SS 1:6 Scale Commander Bly!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a chance for a quick look between shifts today...just a couple of quick shots....

BLY-03.gif

He's one impressive clone...

BLY-05.gif

I think he looks good. Only one thing sticks out though - those doggone straps. Not long enough and fastened onto the kama wrong. Can't even get the look there is on the box pics. Ah well...it's not a deal-breaker...I may try and fix (or replace) them myself though.

More shots over the weekend...now, back to watching the BR's...

Man, I noticed the SAME thing about the straps and looked on here to see if everyone else's was the same. Don't look quite natural. Still a great figure.

Got it at 5:45pm yesterday. I really like it. I like the paint job on it a lot. He looks really cool. Same issue as everyone else with the straps attached to the kama. Hopefully Sideshow fixes that on any future commanders they release. The left arm on mine is a little loose so had a hard posing mine to hold the barrel on the left hand. kept dropping. Overall i'm really happy with it, no big deal breakers.

So has anyone gotten the visor/binoculars (whatever they're really called) placed on the helment the way they look in the film. I got mine up over the black line on the helmet(like jedibear's picture) but it started to feel like I was forcing it too much so I left it there as I was afraid it would break.

:ignore::ignore::ignore:

it's not possible!

You know it to be true. Search your feelings. :vader

Wow, that's saying a lot.

I mean it. They're a bit like comparing lemons and oranges, but I think the lemon effect is much cooler. Cody doesn't have any design flaws, but I like how the kama straps lie on mine, so that levels the field. The only thing left is presence, and Bly wins.

I gotta agree. I love Cody's helmet more, but Bly's visors is al pretty cool, but kama, pauldron, and pistols are what puts him on top

ODK- I haven't gotten my visor to move up any further than JB's either. Really too bad. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice to achieve the same look that's displayed on the box.

ODK- I haven't gotten my visor to move up any further than JB's either. Really too bad. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice to achieve the same look that's displayed on the box.

thanks for the info. I can live without being able to lift it higher if it prevents me from breaking it.

I am really digging the paint on him. I am so glad I didn't pass on him. Just wish I had Aayla.

I just got mine today and noticed the Ep II helmet binocs are no longer attached by CG magic to the helmet, but Sideshow creatively has them swivelling at the 'ears'. I was wondering how that would be delt with.

I just got mine today and noticed the Ep II helmet binocs are no longer attached by CG magic to the helmet, but Sideshow creatively has them swivelling at the 'ears'. I was wondering how that would be delt with.

Before he was actually released I thought for sure they'd be attached by magnets or something. Those original pics just had them sort of stuck on.

Seems like magnets would have been the ideal choice here. Considering the whole "Force" gimmick with the magnets was started by SSCs, I would have expected them to integrate the use of them more in the general offerings.

This would have worked out perfectly for Bly to give him that CG visor look...and afforded it greater range of motion.

Just got mine, everything looks great, i dont see what the fuss about the kama straps is about :dunno

Makes me wanna get rex now :(

I think SSC should make a Felucian trooper now to compliment this badboy.

EDIT: this is the first time i've been able to grab the Ex base, but i though it was in addition to the standard, it'll look odd next to the standard Cody.

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday. Love the figure but was a tad disappointed the visor could not be risen enough on the helmet to match the film or the photos. The eye goggle piece gets in the way. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have this design flaw.

Also not digging the yellow paint on his cheeks. Is he a little kid at the carnival or something?

Last edited:
I don't know if the goggles getting in the way is a design flaw or a production flaw. One of mine sticks out a little further than the other and it seems to be the one stopping it from moving any higher. Can't really get in there to fix it though.

I got mine yesterday. Love the figure but was a tad disappointed the visor could not be risen enough on the helmet to match the film or the photos. The eye goggle piece gets in the way. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have this design flaw

I don't know if the goggles getting in the way is a design flaw or a production flaw. One of mine sticks out a little further than the other and it seems to be the one stopping it from moving any higher. Can't really get in there to fix it though.

I think its a design flaw, it would go if not for the eyepeices

Is this on the Phase I or II helmet?? I'm posing my loose one with the Phase II.

Back