SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second, care to elaborate on how to adjust the posture to match the cane.

I don't have him yet therefore, I cannot visualize what your saying.

Hunched...

Meg+sketch-06+small.jpg

Now I have burned this image into your non-visualization. :lol

1) If your cane's too short, then you're posing him wrong. The Emperor stoops. Visibly. Adjust the posture of your figure to match.

img]https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/4955165414_7710954840.jpg[/img]

Exactly!!! I did the same with my Emperor yesterday, and he looks awesome. I had to turn his stand post over to the side of one of his legs though....you could see a bulge on his back due to his leaning, but because of his awesome robe, it isn't seen on the side. :yess:

I forgot to mention the material used for the robe is great. It is somewhat heavy, and really allows you to shape it well. I'm very happy with my Palps!!!

Received my exclusive palps last night, a simple figure but works really well, I put the EX head on straight away, almost feel like getting a second to have posed standing as I have the throne

Great SSC release... I'm not even going to try to compete with Rook for pics but I just took a few quick snaps-- The Exclusive head looks great as he sits on the throne...

With flash...

Without flash...

Last edited by a moderator:
i am having a little bit of an issue with the inside of the robe's hood... it is always having to be tucked in both on the top of Palps head and to the side... is this common (i don't understand why it wasn't sewn to the top of the hood).

I'm not sure what people are trying to achieve with a pose for holding the cane, but trying to set up photos last night, I had him holding the cane at his side trying to match a ROTJ publicity shot and it touched the table surface, seemed right to me.

Nice work Rook.

thanks, Jim. Sideshow hit a homerun here.

as to the question about the best way to give this figure the Emperor's Characteristic stoop, it's fairly simple. just lean him forward a bit at the waist, bend his knees ever-so-slightly, and adjust his head/neck to compensate.

A possible option for those with the exclusive wanting to put both heads to use in their display at once. It'd require an extra body and all, but it is an option, I think the Ex. head works great for a dueling Ep3 Sidious.

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

Master Yoda... you're alive.

Works nice, but I don't want to waste a good OT head on a PT fig.

That said, I'd love to see some good close ups of the original Sidious next to the new Emperor. If I remember correctly, that Sidious head wasn't bad, just a poor paint job.

That last shot looks like he's giving me the...pinky.

I'm really loving your pics, Maulfan!! Just amazing work. Can't wait to see the "in-film" series that I assume is happening?

Innevitably, I'm actually taking stills now both for that and just for some lighting scenario refrences.

There's a shot where it's quite clear, there's a small spotlight inside the top of the chair, getting photos to match that exactly isn't going to happen so I'll just do my best to match the exterior lighting.

Couldn't resist sharing this for a laugh, a rare chance for mispainted eyes to be accurrate :lol

palpeyes.jpg

Last edited:
A possible option for those with the exclusive wanting to put both heads to use in their display at once. It'd require an extra body and all, but it is an option, I think the Ex. head works great for a dueling Ep3 Sidious.

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

awesome pics Sean!!!
Have never done the lit lightsabres before....what would i need to do that?Photoshop?is it hard to do?

Haven't seen such an enthusiastic and great group of photos for a Star Wars figure in a while...

Here's another quick review of just some of the great shots coming in for this one...

Man, these shots just so how great this one must be! Keep 'em coming, folks! I've got another week before the Dark Lord lands up here and until then, I'm enjoying all these pics!

Back