SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened him up tonight and futzed him a bit, probably going to water treat the outer robe but I think he looks fantastic. Home run by Sideshow. I switched to the EX head right away and took a quick shot.

You have paid the price for your lack of vision!
100_3880.jpg

Nice shot bro!! :rock

I'm not understanding the complaints about no pants. Pants are not accurate, and the inner robe which is accurate was not listed on the order page.

We traded inaccuracy for accuracy. I thought we were just making fun of Sideshow for making the Emperor pantsless. It's not like they charged us more for something they didn't include.

I'm flying out the door to work and only have time for one quick pose and one quick pic, but I have to say ... I like him. :rock Now bring me a pair of Royal Guards, Sideshow, to complete the effect. :)

Two important notes...

1) If your cane's too short, then you're posing him wrong. The Emperor stoops. Visibly. Adjust the posture of your figure to match.

2) Might be the photos that were posted, but I just don't get the claims against the likeness in the exclusive head. I love it. :love

4955165414_7710954840.jpg

I'm not understanding the complaints about no pants. Pants are not accurate, and the inner robe which is accurate was not listed on the order page.

We traded inaccuracy for accuracy. I thought we were just making fun of Sideshow for making the Emperor pantsless. It's not like they charged us more for something they didn't include.

It was good natured mocking, really, but I think a lot of people would have liked to see pants under the robes. He DID where pants under the robes.

I'm not understanding the complaints about no pants. Pants are not accurate

You heard it here, Ian McDiarmid went commando beneath his Emperor duds on the set of RotJ. :monkey4
Liked a good breeze up his darkside I suppose.

and with my ex Palpy arriving today, I bit the bullet on a throne for $100 shipped. More than I wanted to pay but I didn't want to keep hunting around to shave of just a couple more bucks.

I'm fine with the lack of pants. At this scale, a pair of pants would only serve to bulk up under the robes. Palpatine was one emaciated dude. That would have been inaccurate.

I'm fine with what I paid. It's a solid figure, very menacing in both headsculpts, and it will look fantastic in my display. :clap

The other interesting thing about achieving the "correct" stooped pose is that it helps show the great neck detail...well done, indeed!

1) If your cane's too short, then you're posing him wrong. The Emperor stoops. Visibly. Adjust the posture of your figure to match.
4955165414_7710954840.jpg

First, am amazing pic. Second, care to elaborate on how to adjust the posture to match the cane.

I don't have him yet therefore, I cannot visualize what your saying.

Back