SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, ha, wtf?!? Sandworm. :rotfl

Yup. A big, black, ribbed sandworm. And two big Death Star balls. That's why The Emperor doesn't wear pants.

TorturePalpatine2321.jpg

Strange... for the first time in a long time I am missing WorGar's Kinky Kitchen. :monkey2

Dude, this figure was so made for my kitchen. He's got this milk white pro body...so funny those white legs against the black robes.

And with the grimacing, straining face... oh man, the terrible things I could pose him doing.

Aaaaaand I'd reall like some new pics to bring us away from where this thread is going....

I know, I participated. But it was more fun when it was just innuendo.

Aaaaaand I'd reall like some new pics to bring us away from where this thread is going...

Here's a buttload...

EmperorCU1.jpg

EmperorCU7.jpg

EmperorCU2.jpg

EmperorCU6.jpg

EmperorCU4.jpg

EmperorCU3.jpg

Warm light, so he doesn't look as gray.... in hand he's very gray and awesome.

These pics are more to show the sculpt expressions you can get and the texture of the robe which is really nice.

One thing I noticed that kind of bugs me now is the clasp -- seems a little small. Maybe it really is, not too sure. Maybe I got used to the oversized Hasbro version.

Thanks again. WG, for the added pics. You managed to get some really great looks outta that single head sculpt.

Which now got me thinking. Is the other head sculpt really that bad? I can't imagine that Sideshow would screw up a neutral expression when the exclusive is so good.

Bless you, sir.

:D

This is the first figure I've seen where the separated neck works so seemlessly with the sculpt that it looks sculpted to the eye.

I hope they start sculpting ALL necks. It just looks great.

Incidently, I pushed the head down all the way and still have neck showing. Just pull the tunic down a bit.

The tunic is a nice stitching in contrast to the fabric of the robe. The choice of material is really nice, considering there's not too much to this figure. But the two pieces of clothing are great, the sculpt's great, the hand's are really nice...especially the left hand that has a very "Palpy" finger pose going on. Cane's nice and shiny.

All in all, seriously one of Sideshow most successful finished items. Right up there with everyone's favorite, Ben. But Palps has a much better paint job I'd say. No shine. No doll dot. Maybe a few too many age spots but given how he's mostly hidden behind his hood I don't even see them.

Home-run, baby!

Thanks for the pics Wor-Gar, I am no Devil666 but I like this shot and added a cool blue photo filter to give it that JEDI throne room feel.

palpy.jpg

Thank you, sirs

Thanks again. WG, for the added pics. You managed to get some really great looks outta that single head sculpt.

Which now got me thinking. Is the other head sculpt really that bad? I can't imagine that Sideshow would screw up a neutral expression when the exclusive is so good.

Well, you tell me...

sculptcomp.jpg

The reg sculpt is just so passive and almost wistful... the eyes. And the entire mouth/jaw looks like someone else.

Here's the mighty Emperor straight out of the box when you get him...

EmperorArrives7.jpg

Something tells me the sudden excess of Ex Emps is gonna sell out quickly.

Back