SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the height, I think the main thing would be brining Vader down. The Emperor might be a bit too short, but it's more Vader towering over the entire SW line that throws those 2 off, hopefully a ROTJ Vader will see some mods to the body to make them look better together.

006-2.jpg

Funny Anzik.

Horrific Earl's path of destruction has led him to my doorstep and the patio furniture is now moist... So here are some more pics... (JB, please don't quote any alongside the more proficient photohogs--- mine are embarrassing in comparison)...

And a couple without flash...

Does it come with the U or C type display base?
C ring thank god. the U ring would look like he has something trying to poke out from under his robes. i hope Sideshow really re-evalutes their choices behind switching stand types. the c-ring can be easily hid. the u ring can't.

Regarding the accessories-per-dollar ratio, has anyone considered that a not-so-minor element of the cost of this figure might just be the different cloth used for his outer robe? I don't know a lot about the pricing of cloth, but I'd guess that not all cloth is created equal, and that which was used for The Emperor's robe is clearly superior to what we've had before.

Also, I wish I could bring myself to take more photos of him, but I'm still tweaking the initial pose and staring at the results. This figure fascinates me. I haven't been this pleased with a Star Wars figure in months. CW Anakin might have come close, but this even blows him away.

I still find it difficult to justify the price point of this figure regardless of the outer robe material utilized. This figure, as impressive as it is, is simply bare-bones.

If it wasn't for reward points, I would have not purchased it immediately and instead waited for the eventual discount sale elsewhere.

Still, it's an impressive figure, no doubt.

I still find it difficult to justify the price point of this figure regardless of the outer robe material utilized. This figure, as impressive as it is, is simply bare-bones.

If it wasn't for reward points, I would have not purchased it immediately and instead waited for the eventual discount sale elsewhere.

Still, it's an impressive figure, no doubt.

The ex will more than likely never be on a discount. Reg for sure though.

Also, i think i like Rook's pics better than MF'S. (for clarity reasons) But both are good!

Good review, Customikey. After having this figure for two days the only thing that truly bugs is the height issue. He is at least one full head shorter than he should be. He's a pretty talll guy and comes up to Vader's helmet tusks or so......not his chest. Vader is too tall, and this guy is too short.....they look wrong together.

Not to gloat, but Palpy & Vader look alright next to one another, to me.

picture.php

(Can't recommend modifying Vader's height enough!)

Last edited:
Back