SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i futzed the figure for a long time. here's what i got. it was hard to get the lighting right. i got the neck to show pretty good i think. if you want the cane to touch the ground just hunch the figure a bit and don't push the wrist peg all the way into the arm. leave it out a few notches.

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

Those shots came out great Craw, you Sideshow ass kisser :pfft:
thanks. he's a great figure. not as fun as Firefly but great nonetheless.

i think mine has two right boots though. it's hard to tell because the boots are kinda symetrical and i think the pro feet help shape the soft rubber a little but i'm fairly certain they are both the same. how's everybody else's boots?

Excellent pics guys!:rock

And thanks for that tip about the wrist peg, Craw. That did the trick. Cane works well now. Still a tad short but definitely not useless as I thought before.

Mine should have arrived yesterday, but seems FedEx miscalculated the transit time and yesterday it was still in Paris LOL. It seems it might arrive tomorrow or in the worst case on Monday. I "love" FedEx

For the first time some pics taken of the regular head that look perfect. That means the head needs better lighting and/or repaint (especially the lips)

MaulFan, those pics look like they are lifesize reference pictures from RotJ. Excellent work. Really excellent. :clap

Thanks everyone, glad you liked them, I haven't really gotten to the stuff I really want to do yet, because of him being pure black and almost pure white, he poses some lighting challenges, plus the hood, I tried using my usual room lighting last night but it doest really work for him, the way natural light comes in works so I'll exploit that when I can and the 3 recent shots were with my flash so I'll be putting that to more use.

For the first time some pics taken of the regular head that look perfect. That means the head needs better lighting and/or repaint (especially the lips)

Because 90% of Palpatine's screen time in the saga, in his deformed state, is with his hood on, it takes certain lighting to make the figure look more like he does on screen. Even though photos lie a bit, I find that to the eye, as long as you've got light hitting him from a high angle where it casts shadows on his face, he should look like people expect him to.

Originally Posted by Customikey

P9020126.jpg

This is a pose I really like: angry face on the throne and not looking like him being constipated. :clap I'll do something similar with mine. The guys at FedEx called and apologized for the delay saying maybe tomorrow the "doll" will come to me. :lol

Because 90% of Palpatine's screen time in the saga, in his deformed state, is with his hood on, it takes certain lighting to make the figure look more like he does on screen. Even though photos lie a bit, I find that to the eye, as long as you've got light hitting him from a high angle where it casts shadows on his face, he should look like people expect him to.

My point exactly

Yeah, I guess those shots are alright Sean....pffft...:rolleyes:

I swear, give a man a camera and he thinks hes a f'n photographer. :cuckoo:

While the figure itself is adequate, i have to chime in with (as EF says) my broken record. I feel stupid having paid $90 for this very basic figure which should have been made at a time when the figures were $50. There really isn't anything special going on here. The character is a necessity for the collection and the ex head was a must, so it was 1 of the few recent figures I direct ordered. I just can't help feeling ripped off compared to other figures.

Oh well. I will be waiting for a deal on the throne.

While the figure itself is adequate, i have to chime in with (as EF says) my broken record. I feel stupid having paid $90 for this very basic figure

Feel the exact same way. Like I said earlier, I opened him, futzed for about 3 minutes and thought..."huh, what now?".

So far removed from the Joe figures and most HT figs. Thats not to say there is anything wrong with the figure, just the price seems bloated for such a basic fig. The extra head sculpt is great, but for the price at least some more hands would have been nice. Or have been about $20 cheaper. Oh well.

Back