SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seans pix are making me want to pick up the throne. Thankfully my lack of space will save me the money :lol

I'm flying out the door to work and only have time for one quick pose and one quick pic, but I have to say ... I like him. :rock Now bring me a pair of Royal Guards, Sideshow, to complete the effect. :)

Two important notes...

1) If your cane's too short, then you're posing him wrong. The Emperor stoops. Visibly. Adjust the posture of your figure to match.

2) Might be the photos that were posted, but I just don't get the claims against the likeness in the exclusive head. I love it. :love

4955165414_7710954840.jpg

Cool pic Rook. But I guess people were not complaining about the EX head but about the regular. And the cane is too short, the 1:1 MR prop replica comes above my hip being about 100 cm long. The SS didn't make it quite 1:6

Is it possible MR's prop was too long? The screencap a few pages back of the Emperor with his cane makes it look like it was just long to reach the floor from his hand hanging at his side.

Is it possible MR's prop was too long? The screencap a few pages back of the Emperor with his cane makes it look like it was just long to reach the floor from his hand hanging at his side.

Not that I know of and I searched quite a bit about the cane before getting the MR one.

Crimson-guard.jpg

No, the cane is definitely too short. Ian didn't have to hunch over like an old lady to use it. The two scenes he used it, he wasn't bending his knees or slouching too much. He just seems to be jutting his neck and rolling his shoulders a bit.

I understand people have managed to get it to look fine with some work, but the fact is, he's standing pretty erect here, and still has to bend his elbow to use the cane. It's too short. Does it break the figure? No, but it's a weird QC issue for Sideshow to fall victim too when they've scaled other more intricate accessories so well.

By the way, am I the only one who's just a bit annoyed that his feet dangle when he lays back on the throne?

It is great to see everyones awesome skill with the camera on this Emperor figure!!
Cannot wait to get him in hand.
Currently,mine is in honolulu-with no pants-awaiting to board a plane to OZ :p

Palps arrived. He lost his pants in the travel to Paris (FedEx kept him a day more there) but he's finally here - pics directly from the package, no futzing yet:

sideshowemperorpalpatin.jpg

Lord Vader go and get my pants!!

sideshowemperorpalpatin.jpg

Last edited:
No, the cane is definitely too short. Ian didn't have to hunch over like an old lady to use it. The two scenes he used it, he wasn't bending his knees or slouching too much. He just seems to be jutting his neck and rolling his shoulders a bit.

I understand people have managed to get it to look fine with some work, but the fact is, he's standing pretty erect here, and still has to bend his elbow to use the cane. It's too short. Does it break the figure? No, but it's a weird QC issue for Sideshow to fall victim too when they've scaled other more intricate accessories so well.

Not sure why others are having a problem, by I can stand my Palpatine like that photo and have his cane touch the surface he's on.

WOW Maulfan that pic is unbelievable :horror
Did you do something with the robe? Or is this how the robe looks out of the box?

Well, I just use the wire in his sleeves and hood to pose them properly, otherwise I haven't done anything really with his costume.

The pants thing, while funny, is even more glaring when you see that Bib Fortuna, a relatively minor character, not only has pants, but several other extras we never saw him handle in the film.

Geez, the oversights keep mounting on this poor monarch! Good thing he's a great figure in and of himself!

Has anyone tried using the Diamond quarter scale Emperor figures cane?

Big cane you want..big cane you get. lol

I see what you're saying. And yeah, it is bizarre that measurement doesn't appear to have entered the equation at any point along the line.

Has anyone tried using the Diamond quarter scale Emperor figures cane?

Big cane you want..big cane you get. lol

You know, I did consider briefly getting one of these to repaint and customize to see how it would look, but in person it was just too mediocre for words.

Good review, Customikey. After having this figure for two days the only thing that truly bugs is the height issue. He is at least one full head shorter than he should be. He's a pretty talll guy and comes up to Vader's helmet tusks or so......not his chest. Vader is too tall, and this guy is too short.....they look wrong together.

I hate the pro body scale issues thus far.

Back