Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

Thanks, im not mad, I just want a good set. She is my favorite character.

So I gotta ask your opinion since she's your favorite character...Gambit or Magneto?

(and just checked my email, I also got my waitlist confirmation email for both heads)

Last edited:

So I gotta ask your opinion since she's your favorite character...Gambit or Magneto?

(and just checked my email, I also got my waitlist confirmation email for both heads)

Haha, call me crazy but I actually want her with Cyclops. They are the two most consistent X Men and hold everything together. I dont think Magnus or Gambit are good enough. If her and gambit havent figured it out yet than I think they ever will. He needs to get out of that friend zone. Magneto, well, I think its just a phase.

However, thought it is not official yet I strongly feel she will go the East Coast with Gambit. If she doesnt, I think that group will be significantly weaker than the West Coast team.

Since your up to date on your readings, what do you think.

I'm a bit confused. The SSC site says a shipping date for the "Regular Rogue" in October. Will they wait for replacement heads on those as well or just ship out as is? :confused:

Haha, call me crazy but I actually want her with Cyclops. They are the two most consistent X Men and hold everything together. I dont think Magnus or Gambit are good enough. If her and gambit havent figured it out yet than I think they ever will. He needs to get out of that friend zone. Magneto, well, I think its just a phase.

However, thought it is not official yet I strongly feel she will go the East Coast with Gambit. If she doesnt, I think that group will be significantly weaker than the West Coast team.

Since your up to date on your readings, what do you think.

You'd think I'd say Gambit. I probably like Gambit more than I like Rogue, but my choice for Rogue, at least for now: No One.

Because we read for years it's easy to forget that time passes slowly in the comics. Jubilee debuted in 88/89 at approx 13 (it's been retconned a few times though). It's 2011 and she's 17. That means 4 years have passed in X-Men comics since then (technically...). Gambit joined right after her. So someone like Gambit has only been an X-Man for around 4 years to the characters. Couple that with Rogue being stated as 18 in UXM #182 (1984), logic would say she's still in her early/mid 20s now (but it's comic time...changes with whoever's writing at the moment).

So she's young. She needs more stories by herself. Her experience with Cody defined her for a long time. Her relationship with Gambit defined her place in the X-Men after he joined. And somehow this Magneto crap keeps coming back when the original Savage Land Romance was all that it ever needed to be.

I'd like to see stories of her with no love interest and have the super strength and flight back. Go on adventures and kick ass like she should. Then...maybe...end up with Gambit, but MUCH later.

But yeah, it's confirmed, she'll be over East in the same tired love triangle.

@ Skiman, Congrats and I would wish you luck, but I think you already know the luck on this piece...:lol

P1070342.jpg

:exactly:

I'm a bit confused. The SSC site says a shipping date for the "Regular Rogue" in October. Will they wait for replacement heads on those as well or just ship out as is? :confused:

Considering I got the e-mail saying that the regular is being charged to my card on Monday Oct 31, I take it they ain't waiting.

Best Rogue EVAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

109_1886.jpg

109_1887.jpg

Prolly as clean as I'll get, I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

Also the white hair piece is a different type of softer resin than the rest of the sculpt. (just a tidbit on those that are scared of it breaking) :monkey1

Back