SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar's pics sealed the deal for me.

I had pre-ordered the exclusive and then cancelled. But now his pics show just how amazing the exclusive noggin looks with the fig and it's a must-get.

Just reordered it.

:clap

You'll be happy with this one.

As I said, I have a feeling as more pics surface, that strangely available EX Emp is gonna sell out fast. And like the T-1000 donut head, I don't expect to see too many loose grimace heads around.

Thankfully I had some rewards points available so I was able to cut the price some.

I too feel that the exclusive version will hold it's value. That grimacing headsculpt is just amazing. I'm not a fan of the regular sculpt, though. It would have been better if it had that evil smile instead. Then one would have gotten the two extremes.

I don't understand why so many people dumped this. Major character, great sculpt (even before in hand pics), limited exclusive. Pricey, but still. Too have so many available after selling out.

No kidding right?!!!
Crazy!!!

Anyway, here's a few quick pics of mine, no major futzing:

DSC06407.jpg

DSC06408.jpg

DSC06410.jpg

DSC06413.jpg

DSC06414.jpg

DSC06415.jpg

DSC06416.jpg

My only gripe...
the cane is too short IMO...

DSC06417.jpg

Last edited:
COOL PIX!

And yes, I agree, I found the cane to be on the short side also. I hunched mine over and bent his knees to compensate. He did hunch when he walked with his cane so I guess it's accurate, but still...

I love that left hand with the up-pinky.

No kidding right?!!!
Crazy!!!

Anyway, here's a few quick pics of mine, no major futzing:

DSC06407.jpg

DSC06408.jpg

DSC06410.jpg

DSC06413.jpg

DSC06414.jpg

DSC06415.jpg

DSC06416.jpg

My only gripe...
the cane is too short IMO...

DSC06417.jpg

I don't understand why so many people dumped this. Major character, great sculpt (even before in hand pics), limited exclusive. Pricey, but still. Too have so many available after selling out.

That was the reason I cancelled, (not that $95 is a lot). Bad timing. Rewards points helped in the end.

That was the reason I cancelled, (not that $95 is a lot). Bad timing. Rewards points helped in the end.

Exact same reason for me. It's a VERY basic figure with the only accessory being the cane and at a price of $95, it's just too expensive. I was saving the reward points but decided to use them on this guy. It was exclusive noggin or nothing, for me. Not to mention the fact that if I had no reward points, it would have been no figure for me...

Passing on the throne, I had no use for the normal head (which looks too ____ing happy anyway - WTF?! Bob Ross Palpatine?! :lol), and Sideshow cheaping out on $2 lightning kinda makes that grimacing head useless. :huh

I lost interest after the official pics in the throne alongside Vader. I sold my SS Vader because I didn't like the look alongside Palps. I figured no Palps no need for Vader. Now all the in hands pics prompted me to order the Palps exclusive.

Back to looking for Vader :slap

I am still undecided about the throne....

Passing on the throne, I had no use for the normal head, and Sideshow cheaping out on $2 lightning kinda makes that grimacing head useless. :huh

Lightning would really look great with this sculpt, IF the lightning looked good in static form. Not sure that ever really works too well.

But still, over expressive or not, the head in hand and at scale just looks really mean and works better than I thought it would when standing.

I didn't get the throne either...yet... but I'd like to if can find it for $60 or so.... in like a year.

Back