SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

I can't for SS to release more pics of this.

This is going to be such an awesome piece :rock :rock :rock

i don't think it was the "3 figs at one time" that killed the Endor bundle. It was more like a combination of the facts 1)prices were increased at least $5 concurrent with that release 2)there was no significant discount for buying all 3 ($25 gift card pfft) and 3)people had major issues with SSC sculpting a figure to look like their employee.

Personally, I think 3 at a time works well if they don't mingle it with nonsense and give people an incentive to buy.

A 3 pack of 2 Utapau clones and Cody would have been a big hit, if say each clone normally $99 and Cody is $119. Sell the whole set for $300 AND add the $25 gift card.

cannot wait....
will be up early for the PPO!!
am going for the throne first incase it is a low quantity!!

I am guessing there will be a lot of thrones since they will make enough to cover the entire edition size of the Emperor.

I am guessing there will be a lot of thrones since they will make enough to cover the entire edition size of the Emperor.

I doubt that. A lot of people aren't going to be able to afford or want to spend the price of the the throne. I would guess that 1/3 - 1/2 of the total Palpatine edition size will be the number of thrones made. In today's market, when shipping time comes, odds are plenty of other things will be shipping too and a lot of people would weigh in their orders and opt that a pricey chair is the first thing to go if need be. Sideshow has to anticipate that with their ES to not be stuck sitting on inventory.

Seems to me that they put the PT portrait on the OT version of the character.

I don't dislike the PT portrait, but in truth, I do prefer the OT portrait.

Edit - And I am still getting two if I can.

Seems to me that they put the PT portrait on the OT version of the character.

I don't dislike the PT portrait, but in truth, I do prefer the OT portrait.

If you're saying it's the Sidious sculpt reused, it isn't, but that doesn't mean the sculpt for this figure doesn't have bits of the PT design in it, the Revenge of the Sith makeup filled in details that weren't planned out in Jedi. The Jedi prosthetics covered only to his forhead basically because the hood and lighting would only ever reveal that much of him.

I have faith that the sculpt is heavily based on ROTJ with just small touches of ROTS in it to fill in the gaps.

sculpt looks wonderful to me. Its maybe not 100% ROTJ accurate (more wrinkles and such), but I think it conveys the character very very well. Its not quite like needing to nail down Hammill or Ford.

i don't think it was the "3 figs at one time" that killed the Endor bundle. It was more like a combination of the facts 1)prices were increased at least $5 concurrent with that release 2)there was no significant discount for buying all 3 ($25 gift card pfft) and 3)people had major issues with SSC sculpting a figure to look like their employee.

Personally, I think 3 at a time works well if they don't mingle it with nonsense and give people an incentive to buy.

A 3 pack of 2 Utapau clones and Cody would have been a big hit, if say each clone normally $99 and Cody is $119. Sell the whole set for $300 AND add the $25 gift card.

Clones are only $90, so $300 wouldn't be a good deal at all really. $275 would be a good deal though.

I think the biggest problem with the Endor Troopers were the fact they were Endror Troopers. Everyone wanted the Tantive IV Rebels first and we didn't and still don't have any more Endor figures to go with them. No Luke Poncho, no Han Trenchcoat, no Leia, Ewoks, or Biker scouts.

Clones are only $90, so $300 wouldn't be a good deal at all really. $275 would be a good deal though.

I think the biggest problem with the Endor Troopers were the fact they were Endror Troopers. Everyone wanted the Tantive IV Rebels first and we didn't and still don't have any more Endor figures to go with them. No Luke Poncho, no Han Trenchcoat, no Leia, Ewoks, or Biker scouts.

you're right I forgot the prices. you got my drift.

I agree its a shame we still haven't finished the ROTJ scene. I'm using an extra poncho from the sgt. and the awful Bespin Han to make Endor Han.

Why are we talking about clones in Palps' thread? Surely someone started a thread to talk about clones. :dunno

It's small point, but I'm happy with how big the opening of the hood looks, should look great when manipulated to cover him as it does in the film.

Agreed. The more I look at the pic the more I think it the sculpt will look more accurate when the futzing on the hood is more accurate.

i do wish the cloak was a more accurate fabric, but it does look nice.

Absolutely. I was even weary on the 1:1 bust until I got it and actually futzed the hood to look like it did in Jedi and then I loved it.

When people are used to seeing something a particular way, and you're selling something to look like that, it's important to present it the same way to really show off how well you captured it.

i do wish the cloak was a more accurate fabric, but it does look nice.

I'm thinking this case may be a choice of how the fabric behaves than the exact texture of it. This cloak looks to drape on him pretty nicely, it's possible a fabric that has the texturing like his cloak might be stiffer.

Personally, i care more about the drape, accurrate texture doesn't mean much if it puffs out goofily.

Back