SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

Endor Troop Bundle is still available, that's the oldest, that shipped around spring 2007 I beieve.

Funny, that Endor troop bundle really killed it for potential troop builder type releases going forward. Of course, having an Endor Han, Luke and Leia or even Scout Troopers might have helped sales. SS just kind of threw it out there all on it's lonesome. :huh

Funny, that Endor troop bundle really killed it for potential troop builder type releases going forward. Of course, having an Endor Han, Luke and Leia or even Scout Troopers might have helped sales. SS just kind of threw it out there all on it's lonesome. :huh

I think it just killed trying to sell 3 at once, which I think with any trooper, especially in the current economy, would probably not work out.

We've got a trio of Sandtroopers now though, a large ES on Stormtroopers, we're getting a healthy number of Clones and Imperial Officers, a couple Rebel Troops from A New Hope. All in all, the Militaries of Star Wars line is pretty healthy.

That's probably a big factor, it's not a piece that was done with nothing relevant to it since. Han and wall this past year, looks like at least the Gamorrean in 2010.

I'm not at all against setting an ESB Boba in that environment either. :lol

I'm not at all against setting an ESB Boba in that environment either. :lol

I'll take any Boba Fett soon, but with having the Medicom already and liking his armor a bit more colorful in Jedi, I'd rather a Jedi version, but I'm sure he'll be coming in 2010 and it'll be ESB.

I would think a RotJ Boba Fett would be a better choice than ESB right now. We have a lot of Jabba related figures already so Boba would fit right in there. ESB wise, we don't have Vader, Stormtroopers, Chewie, 3PO, or Leia. Just Han and Lando (and Luke I guess).

Actually, it's a good idea but not many people caught on and the fact that one is a random SS employee might have also had something to do with it. I wound up picking up an extra and bashed together a black gunner (there should be more color in rebel troops anyway) and another trooper to go with my Endor Han.

I'll take any Boba Fett soon, but with having the Medicom already and liking his armor a bit more colorful in Jedi, I'd rather a Jedi version, but I'm sure he'll be coming in 2010 and it'll be ESB.

With the anniversary that makes the most sense. Jedi Boba will likely follow in 2013 for ROTJ's Anny.

A $200 chair for a 12" doll?! Ridiculous, man...

Not when you consider the 12" doll is $100. Sounds more reasonable that way. :lol

Not when you consider the 12" doll is $100. Sounds more reasonable that way. :lol

Yeah, until someone points out you can get a full size, usable chair for that money, then it makes you do this a little :monkey2 :lol

I would think a RotJ Boba Fett would be a better choice than ESB right now.

I would much prefer a Jedi Boba... only because I have a Hurricane ESB Boba.

Also, the fact that ESB Boba has been done to death: multiple Hasbro, Marmit, Medicom.

But there's never been a Jedi version.

Unfortunately, or not, the year of ESB is screaming another ESB Boba.

Actually, it's a good idea but not many people caught on and the fact that one is a random SS employee might have also had something to do with it. I wound up picking up an extra and bashed together a black gunner (there should be more color in rebel troops anyway) and another trooper to go with my Endor Han.

With the anniversary that makes the most sense. Jedi Boba will likely follow in 2013 for ROTJ's Anny.

I think it's a good idea, I just think it was poorly executed from a cross selling view point.

I would think a RotJ Boba Fett would be a better choice than ESB right now. We have a lot of Jabba related figures already so Boba would fit right in there. ESB wise, we don't have Vader, Stormtroopers, Chewie, 3PO, or Leia. Just Han and Lando (and Luke I guess).

Agree. ROTJ Boba > ESB Boba

starwars-boba-fett.jpg

ROTJ FTW

ROTJ's armor design also makes more sense with Jango Fett's jetpack, they're they same color scheme, so it fits better with Boba taking his father's armor.

I've never read anything, I wonder if there's explanation why his armor was redesigned for Jedi.

Either way, I'm just glad this design never made it to the screen, not a fan of the excess yellow on him, at least excess compared to the ESB and ROTJ designs.

BobaFett.jpg

The only thing Medicom's figure really doesn't have that I hope to see in Sideshow, besides scale with their figures, would be a taller neck, the Medi-Fetts sit a little too low on the shoulders.

cannot wait....
will be up early for the PPO!!
am going for the throne first incase it is a low quantity!!

Really.. why do I need any thing with the Emperor? He's just gonna sit and rot in that chair :lol A more expressive face would be nice though. Laughing would be fantastic!

lol!!!
u r right,he is menacing as is ;)
but i STILL want that chair-not excuses ;)

I hope we get to see the sculpt from lower angles, most of the clear shots of his face were from low angles, the teaser shot looks a little odd because it's out of context, we never saw the Emperor from that view.

Back