weather vane around the legs. It's a marginal improvement at best. IMHO, the armor still fits the body a tad bit too loosely.

I like your Thire. How did you do it? I was considering converting my shock trooper into a Thire a couple months ago. Yours turned out great!

Commander Thire, Rex, Bly and Cody. I absolutely love these things.

100_1376.jpg

Yeah, its velcro. Sometimes you have to take the leg apart a bit to adjust it a bit higher on the thigh.

This is a very nice figure...not Hot Toys nice but not HTs price either.

I gotta say the olive color seems a tad off from memory but it's probably on model. I still hate the ankle joint design and hope SSCs eventually redesigns it. But at least they provide an individual joint for all the hands & feet. Unlike Hot Toys who only provide 2 sets of wrist joints for 5-6 sets of hands.

I like your Thire. How did you do it? I was considering converting my shock trooper into a Thire a couple months ago. Yours turned out great!

I cast the Pauldron, guns, holsters, ammo packs. But I was able to get the skirt firm TA.

100_1378.jpg

100_1380.jpg

100_0919.jpg

Just a note. Discussion of casting your own armor is fine but any discussion of selling/commissions for casted armor will be deleted.

Just got my Quantum and he'll be here this Thursday! I'm a little surprised at how fast the shipping's scheduled for this guy. Great news. :rock

Back